One month until the trade deadline, who gets moved?

Who gets moved before the deadline?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm against moving Rakell. You're happy to get something similar down the road. If he was 29 ok but at that age I'd keep him.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm against moving Rakell. You're happy to get something similar down the road. If he was 29 ok but at that age I'd keep him.

I’m on the fence with Rakell. Last game was pretty brutal for him, but I think this season for some players has been up and down, where last year was mostly down. Yeah injuries playing a factor in that.

Need goal scorers, and he can score goals, just hasn’t been doing it this season. Maybe his wrist is still hurting? He is at a .67 PPG and for his contract, that is really good. Would give him one more season to get back his game.

If they are going to move Rakell has to be an excellent return not just good, and would prefer it a young NHL player, or NHL ready top prospect than futures.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think moving Rakell is a good move, as I think he’s complementary rather than a line driver. I think moving him now requires getting back a high end prospect though, because you won’t get team trading a mid-1st until after the draft lottery is set.

It’s not an emergency to trade him (or Henrique) now. Those are the guys most likely to bring back a hockey trade worth anything.
Basically this... he doesn't really work well for us if we don't have good line mates for him to play with.. and we basically don't have that until the end of his contract.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know. I just know people said he was a difficult teammate to play with and Bob claimed he had a plan that would become apparent down the road. (All while continuing to watch the team rot under RCII who never should have been brought back.) As usual, no plan ever publicly emerged but the guy he had doubts about signing and was difficult top play with was gone. He hasn't been happy with the current core so I'm just guessing Ricky would be the guy to go this time. He seems to show a lot of lack of effort and has been disappointing since the two 30 goal seasons. We know Bob will not take any responsibility for the team's lack of progress.
He tried to sign shattenkirk and had a deal in place with Faulk . It’s clear the plan is he will surely replace him with a better version of Monty

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He tried to sign shattenkirk and had a deal in place with Faulk . It’s clear the plan is he will surely replace him with a better version of Monty
Both of those situations occurred in the off season. He couldn't have know either option would present themselves when the trade was made. It was clearly a case of moving out a guy who had lost favor first, and secondly then, the obvious need to replace him. But to say there was a plan in place at the time of the trade is a bit disingenuous on his part. Unless he would care to explain himself better.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Both of those situations occurred in the off season. He couldn't have know either option would present themselves when the trade was made. It was clearly a case of moving out a guy who had lost favor first, and secondly then, the obvious need to replace him. But to say there was a plan in place at the time of the trade is a bit disingenuous on his part. Unless he would care to explain himself better.
Give it a rest Fever. We all know you're upset about an apparently disingenuous remark Bob made a while back. What did you expect him to say? That he traded Montour because the guy was a ****head and p***ing off everybody he played with? That would go over well. Bob's biggest issue IMHO opinion is he's such a straightforward guy that he doesn't know how to lie convincingly to the public - and then all the folks with anti-BM agendas have a field day.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Give it a rest Fever. We all know you're upset about an apparently disingenuous remark Bob made a while back. What did you expect him to say? That he traded Montour because the guy was a ****head and p***ing off everybody he played with? That would go over well. Bob's biggest issue IMHO opinion is he's such a straightforward guy that he doesn't know how to lie convincingly to the public - and then all the folks with anti-BM agendas have a field day.
Calm down Bergey. It’s just an opinion, you don’t have to like it. Trust me, nothing about sports upsets me. :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
These forums are funny

Cant move rakell, only skilled player
Cant move kase, dont want to sell low on him
Cant move silf, he earned his stay
Cant move ritchie we need physicality
Cant move grant hes a great 4th liner
Cant move henrique, until steel/lundy/zegras are ready
Cant move getz, he wants to stay
Cant move manson, no rhd depth

Basically were going to hold all these pieces and hope they can turn it around next year... at the same time we complain about our prospects.

Sometimes you have to cut your loses... and even if you sell lowish you might hit a home run on the pick or prospect.... sitting on these players isnt going to help us get good anytime soon. People have to just accept were prob going to lose a couple trades up front and hopefully win long term.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
These forums are funny

Basically were going to hold all these pieces and hope they can turn it around next year... at the same time we complain about our prospects.

Sometimes you have to cut your loses... and even if you sell lowish you might hit a home run on the pick or prospect.... sitting on these players isnt going to help us get good anytime soon. People have to just accept were prob going to lose a couple trades up front and hopefully win long term.

Out of those choices, Silf and Rico are the players to move IMO. The team right now is as good as the younger guys allow it to be, Silf and Rico are really expensive stopgaps going forward. Getz has his NMC, really unlikely that he goes anywhere.

I would only move Rakell if we get an extremely good return. The TDL is a bad time to sell, IMO there would be more potential buyers and available assets during the offseason.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
These forums are funny

I don't see how that's different from any other forum, of course people are going to disagree with each other. I don't think there's anyone who wants to keep all of those players, but people will have different ideas as to who should be moved.

For me, the players I would keep are
Silf - I see him as a core guy, much more so than Rakell.
Ritchie - Yes, we need that physicality as our key prospects are on the smaller side. I'm also not as high on Jones as most others and don't think he could replace Ritchie.
Grant - Worth more to us than he would fetch in a trade. Not having him would probably force another prospect into a role he's not ready for. Sure, he could be traded but then we would need to get someone else just like him. Also not a trade that's going to turn this team around.
Getz - Because Getz.

I'm not saying that all of the other listed players need to go, but some of them should be traded before the start of the next season.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Do you move Rakell if it gets you:

Vaakanianen
1st
Heinen/Bjork?

Seems the market is dictating an overpay for a signed RW but the Bruins are in win now mode.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Wonder if the avs would deal for rakell

Maybe something like

Rakell for 1st + Helleson + bowers/kaut
or
Rakell for 1st + Timmins + jost

I assume Anaheim has to add a little in either scenario

Both trades give us a RHD prospect... we could potentially use the added 1st to get a guy like Schneider or Barron(or any other RHD prospects available)

In every single one of the above proposals, the ducks get quantity, not quality. Colorado's first will be at the low end of the round. You haven't included Colorado's top prospects (Newhook or Bowers). There is no reason to trade Rakell now in that kind of deal. We don't need Jost. Rakell is simply too valuable and has too much term to make that type of trade now.

I'm not opposed to the ducks trading him, but it needs to be for a can't miss defensemen (Bowers or Sandin level) or high level scoring wing.

These forums are funny

I don't disagree with everything you posted, but your definition of "cutting your losses" is trading ducks players for well below value. You seem to be a big fan of quantity for ducks quality, which means the ducks never get the best player (or even an elite prospect). And the problem is that you are not going for home runs - you're targeting players like Jost, Kaut, Bowers and Helleson who have very limited upside and by all accounts are NOT Colorado's top prospects. So now you're left swinging for for the fences with a low first round pick. Not going to move the needle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Do you move Rakell if it gets you:

Vaakanianen
1st
Heinen/Bjork?

Seems the market is dictating an overpay for a signed RW but the Bruins are in win now mode.

I don't think that gets it done. IF Rakell goes, IMO he goes for a prospect with elite upside.

Two issues with Vaakanainen - he's another LHD, plus he's expansion eligible. Makes him a significantly less attractive trade piece IMO.

1st + Heinen/Björk is nice and all, but we would need more than that to justify moving Rakell. Personally I don't think Rakell is dealt at the TDL, there would be more potential suitors in the offseason.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Yes but per CapFriendly, he is exempt.

I'm not sure the CapFriendly lists are corrected yet. For example for the Ducks, it lists Steel as not exempt, but Comtois as exempt, even though they both are second year pros and hit RFA in 2021.

I've seen multiple sources cite that only first/second year pros (plus all unsigned draft picks) are exempt from the expansion draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm not sure the CapFriendly lists are corrected yet. For example for the Ducks, it lists Steel as not exempt, but Comtois as exempt, even though they both are second year pros and hit RFA in 2021.

I've seen multiple sources cite that only first/second year pros (plus all unsigned draft picks) are exempt from the expansion draft.

That's correct, though. Comtois was an underager who didn't play enough games for it to count as a pro season. Same with this Finnish guy(not spelling that till I need to). That was the mistake I made at first, seeing that he played pro but not checking the age.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wonder if Colorado would par with newhook
That would probably have to be a lindholm deal.

As far as the deadline, I still don't think anyone but del zotto goes. I'd rather keep grant for anything less than a second rounder, and I doubt anyone bites at that.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad