Seravalli: On Elias Lindholm: "I think he will either be signed by draft week or traded."

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I don’t follow the Wild closely so was surprised a Wild fan put his name forward. Regressed a bit more than expected?

It's more that he hasn't progressed at the rate we hoped. Lost that year due to the heart condition. Is taking a little longer to adjust to the pro game than he was projected to on draft day. He's still progressing along, but I think most people expected him to be a full time NHLer by the end of last year, and he wasn't.

I think the idea is that with Eriksson Ek and Lindholm, Rossi becomes kind of expendable, as they're all of the same basic mold. Top six, two-way centers, not bona fide #1 guys, but can keep up in those roles. On the flip side for Calgary, they at least get one of those back for the future, rather than a good winger or defenseman. You gotta give to get. I would gladly sub out Rossi for someone like Lambos or Ohgren, but that's likely not as appealing to Calgary, and like I said, with Lindholm and Ek, Rossi becomes a little redundant.

It's not that I'm trying to dump Rossi. For an asking price of Rossi+1st+1st+2nd, I would strongly prefer just keeping Rossi.

Reactions: Bond

Bond

May 10, 2012
It's more that he hasn't progressed at the rate we hoped. Lost that year due to the heart condition. Is taking a little longer to adjust to the pro game than he was projected to on draft day. He's still progressing along, but I think most people expected him to be a full time NHLer by the end of last year, and he wasn't.

I think the idea is that with Eriksson Ek and Lindholm, Rossi becomes kind of expendable, as they're all of the same basic mold. Top six, two-way centers, not bona fide #1 guys, but can keep up in those roles. On the flip side for Calgary, they at least get one of those back for the future, rather than a good winger or defenseman. You gotta give to get. I would gladly sub out Rossi for someone like Lambos or Ohgren, but that's likely not as appealing to Calgary, and like I said, with Lindholm and Ek, Rossi becomes a little redundant.

It's not that I'm trying to dump Rossi. For an asking price of Rossi+1st+1st+2nd, I would strongly prefer just keeping Rossi.
Yeah. Rossi and 2 1sts is nuts lol. Rossi is the kind of swing I want the Flames to take. Sillinger is another. Prospect that could still turn into a top 6 center. They aren’t going to get a sure fire top 6 back and got to gamble a bit

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Minnesota needs centers so BADLY that they would be stupid to reject this chance. Same goes for maybe Chicago.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota needs centers so BADLY that they would be stupid to reject this chance. Same goes for maybe Chicago.
The absolute cap for any offer should be Rossi+1st+Foligno and that's IF Minnesota gets to speak to Lindholm and his agent about an extension. If Calgary gets more than that, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad