Confirmed with Link: Olli Maatta for Kahun and a 5th

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don’t get optimism because of the General thought that I want the hawks to win, that makes zero sense to me, I get optimism from getting a good player that can help the team win. Lots of talk was around Strome that he can turn it around tho, Strome was only 21 at the time and Maata is going to be 25 this upcoming season, 3 years is a massive difference for a slow footed guy needing improvement...

I’m sorry my optimism offends you.

I recognize the risk here, but I’m not going to lose my goddamn mind before the guy even steps on the ice. If the trade does indeed turn out bad, I’ll obviously be upset then.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Look at what the pens fans are saying, they have been waiting for him to gain foot speed for the past two seasons and no success, he is slow and that doesn’t change much as a hockey player, we all know that by now. Stan got another pylon to over take the tank command from Seabrook.
Someone had to replace Admiral Kunitz.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I could see a Maata-Joker pairing. This would allow Joker to open up his offensive side more. They are also both Finns.

Reactions: d rake

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I said fan bases are idiots - you seem to be basing this on their reactions and not your own eyes..my own eyes said Maata sucked last year and the year before, I just don't get it to be honest.

I am basing it on a few things, from what I have watched of him, he seemed like a bottom piriing no body and a couple article I read and what neutral fans are saying and what Pens fans are saying and what you guys are saying.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kahun was meh. Idk if I like trading him for a guy that was healthy scratched the majority of last season though.

Yeah but Kahun was a rookie who did plenty of things well just had trouble finishing. He wouldn't be the first bottom-6 guy I'd trade away.

It does reek a bit like desperation.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I watch a lot of Pens games and Maatta would never have been a target in my mind. He gets beat to the outside a lot and is slow. He can be solid defensively though when speed isn’t a factor. Despite this we still got a 24 year old defenseman with almost 400 games played and a ton of playoff experience. He still has some potential but for now it’s a loss in my mind for Bowman.

Kahun is also the perfect type of player for Crosby if he plays with him so it could look even worse when it’s all said and done.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Maatta has not been the same since his cancer surgery and prior to that he was a decent skater. Lets hope he can turn things around, I have to wonder if Stan and JC think he is the right fit to pair with Joker?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They really have to think he can get back to where he was 2 years ago. At the dollar amount he makes and 3 more years, I don’t understand making that bet.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This trade just doesn't make much sense to me. Not sure what they like in Maatta.

Especially at $4M for the next 3 seasons.

Reactions: sugoi88

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am basing it on a few things, from what I have watched of him, he seemed like a bottom piriing no body and a couple article I read and what neutral fans are saying and what Pens fans are saying and what you guys are saying.
you should have started with that lol...all I am saying is that you bitch about us as a fanbase, don't just trust another fanbase on a player..the only time I 100% should have listened to a fanbase was the Flyers when they ALL came in here telling us SORRY when we signed Mandog.

Maata was a guy 3-4 years ago I thought was going to be a top pairing guy for a while..it just never happened and like others have said his foot speed just isn't up to snuff. If JC and crew think they can with this guy then so be it - I will support Maata right now, but you can't say I and others who have supported Bowman are not upset and bitching about this. I am not happy, but happy to be proven wrong.

I also think this signals Turcotte is our pick folks.

Reactions: Blackhawks

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This is a Peter Chiarelli trade. It's literally Manning for Caggiula, but we're on the wrong side.

If Maatta turns out to be that bad, this trade would be worse as Maatta is more expensive and has a longer contract.

I’m not going to rule this trade a bust until we actually see what Colliton has planned for Maatta

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Stop.

Maata is a two time cup champion who was a 22OA pick.

This is the NHL not the OHL.
Yeah riding on the coattails of the f***ing Penguins. Suit me up with Sidney Crosby and I'll win a bunch of cups too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad