Confirmed with Link: Olli Maatta for Kahun and a 5th

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I’ve never said a bad thing about Bowman as he has had both good and bad but acquiring Maata and that contract he should be fired on the spot

Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
To be clear, I don’t give a flying **** about Stan Bowman. For all I care, he could already be out on the street and I wouldn’t feel any different.

I’m not campaigning for his ass.

I want this trade to work out positively because I WANT THE HAWKS TO WIN.

If he rebounds, he helps them win. That’s what I’m campaigning for. Not to just drown myself in misery and whine like a child about the GM.

Look at what the pens fans are saying, they have been waiting for him to gain foot speed for the past two seasons and no success, he is slow and that doesn’t change much as a hockey player, we all know that by now. Stan got another pylon to over take the tank command from Seabrook.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Look at what the pens fans are saying, they have been waiting for him to gain foot speed for the past two seasons and no success, he is slow and that doesn’t change much as a hockey player, we all know that by now. Stan got another pylon to over take the tank command from Seabrook.
who gives a shit about Pens fans, and most Yotes fans thought they just traded a busted pylon away in Strome. I think this trade f***ing sucks and not because of another idiot fanbase..

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Strome lacked speed too, and he looks like a guy that Colliton knows how to properly use.

I’m just making it very clear to you that my optimism here is solely because I want the Hawks to win, and I hope Colliton is able to revive this kid’s career and use him effectively.

For me, this has zero to do with defending Bowman.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
no offense, but Crosby and Malkin far exceed Strome and Cat - he likely steps in there on one of their wings

Yeah, he’d fit in well with either, probably a 40-50 point player in Pittsburgh. Is what it is, don’t like the value but at the same time, it prevents them from doing something crazy to try to fix the defense.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
who gives a **** about Pens fans, and most Yotes fans thought they just traded a busted pylon away in Strome. I think this trade ****ing sucks and not because of another idiot fanbase..

They watch him 82 games per year... You can get a perspective, to say all that they say is irrlelevant is idiotic...

Reactions: TheTang58

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah, he’d fit in well with either, probably a 40-50 point player in Pittsburgh. Is what it is, don’t like the value but at the same time, it prevents them from doing something crazy to try to fix the defense.

Someone still needs to go, right?

Keith-Gustafsson
Maatta-Murphy
Koekkoek-Seabrook

Jokiharju, Dahlstrom, Forsling

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This makes me think that Kurashev makes this team and/or they are looking to sign another wing. Dzingel perhaps?

This deal is all dependent if Maata bounces back from a rough season.

Maata is not a great skater but has learned what he can and can’t do on the ice. He is conservative player who is solid in his own end. He is not physical. Makes a solid first pass. Crazy but he is only 24 so he is just entering his prime.

If he bounces back to form this will be a good trade and if he does not it will be bad. This is a change of scenery deal as well (similar to Strome).

I give this trade a C for now.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
They watch him 82 games per year... You can get a perspective, to say all that they say is irrlelevant is idiotic...
I said fan bases are idiots - you seem to be basing this on their reactions and not your own eyes..my own eyes said Maata sucked last year and the year before, I just don't get it to be honest.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’m sure somebody on here said that when he traded for Strome. Let’s take a chill pill, Kahun is a third liner, nothing more.

He is only 24? Maybe he's a Strome-ish change of scenery type?
Maatta isn't anywhere close to being a generational talent. He's a turnover machine. Watch any highlight reel goal scored against the Pens and you'll see Mattaa getting burned.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This makes me think that Kurashev makes this team and/or they are looking to sign another wing. Dzingel perhaps?

Maata is not a great skater but has learned what he can and can’t do on the ice. He is conservative player who is solid in his own end. He is not physical. Makes a solid first pass. Crazy but he is only 24 so he is just entering his prime.

If he bounces back to form this will be a good trade and if he does not it will be bad. This is a change of scenery deal as well (similar to Strome).

I give this trade a C/C+ for now.

Agree, this is a risky move but I’m sure the front office and Colliton looked at tons of tape and see something they can tweak in his game that leads to a bounce back.

I can’t imagine they make this move if that’s not the case.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Someone still needs to go, right?

Keith-Gustafsson
Maatta-Murphy
Koekkoek-Seabrook

Jokiharju, Dahlstrom, Forsling

Yeah, Seabrook, to the press box for Jokiharju.

Though if they do plan on still using him, you’re right, this could open things up for Murphy or Gustafsson to be traded.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Strome lacked speed too, and he looks like a guy that Colliton knows how to properly use.

I’m just making it very clear to you that my optimism here is solely because I want the Hawks to win, and I hope Colliton is able to revive this kid’s career and use him effectively.

For me, this has zero to do with defending Bowman.

I don’t get optimism because of the General thought that I want the hawks to win, that makes zero sense to me, I get optimism from getting a good player that can help the team win. Lots of talk was around Strome that he can turn it around tho, Strome was only 21 at the time and Maata is going to be 25 this upcoming season, 3 years is a massive difference for a slow footed guy needing improvement...

Reactions: clydesdale line

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I give this trade a C/C+ for now.

I don't know how they sign anyone else unless AA gets moved with all the RFA's coming...but yes, Kurashev now has an opening, and that is the lone bright spot for me - Kubalik and Kurashev in our lineup makes my frown turn upside down..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad