OT: On this episode of Days of the OT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
So I really liked fubo.tv streaming. It worked as well as I could've hoped, the cloud DVR was sweet, the price was decent enough for what I got... which was all the channels I'd care about, Sabres games and Bills games. Someone mentioned in another thread however that NFL playoff games could be on ABC/ESPN, which are probably the only channels that fubo.tv doesn't have (that I'd care about). I cancelled the free trial for fubo before it came up since I wasn't sure if not having ABC/ESPN was a dealbreaker.

Anyone know, in a pinch, if I'd be able to get ESPN+ for a month and cover my bases as far as any hypothetical Bills playoff games on ABC/ESPN go? I assume when someone says "ABC/ESPN" that the game airs on both at the same time... so if I have ESPN I should be good?

The only alternative that legitimately seems to have everything is AT&T TV NOW ... which is $80 per month and wouldn't really save me anything after having dropped cable. Though if I did that, at least I could cancel once the sports seasons are over and switch to something cheaper for a while.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well, my wife just got a new job.

Her business had dipped to the point that she was nervous. A friend overheard her mention it and told her to apply for an admin job in the department she works in at a local college.

She just got a call and she starts on the 6th.

I hope this calms her down a little bit.

And it would be nice if my son got over the bug that has put him down for the past two days. He's got a varsity game on Saturday and a club game on Sunday!

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So I really liked fubo.tv streaming. It worked as well as I could've hoped, the cloud DVR was sweet, the price was decent enough for what I got... which was all the channels I'd care about, Sabres games and Bills games. Someone mentioned in another thread however that NFL playoff games could be on ABC/ESPN, which are probably the only channels that fubo.tv doesn't have (that I'd care about). I cancelled the free trial for fubo before it came up since I wasn't sure if not having ABC/ESPN was a dealbreaker.

Anyone know, in a pinch, if I'd be able to get ESPN+ for a month and cover my bases as far as any hypothetical Bills playoff games on ABC/ESPN go? I assume when someone says "ABC/ESPN" that the game airs on both at the same time... so if I have ESPN I should be good?

The only alternative that legitimately seems to have everything is AT&T TV NOW ... which is $80 per month and wouldn't really save me anything after having dropped cable. Though if I did that, at least I could cancel once the sports seasons are over and switch to something cheaper for a while.
You can buy an OTA HD antenna which will cover your ABC

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
You can buy an OTA HD antenna which will cover your ABC
Never had much luck with those HD antennas...

But it's alright. I ended up going with the Spectrum Choice thing. Lots of money saved there compared to other services and I have almost every channel I want... including the basic local 2, 4, 7, etc. I won't have as immediate of access to Sabres games (though no worries, I'll find a way) since MSG wasn't an option... but after last nights game I'm starting to think that isn't such a bad thing for a little bit.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Saw Star Wars last night.

The Movie began predictably enough with scrolling text in a trapezoidal shape on a background of distant dots of stars. Then it was immediately ruined by the impossibility of Doppler-shifted sounds traveling in the vacuum of space.

Glad to see they didn’t use a plot element of hiding plans to a massive weapon in a droid, as that’s been done once twice three times already. Although, they did put a message in a droid, which I think was a long-lost Skywalker holiday nut bread recipe.

Before ...err AFTER people had the force to give them courage, they had this:

160328104436-billy-dee-williams-colt-45-commercial-340xa.jpg

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Saw Star Wars last night.

The Movie began predictably enough with scrolling text in a trapezoidal shape on a background of distant dots of stars. Then it was immediately ruined by the impossibility of Doppler-shifted sounds traveling in the vacuum of space.

Glad to see they didn’t use a plot element of hiding plans to a massive weapon in a droid, as that’s been done once twice three times already. Although, they did put a message in a droid, which I think was a long-lost Skywalker holiday nut bread recipe.

Before ...err AFTER people had the force to give them courage, they had this:
Seeing it today with my grandsons. Took my son to the first one when it came out. I just hope this one is at least half decent.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Never had much luck with those HD antennas...

But it's alright. I ended up going with the Spectrum Choice thing. Lots of money saved there compared to other services and I have almost every channel I want... including the basic local 2, 4, 7, etc. I won't have as immediate of access to Sabres games (though no worries, I'll find a way) since MSG wasn't an option... but after last nights game I'm starting to think that isn't such a bad thing for a little bit.

OTA antennas really depend on your proximity to the broadcast signal. If you're close to it, they work perfectly. If you're far away from the source, they're not that good. When I lived downtown I used to get around a dozen channels on mine, half of them were perfect quality.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Radio and television frequencies overlap at the high end of the VHF tv band and low end of the FM band around 88MHz. Sometimes you can get a major network TV station on your radio, but that may no longer be possible in the all-digital era.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
So stat correction gave me the win last week and put in to the championship game this week, hopefully I can go 2 for 2 on championships this week.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
We're still waiting for reliable fast internet. We use a Verizon Hotspot and it handcuffs us. Dsl is too advanced of a technology to run down our phone lines and cable doesn't run down our road. I'm just holding out for Elon's satellites, or one of the two or three other leo satellite internet companies to pull us into the 21st century.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
We're still waiting for reliable fast internet. We use a Verizon Hotspot and it handcuffs us. Dsl is too advanced of a technology to run down our phone lines and cable doesn't run down our road. I'm just holding out for Elon's satellites, or one of the two or three other leo satellite internet companies to pull us into the 21st century.
Where are you?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Lyndonville. Halfway between NF and Rochester, a couple miles south of Lake Ontario.

On the plus side, I have chickens and I could drive a golf ball in any direction without hitting a neighbor.

Reactions: slip

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
This might be good.
https://www.t-mobile.com/ISP

Satellite is probably the worst.

Swap the chickens for homing pigeons. Slow, but reliable. Botterill uses them extensively to negotiate trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad