Confirmed with Link: Olli Maatta for Kahun and a 5th

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This all confuses me, Hawks were one of the fastest teams in the NHL from 2009-2015, what happened? Why do they keep going slower and smurfier by the day?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
does anyone know if Maata played for Finland after the Pens got bounced? I thought Finland had a full roster and had no adds after the first round playoffs..I was hoping maybe he played with Joker and I missed it there...but I don't think he went there this year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
does anyone know if Maata played for Finland after the Pens got bounced? I thought Finland had a full roster and had no adds after the first round playoffs..I was hoping maybe he played with Joker and I missed it there...but I don't think he went there this year.
Nope. Not even his own country would touch Rolli Polli Olli with a 10ft pole.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Yep.

This is all dependent on Maata regaining form.
Really seems like Stans M.O. of the last few years of buying low on guys that show higher upside than currently playing to.

Matta looked a potential top pair dman early in his career before cancer and injuries. Also, given Sullivan's dramatic system change predicated on speed, it wasn't the greatest fit given his skating and reluctance to jump deep into the play like letang or Daley would, for example

This might be one of those payoffs where if matta turns back into a very solid top 4 defender and all we had to give up was a middle six winger and a fifth, it's a steal

Lot of contingencies but it's probably a better gamble than coughing up a blue Chip prospect or Saad for someone like faulk or dehaan. Kubalik also looks like he can pick up kahuns slack if his world's was any indicator

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nope. Not even his own country would touch Rolli Polli Olli with a 10ft pole.
that's not true though, I know they pretty much went with a set roster prior to the WC starting, they left no room for adds - none of the guys like Aho or Tevo could play either when bounced..I just didn't know if Maata was the 1 player they added as I think they got a dman to come but that was it..

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
You’re being dramatic as usual. I hate the trade but Maata’s possession and shot share numbers were really good two years ago.

He's proven you can win with him in your backend. I really hope the injuries and such are over for him. I liked him alot coming out of the draft. His offensive game hasn't been as good as I thought he'd be but he was very solid defensively at one time. I still can't believe he's only going to be 25.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Really seems like Stans M.O. of the last few years of buying low on guys that show higher upside than currently playing to.

Matta looked a potential top pair dman early in his career before cancer and injuries. Also, given Sullivan's dramatic system change predicated on speed, it wasn't the greatest fit given his skating and reluctance to jump deep into the play like letang or Daley would, for example

This might be one of those payoffs where if matta turns back into a very solid top 4 defender and all we had to give up was a middle six winger and a fifth, it's a steal

Lot of contingencies but it's probably a better gamble than coughing up a blue Chip prospect or Saad for someone like faulk or dehaan. Kubalik also looks like he can pick up kahuns slack if his world's was any indicator

It is.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I don’t think they had room.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
well...

Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Cat - Strome - not Kahun(Sikura)
Saad - Anisimov - Perlini
Caggiula - Kampf - Kurashev

Keith - Gus
Maata - Joker