One month until the trade deadline, who gets moved?

Who gets moved before the deadline?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Miller will be traded if He is willing to. But he’s had really bad experiences being a rental so I don’t think it’s that important to him than staying with his family.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I look up and down the line up, I see a young overall group. I still feel they should have a better record.

I do think we could still move Kase and Ritchie to improve defense in the summer. But that’s about it.

I like the idea of taking on a bad contract. Because that team looking to clear cap, is gonna pay a lot.

Last edited:

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I look up and down the line up, I see a young overall group. I still feel they should have a better record.

I do think we could still move Kase and Ritchie to improve defense in the summer. But that’s about it.

I like the idea of taking on a bad contract. Because that team looking to clear cap, is gonna pay a lot.
Agreed. I don't see us moving anyone out at TDL except Shore; and that becomes more certain if we take on an expiring bad contract. Moves to improve the team will happen in the summer.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Logically MDZ goes because he's a part timer and Bob has a track record of moving him. Logically Shore goes because Bob/Dallas have shown he's only a spare part and not part of the future plans. Grant isn't a logical pick but I think Bob would be willing to move him even though he may well re-sign him, so I voted for him too. Don't think Bob will move Des.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Logically MDZ goes because he's a part timer and Bob has a track record of moving him. Logically Shore goes because Bob/Dallas have shown he's only a spare part and not part of the future plans. Grant isn't a logical pick but I think Bob would be willing to move him even though he may well re-sign him, so I voted for him too. Don't think Bob will move Des.
I don't think MDZ goes unless he wants to; he's been a good player for us, and Bob will respect that. We don't need to accumulate 6ths or 7ths. Grant won't go either; I think he's learned about being reasonable at contract time. But Shore is not part of the future and is totally expendable.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't think MDZ goes unless he wants to; he's been a good player for us, and Bob will respect that. We don't need to accumulate 6ths or 7ths. Grant won't go either; I think he's learned about being reasonable at contract time. But Shore is not part of the future and is totally expendable.
Nothing against MDZ but he went for a 6th last year and I doubt he will be back next year. Hell, the Blues might even want him again. :laugh:

I’d like to see Grant back and I’m sure he’d come back if Bob makes him an offer. But I could see him being a really good depth pick up for other teams. If Bob could get a 3rd and still sign him, that would be a sweet deal.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I voted for Rakell, Deslauriers, Del Zotto, Holzer and Rowney. I doubt all of them will be gone but some of them, I would probably put my bets on Rowney and Del Zotto. I don't think Shore will be moved because I don't think anyone wants him. Richie's, Kase's and Manson's value is down right now so it's not a good time to sell them. Getzlaf, Silfverberg, Lindholm and Gibson are not going anywhere.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Grant is perfect 4th line center with skill and grit.. Why on earth would we want to get to rid of him.. I say extend him.. He deserves it lol

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Grant is perfect 4th line center with skill and grit.. Why on earth would we want to get to rid of him.. I say extend him.. He deserves it lol

I think the idea would be to acquire another asset and have a "handshake" deal that he comes back or at least that we'll offer him a contract. Same with Des and MDZ.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Miller will be traded if He is willing to. But he’s had really bad experiences being a rental so I don’t think it’s that important to him than staying with his family.

GM Murray went to Miller last trade deadline and asked if he wanted to be moved. Miller said he didn't want to and Murray obliged. Gotta give Murray a lot of props in seeing well established veterans in Miller's position the option.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Shore - if they can, they won’t qualify him at his cost.

Grant - if he won’t re-sign. I’d far rather give him a 3 year contract like Rowney got though.

Deslauriers- if he won’t re-sign for 1-2 years

MDZ - because there’s no reason not to

Kase - if it can be a hockey trade, he won’t get traded for picks

Miller - if HE wants to

I don’t see a big windfall of picks/trades. I don’t see them wanting to put themselves into a quandary with the expansion draft with defensemen either.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shore - if they can, they won’t qualify him at his cost.

Grant - if he won’t re-sign. I’d far rather give him a 3 year contract like Rowney got though.

Deslauriers- if he won’t re-sign for 1-2 years

MDZ - because there’s no reason not to

Kase - if it can be a hockey trade, he won’t get traded for picks

Miller - if HE wants to

I don’t see a big windfall of picks/trades. I don’t see them wanting to put themselves into a quandary with the expansion draft with defensemen either.

I agree with locking up Grant for 3 years. Can see the difference when he is in the line up. Also makes sense about holding off on the D. Adding Gudbrandson has actually improved the D. I think he has a chance to have his best productive season ever, which is kind of ironic on this team, lol. If Manson can continue to play like he has as of late, then the D is pretty solid.

Like you said, there is not much going on with who can be traded, and the rentals they do have, won’t fetch much. I still do like the idea of taking on a cap dump. Won’t need that cap next season, so if it gets a young NHL ready asset, then go for it. Any team knows they will have to pay handsomely to get rid of their cap, especially someone with still another year left after this one, like Backes.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's true that none of our possible moves have much value, but the more picks you get, the more often you might find a diamond in the rough. Bob has done some talking about being open for business at the deadline. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->