Player Discussion: Ondrej Palat

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Even Drej forgot about Drej today. 0 shots, -2 and did touch the puck like 3 times total? We need him to step it up, he’s one of our better board players and has a solid shot but that was nothing today from him it’s like we only have two players on line 1.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
ya'll hating on Pally must be blind. Without him, we lost AT LEAST 2 - 3 games in earlier rounds. Not just because of his scoring but because of his assists with Kuch, Stammer, Pointer... get over the Pally hate.

#Damnitanyway :laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Palat didn't have a great game but same with a few others. However I think we will need a Palat, Stamkos, and Killorn to step up in this series. We need more 5v5 goals.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Palat didn't have a great game but same with a few others. However I think we will need a Palat, Stamkos, and Killorn to step up in this series. We need more 5v5 goals.
Palat was invisible and Stamkos turned it over for a goal against (he even tried that stupid pass two times) and whiffed on several chances. Killorn on the other hand was pretty involved I thought.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Palat was invisible and Stamkos turned it over for a goal against (he even tried that stupid pass two times) and whiffed on several chances. Killorn on the other hand was pretty involved I thought.

Agree Killorn played a good game. Stamkos had a few good looks in this game and maybe had he cashed in on one of them we would be a little happier with him. But ya that turnover was costly and vasi needed to make a save there but those two weren't even the reason we lost when we only score 1 goal. Need to be better 5v5 because islanders can score goals 5v5 and we have been little too dependent on our pp. Which seems like something we won't really be able to depend on very much at all since they don't get penalties.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Is this it (2014)? Playoff Avatar Brainstorming Thread

At work but I quickly made this..

B9YK7sv.png

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Palat had his day with the cup in Frýdek-Místek. Really cool to see some Lightning jerseys in the crowd

some locals wearing Kubina jerseys

If you know the Palat-Kubina story from 2015, it makes it that much more special:

Palat inspired by Kubina's 2004 Cup experience - Sportsnet.ca
When Pavel Kubina brought the Stanley Cup to the tiny Czech village of Janovice in July 2004 everything stopped.

First the people flooded his parents’ yard and later a nearby soccer field.

They came on bikes and in cars. Men, women and children — many of whom Kubina had never met — including a young boy named Ondrej Palat, who lived one town over in Frydek-Mistek.
For Palat, Kubina was a beacon of hope. The 13-year-old was the biggest Lightning fan you could find 8,000 kilometres from Tampa and he had his dad wake him up in the middle of the night to watch them beat Calgary in the Stanley Cup final.

A dream was born a few weeks later when Kubina brought the trophy to their small corner of the world. That’s when Palat started thinking he might one day win it, too.

Hopefully there's another young future Lightning star in the audience at Palat's celebration as well :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad