Post-Game Talk: Olive Gardens defeats the Outback Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why? So he could sit in the press box until we maybe had an injury?

Yeah that's the other thing, who would he have bounced out of the lineup, Lovejoy? One of the pairings would have been pretty odd with four L's and four offensive d-men if he had played. Mueller was the suspect one going into camp but they have him on the first pairing and he's playing okay so far.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
This may be a dumb question, but there’s no way to bring him back right? Since we didn’t go the nine game route with him, it’s all or nothing correct?
As far as I know, he's stuck there till their season is over. Part of the agreement between the NHL and OHL.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They can’t efen announce anything until he gets X-rays and MRIs.

It could still be nothing, but they have to do their due dilligence to make sure nothing was broken or torn before saying anything.

Nah man, he's dead. My cousins, best friends, ex drug dealers, landlords, sister works at The Rock, he was in a black hefty bag under stale nacho chips and left over hot dogs.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Nah man, he's dead. My cousins, best friends, ex drug dealers, landlords, sister works at The Rock, he was in a black hefty bag under stale nacho chips and left over hot dogs.

that might be the most morbid thing ive ever seen here

Camille the Eel

Butcher’s shoulder will be sore for sure. If it’s just a bruise and not worse he’ll be back soon. Might as well not speculate. Vats will probably take 1st power play time, though, I would think.

The most impressive thing for me tonight - and really all year with the exception of the Sharks game for a period or two - was our play in our own end. We allowed very little, avoided the long periods of being hemmed in we saw last year so often, supported each other, either made clean exits or regained possession quickly. We didn’t just throw the puck futilely into center ice but developed plays that continued possession.

Our play in the neutral zone against a big, fast, skilled team was also very impressive.
Overall we controlled this game for the vast majority of the time.

While it’s so very early, you couldn’t ask for more. And what can you say about Kinkaid?

Reactions: billingtons ghost

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
what keith kinkaid is doing is probably the most clutch shit we’ve ever seen from a “backup,” definitely since hedberg’s best starts.

keith kinkaid was also *actually* good last season.

i know its four games but i’m sticking by all of it.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Our overall passing game and plays off the puck looks really improved this year, and I think that is playing a big part in this hot start.
That quote from the Capitals game about us playing like there are 7 players on the ice really is accurate this season. The fast/attacking/supportive system is just swarming all over the ice. We almost always overload the puck carrier to try and force turnovers, and when we do we make quick passes and transition to offense.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
it was boarder line for sure.

dunno why everyone is saying butcher put himself in a bad spot. he had a guy coming from behind and got plastered by the guy in his blind spot.

clean hit bad result... no ones fault. its still hockey.

Is a hit from your blind spot because you got past a defending player clean? I think the hit to the rear quarter panel should be called if the player goes down but maybe it is within the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad