One month until the trade deadline, who gets moved?

Who gets moved before the deadline?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
That's correct, though. Comtois was an underager who didn't play enough games for it to count as a pro season. Same with this Finnish guy(not spelling that till I need to). That was the mistake I made at first, seeing that he played pro but not checking the age.

Comtois played 10 games, which is enough to prevent an ELC slide via assignment to juniors (usually kids get sent back at the 9 game mark for this reason). Therefore a year was burned from Comtois' ELC, effectively making it a pro season, unless there's something that I'm completely missing here. How would it be possible to be a second year pro in 2021, while being done with a 3-year ELC..?

Comtois didn't play enough games to gain early arbitration eligibility though.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
That would probably have to be a lindholm deal.

As far as the deadline, I still don't think anyone but del zotto goes. I'd rather keep grant for anything less than a second rounder, and I doubt anyone bites at that.

I'd be totally fine with a 3rd with conditions that could turn it into a 2nd.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Comtois played 10 games, which is enough to prevent an ELC slide via assignment to juniors (usually kids get sent back at the 9 game mark for this reason). Therefore a year was burned from Comtois' ELC, effectively making it a pro season, unless there's something that I'm completely missing here. How would it be possible to be a second year pro in 2021, while being done with a 3-year ELC..?

Comtois didn't play enough games to gain early arbitration eligibility though.

Capfriendly elaborated when it happened but he needed 11 games for it to count, 10 just burnt that ELC.

Reactions: Opak

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Capfriendly elaborated when it happened but he needed 11 games for it to count, 10 just burnt that ELC.

I see, some expansion rules we have. We have a guy who's exempt despite going through a 3-year ELC, plus we have a guy who's exempt despite playing pro hockey for 3 years prior to the expansion draft... :laugh:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I see, some expansion rules we have. We have a guy who's exempt despite going through a 3-year ELC, plus we have a guy who's exempt despite playing pro hockey for 3 years prior to the expansion draft... :laugh:

Benoit is kind of weird but I get it with Comtois, I think its even absurd it was that close gameswise. He got a cup of coffee in the NHL and mostly played junior, that absolutely should be exempt.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I don't know. I just know people said he was a difficult teammate to play with and Bob claimed he had a plan that would become apparent down the road. (All while continuing to watch the team rot under RCII who never should have been brought back.) As usual, no plan ever publicly emerged but the guy he had doubts about signing and was difficult top play with was gone.

Give it a rest Fever. We all know you're upset about an apparently disingenuous remark Bob made a while back. What did you expect him to say? That he traded Montour because the guy was a ****head and p***ing off everybody he played with? That would go over well. Bob's biggest issue IMHO opinion is he's such a straightforward guy that he doesn't know how to lie convincingly to the public - and then all the folks with anti-BM agendas have a field day.

Where is this coming from in regards to Montour? Or is this just speculation?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I'm not sure the CapFriendly lists are corrected yet. For example for the Ducks, it lists Steel as not exempt, but Comtois as exempt, even though they both are second year pros and hit RFA in 2021.

I've seen multiple sources cite that only first/second year pros (plus all unsigned draft picks) are exempt from the expansion draft.

It’s been discussed extensively that Vaaka is exempt. I’m not sure of the exact reasoning but something to do with his professional games coming before a certain age since he’s European.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Where is this coming from in regards to Montour? Or is this just speculation?
IIRC, there was some talk that his defensive partners found it difficult to predict where Montour was going to be on the ice. Didn't find a source with a quick googling and can't be bothered to do a proper search.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
It’s been discussed extensively that Vaaka is exempt. I’m not sure of the exact reasoning but something to do with his professional games coming before a certain age since he’s European.
It sounds strange that he would exempt while Lundeström is not. Lundeström is also European, is younger, and played fewer pro games last season. He had more games in the NHL, though. I guess AHL games do not count for young Europeans but NHL games do? These rules are a mess.

Reactions: Opak and CellyHard

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
IIRC, there was some talk that his defensive partners found it difficult to predict where Montour was going to be on the ice. Didn't find a source with a quick googling and can't be bothered to do a proper search.

So, speculation. Montour was definitely a rover so I can see the logic behind the complaint (if it happened).

Still don't see how that merits a trade, especially when it creates a crater in your top 4 with no one in the foreseeable future to shore up that right side.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It sounds strange that he would exempt while Lundeström is not. Lundeström is also European, is younger, and played fewer pro games last season. He had more games in the NHL, though. I guess AHL games do not count for young Europeans but NHL games do? These rules are a mess.
For some reason, the number of NHL games played to count as a pro season toward the expansion draft is 11. Comtois had 10 and Lundestrom had 15.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
For some reason, the number of NHL games played to count as a pro season toward the expansion draft is 11. Comtois had 10 and Lundestrom had 15.
So NHL games count no matter your age and nationality. Makes sense, I guess. Still funny that someone could have 60 AHL games and 10 NHL games, and still have the year not count as a pro year. While someone else could have a legit pro year with 11 NHL games and 2 AHL games.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I'd rather keep grant for anything less than a second rounder, and I doubt anyone bites at that.

I agree. A 2nd is the lowest I would accept as I prefer him resigned. Good quality depth is tough to find and he fits here. A trade and resign is too much of gamble unless the return is good enough. Rather trade a few other players before Grant.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree. A 2nd is the lowest I would accept as I prefer him resigned. Good quality depth is tough to find and he fits here. A trade and resign is too much of gamble unless the return is good enough. Rather trade a few other players before Grant.
If you trade him to a team that is cap strapped... I don't think its a problem.

Chances are he likes it in Anaheim, but I also assume he will want to test the market to see what hes worth... after so many years of being unlucky, now he has a couple solid seasons under his belt, and this might be his best chance to make some money.

We add an asset, he gets to test his market value in Free Agency, and if he likes playing in Anaheim... he can come back with his price.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
Columbus and Dallas are looking for supplemental, depth players. Possibly a Grant, Shore, or Kaše.

Vancouver could use a left handed third line player like Grant to replace Micheal Ferland who is out for the season.

Toronto could use Manson, Del Zotto or someone else experienced on defense for a playoff push.

Teams with top heavy offenses and poor middle 6 scoring like Winnipeg, Colorado, or Edmonton might do well by inquiring about Rakell or Sprong as a 3rd line scorer for a playoff run.

Philadelphia might appreciate a middle 6 scorer or a depth defenseman with experience.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Columbus and Dallas are looking for supplemental, depth players. Possibly a Grant, Shore, or Kaše.

Vancouver could use a left handed third line player like Grant to replace Micheal Ferland who is out for the season.

Toronto could use Manson, Del Zotto or someone else experienced on defense for a playoff push.

Teams with top heavy offenses and poor middle 6 scoring like Winnipeg, Colorado, or Edmonton might do well by inquiring about Rakell or Sprong as a 3rd line scorer for a playoff run.

Philadelphia might appreciate a middle 6 scorer or a depth defenseman with experience.
Noo thats our core players...

Only shore and holzer are available.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think Edmonton could do wonders with Sprong.

Maybe, but if they are focused on the here and now I don't see him being who they are calling on.

Given that the Oilers current center group is Draisaitl followed by Sheahan, Haas and Cave, I have no doubt they've at least checked in on Grant, maybe even Henrique.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
What do they know that Ducks don't?

McJesus and Draisaitl were able to elevate a has-been James Neal into a 20 goal guy again, imagine if they got a guy that can shoot the puck like Sprong.

In more funnier news, Neal is a team-worst -21 on the season despite scoring 19. Basically, for every goal he scores he's on the ice for two against... :laugh:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Rico for Risto, the trade is one for one. Bob, if you pull that off, I will forgive at least a couple of bad deals you've made recently...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Rico for Risto, the trade is one for one. Bob, if you pull that off, I will forgive at least a couple of bad deals you've made recently...

If we move Risto for Rico.... I hope wed move manson after.

Toronto could be desperate enough to move Nylander for Manson+

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Who deleted my post and why?

Why do we have 2 trade threads can we combine them we don't need 2 threads for everything.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->