Olli Juolevi makes his NHL debut

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think Juolevi is a player that could somehow out produce offensively Dmen who you would expect to be better offensively. I honestly would like to see him be given greater opportunities but it doesn’t look like he will get it here.
Not sure I agree with this..I think the Canucks will exhaust every opportunity 'here' to get OJ up and running..This management drafted him with a very high pick, and I don't think they're going to give up, and cut him loose until they've given him a good long hard look (23 NHL games certainly isn't enough).
Apparently , he was hard hit by covid, and didnt have a good ending to the season..and he's had brutal injury luck.. knee ,back, and hip surgery..At the end of the day though, you're only a prospect for so long ..then you is, what you is.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I personally think Juolevi looked okay in his limited showing. I’d like to see more of him. But, we don’t really have room for more than 1 of Rathbone and Juolevi until an injury hits, and I could say the same thing about Rathbone.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know what it was about the top-end of that 2016 draft....the only guy cemented in place at the superstar level is Auston Matthews in TO.

As for the others, Patrik Laine got off to a sizzling start in Winnipeg and so did Pierre Luc Dubois in Columbuas.....but both had a serious falling-out with their respective organizations and ended up getting traded for each other. Jesse Puljujarvi had a major impasse in Edmonton and ended up signing back in Finland. He's back now, but not a guy you'd say is a superstar in the making.

It looks like Juolevi at #5 is busting hard....and even Matthew Tkachuk looks like he might be wearing out his welcome in Calgary, despite getting off to a great start to his career. He's now being mentioned in trade rumors.

It seems some of the d-men who went a lot later in the first round like Sergachev, McAvoy and Chychrun are looking like better bets over the long haul.

I suppose it gives you some hope for the 2021 draft, where the Canucks at #9 might do just as well as some of the teams at the top end. Looks like it did happen in 2016.

Reactions: lindgren

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I don't know what it was about the top-end of that 2016 draft....the only guy cemented in place at the superstar level is Auston Matthews in TO.

As for the others, Patrik Laine got off to a sizzling start in Winnipeg and so did Pierre Luc Dubois in Columbuas.....but both had a serious falling-out with their respective organizations and ended up getting traded for each other. Jesse Puljujarvi had a major impasse in Edmonton and ended up signing back in Finland. He's back now, but not a guy you'd say is a superstar in the making.

It looks like Juolevi at #5 is busting hard....and even Matthew Tkachuk looks like he might be wearing out his welcome in Calgary, despite getting off to a great start to his career. He's now being mentioned in trade rumors.

It seems some of the d-men who went a lot later in the first round like Sergachev, McAvoy and Chychrun are looking like better bets over the long haul.

I suppose it gives you some hope for the 2021 draft, where the Canucks at #9 might do just as well as some of the teams at the top end. Looks like it did happen in 2016.
Matthew Tkachuk is looking like a 'has been' but Juolevi is looking like a 'never was'.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00