Seravalli: On Elias Lindholm: "I think he will either be signed by draft week or traded."

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is Zibanejad viewed as a poor value contract too? What about Hintz or Thomas?

Zibanejad and Hintz are better players. I'm not taking Thomas at that contract right now either but he's also only 24. Lindholm will turn 30 two months into the new contract.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Dude

There's 32 teams

128 top 4 centers

32 of these based on every metric and criteria would be labeled number one centers

Technically yes, but only about 12-15 are real #1 centers the rest are there because somebody has to be.

Tyler Bozak technically the Leafs #1 center but at no point was he a REAL #1 center.

He was a #3 that was forced into the #1 spot.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Technically yes, but only about 12-15 are real #1 centers the rest are there because somebody has to be.

Tyler Bozak technically the Leafs #1 center but at no point was he a REAL #1 center.

He was a #3 that was forced into the #1 spot.
Was Boxak ever a top 30ish center? No...so he never was a top center

Well, then Nurse is a legit #1 D too......
Was Nurse ever a top 30 to 32D? If not...then no

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Lindholm is certainly a top 30 centre in the league, even top 20, but I don't think that most would agree with your point that 32 teams means there are 32 #1 centres in the league. Some teams carry multiple guys who can be commonly considered #1C. Other teams have none.
But there are only 32 centres that centre a #1 line. Hence there are only 32 #1 centres.

This is like saying, there's more than one president because there's more than one person capable of being president.

#1 Centre is a job title.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Lindholm is available, I put Rossi and #21 on the table pretty easily, as long as we can agree that they are the "primary" pieces. After that, it's just quibbling about the secondary stuff, which is to be expected.

He's a tad older than I'd like, but we're only talking 2 drafts between him and Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek. And a RH center that has shown he can play and excel with a skilled winger (we have one), is by far our #1 need.

Reactions: MK9

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Columbus would be super interesting.

Laine - Lindholm - Gaudreau
Johnston - Carlson - Marchenko

Finally Jenner gets pushed out of top 6 duties, and can form a nice 3rd line with Foudy and Sillinger.

That's a really good top 9 imo. With their D adds, they would definitely be pushing closer to a playoff berth.
Chinakhov would go ahead of Foudy in my opinion. Danforth was the best center out of the camp last season so he'll be challenging for that 3rd line too. Jackets are deep team now if they can stay relatively healthy next season. The scoring potential for Laine, Gaudreau, Marchenko, Johnson and Chinakhov is high especially now with all the puck moving defensemen.

If Johnson can play center full time next season then there is no need to go after Lindholm, but more than likely a veteran center is needed. Can't expect Carlson/Fantilli to slot in as #2 next season. Also if they intend to use Laine as C and if his faceoffs have improved, then Lindholm isn't needed necessarily.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
People can say lindholm was the most important player on the flames last year too, any argument you make for hintz you can make for lindholm

That's crazy man. Lindholm was the most important player on a team that didn't make the playoffs. Hintz was the most important player on a team that went to game 6 of the conference finals. It's not the same.

If Lindholm is available, I put Rossi and #21 on the table pretty easily, as long as we can agree that they are the "primary" pieces. After that, it's just quibbling about the secondary stuff, which is to be expected.

He's a tad older than I'd like, but we're only talking 2 drafts between him and Kaprizov/Eriksson Ek. And a RH center that has shown he can play and excel with a skilled winger (we have one), is by far our #1 need.

Unless some new info has come out since the last time I saw an actual offer from a Flames fan, the "quibbling about the secondary stuff" has come down to whether the "secondary stuff" is a 3rd round pick/cap dump like Foligno, or if it's another 1st+2nd round pick. So that's a pretty major chasm.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
That's crazy man. Lindholm was the most important player on a team that didn't make the playoffs. Hintz was the most important player on a team that went to game 6 of the conference finals. It's not the same.

Unless some new info has come out since the last time I saw an actual offer from a Flames fan, the "quibbling about the secondary stuff" has come down to whether the "secondary stuff" is a 3rd round pick/cap dump like Foligno, or if it's another 1st+2nd round pick. So that's a pretty major chasm.
Sounds like a pretty routine trade negotiation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad