Post-Game Talk: Olive Gardens defeats the Outback Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Locker room guys are important for cultjre. LJ, Lack, Stafford for example

Only in the short term. I’d like to think that the team will have good locker room guys that are also regular contributors. A guy like Lovejoy can at least play a bottom pair role. I don’t see Lack or STAFFORD as having any ability to play regularly at this point. I’d rather have better players in their spots.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
lock kinkaid up now, he's only going to get more expensive as the year goes on. it would also drive competition for the starting role if both goalies know they'll be here for multiple years. if kinkaid can't handle being a starter with a contract then hopefully cory can return to form or regain his role.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So... Quick question.

Wasn't the Butcher injury a textbook boarding? Player vulnerable a couple feet from the boards?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm also on board with the 'N's on Kinky being too low yet.

I still believe Cory is the better goaltender, but I'm glad Kinky has been playing well.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
So... Quick question.

Wasn't the Butcher injury a textbook boarding? Player vulnerable a couple feet from the boards?

it was boarder line for sure.

dunno why everyone is saying butcher put himself in a bad spot. he had a guy coming from behind and got plastered by the guy in his blind spot.

clean hit bad result... no ones fault. its still hockey.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Nubmer6

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The D gets a lot less mobile with Butcher out. You could very well have a Santini/Gryba Lovejoy line. With the guys we have you have to think Vats/Mueller and Greene/Severson our the top 4. Which just makes that 3rd pairing a couple of grenade handlers. They wont do it but i would almost rather they try and bring up Yakovlev who is more mobile and does have 5 assists in 4 games with Bing.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Devils are off tomorrow so we might not get a Butcher update until Thursday unless something is announced.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
lol I do wonder if Lou would have made a chance in Hynes' second year when they had that December of death.
So hard to tell...at no point did we ever have the need to hire a "rebuilding coach" under Lou. When it was obviously time he was fired.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The D gets a lot less mobile with Butcher out. You could very well have a Santini/Gryba Lovejoy line. With the guys we have you have to think Vats/Mueller and Greene/Severson our the top 4. Which just makes that 3rd pairing a couple of grenade handlers. They wont do it but i would almost rather they try and bring up Yakovlev who is more mobile and does have 5 assists in 4 games with Bing.

I just hate that the BETTER option is Santini/Lovejoy :P Or Yakolaiev/Lovejoy. I don't want to see Gryba anywhere near the lineup but have the feeling he'll get the first crack.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm beginning to regret the decision to send Smith back to the minors :/

Eh how were we supposed to know Butcher would get broken in Game 4? Although I suppose that's an argument for giving him the nine games, I'd rather do the best thing for his development long-term in any case. Very few 18-year olds can or should be playing in the NHL as a rookie. I'm not sure it helped Larsson in the long run.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I'm beginning to regret the decision to send Smith back to the minors :/
This may be a dumb question, but there’s no way to bring him back right? Since we didn’t go the nine game route with him, it’s all or nothing correct?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They can’t efen announce anything until he gets X-rays and MRIs.

It could still be nothing, but they have to do their due dilligence to make sure nothing was broken or torn before saying anything.

Reactions: Billdo

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Eh how were we supposed to know Butcher would get broken in Game 4? Although I suppose that's an argument for giving him the nine games, I'd rather do the best thing for his development long-term in any case. Very few 18-year olds can or should be playing in the NHL as a rookie. I'm not sure it helped Larsson in the long run.
No really. It was a joke... mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad