Olli Juolevi makes his NHL debut

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I blame Linden. Keith used to face wash and punch Trevor in the head and was a dirty sob to him. safe to say Trevor hated him and that's why they didn't even interview Matthew. President Linden wasn't about to draft Keiths kid

And too bad that Chychrun played poorly in the 2nd half leading to the draft including a bad prospects game here while OJ was winning everything. It skewed his value and drove JC all the way back to 16 which ended as an amazing value pick by Arizona

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I blame Linden. Keith used to face wash and punch Trevor in the head and was a dirty sob to him. safe to say Trevor hated him and that's why they didn't even interview Matthew. President Linden wasn't about to draft Keiths kid

Keith and Trevor also fought quite heavily when they were both members of the NHLPA, and if I remember correctly Keith was very vocal against the deal the NHLPA signed under Linden during the lockout. I've also assumed that the reason they had no interest in Matthew was because of Keith and Trevor's feud. It makes no sense that they wouldn't even interview him otherwise.

If what Sean Avery said is true, then Keith would get drunk during the meetings and nearly get into physical fights.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

And too bad that Chychrun played poorly in the 2nd half leading to the draft including a bad prospects game here while OJ was winning everything. It skewed his value and drove JC all the way back to 16 which ended as an amazing value pick by Arizona

you have been saying this for years like it’s not something you just made up

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Guy can thank two generational teams he played with during his draft year. It was impossible to look bad on those teams.

I still maintain that he was one of Finland's best players in the WJCs, each time he went there.

He out performed Heiskanen in the 2016-17 WJCs. Small sample sizes, but still.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Honestly.

Even if he is cleared of all charges, he will never shake this stigma.

I think Jake has turned his final corner in the NHL.
Jake is going to be a hard sell. The PR baggage is not going to be worth it. Like his max potential is like 20G with everything going right and the downside is a lazy low effort player that floats around. Why would any team take such a gamble?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Jake is going to be a hard sell. The PR baggage is not going to be worth it. Like his max potential is like 20G with everything going right and the downside is a lazy low effort player that floats around. Why would any team take such a gamble?

Yep... The last hurrah of the Gillis built scouting staff picking him over the obvious William Nylander / Nikolaj Ehlers picks. :ha:

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Yep... The last hurrah of the Gillis built scouting staff picking him over the obvious William Nylander / Nikolaj Ehlers picks. :ha:
I personally don’t think that Gillis would have drafted him, I know rumours popped up at the time speculating who we would have picked, and we will never know. I do still think that it would have have been Jake.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Dont disagree that hes worse than Hughes and Rathbone, but that doesnt mean hes horrible. He could easily be a third pairing guy for this team.

That says as much about this team as it does the player. Neither of those things is particularly a compliment.

Reactions: Peter10

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The entry draft is enough to make the hardcore faithful break down and cry.....It's tough watching Nylander and Ehlers carry their teams on their backs so far in these playoffs while our guy in the 2014 draft, Jake Virtanen, is now a buyout candidate.

And in 2016, just about any other d-man picked in the top 15 would have have been a solid top-four contributor on the Canucks blueline long before now. And in case of Charlie McAvoy, potential Conn Smythe material. And of course it's been beaten to death that the next guy picked after Juolevi was Matthew Tkachuk.

But the lottery balls will drop once again next Wednesday....so I guess hope springs eternal.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If we have Hughes, Rathbone and Juolevi on the opening night roster, we are going to be competing for Shane.

I imagine Edler will be in that LH mix.

But if they are intending to get into the playoffs next year, I don't know if that'll cut it. You'll be again relying on Edler to be on the top shutdown pair and I don't know how much longer he can survive in that role.

In fact, if we're moving on from Schmidt, we'll need two new D-men that can play against top forwards.

If I were Edler, I sign in Tampa for 1M to play on their 3rd pair :D

Reactions: mathonwy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I imagine Edler will be in that LH mix.

But if they are intending to get into the playoffs next year, I don't know if that'll cut it. You'll be again relying on Edler to be on the top shutdown pair and I don't know how much longer he can survive in that role.

In fact, if we're moving on from Schmidt, we'll need two new D-men that can play against top forwards.

If I were Edler, I sign in Tampa for 1M to play on their 3rd pair :D
Where is this 'moving on from Schmidt' rumour coming from...?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I know it's pretty obvious what happened there.

hm, linden vs tkachuk —

in three playoffs series, 3-0 linden

in 20 games, 16 linden pts vs 11 by tkachuk

in the two game sevens, 4 pts linden, zero tkachuk

two 3-1 series leads blown by tkachuk’s teams

yeah linden holds a huuuuge grudge against big fat walt ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad