Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win An Afternoon Game 4-0 The End Is Nigh

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Was the perfect team game, everyone played well IMO.

That Currie goal was the most dominant offensive shift this season

Absolutely agree.

That shift was phenomenal. As good as it was for the Oilers it also really did underscore the uninspired play of the Blue jackets.
Still....full credit to the Oilers.
We are used to seeing that in reverse so it was a very nice change of pace.

Reactions: McBeastMode

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Absolutely agree.

That shift was phenomenal. As good as it was for the Oilers it also really did underscore the uninspired play of the Blue jackets.
Still....full credit to the Oilers.
We are used to seeing that in reverse so it was a very nice change of pace.

You know they only won because of my good luck charm GDT. ;)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I love how happy Kassian was after he got hit with the puck, got to bench, and Currie who got on for him scored.
It was great to finally see the same effort, this team showed during Connor's suspension, with McDavid in line up.

Oh, and for everyone wondering, there is only one way Rieder scores a goal this season. And that is the same way Oshie "scored" against the Islanders on Friday.

I really, really, really want to be wrong about this.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
5 pts back, and team is clicking...
tenor.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That Toronto game was more goaltending than anything. The first period was in the Oilers favor and than Kosko laid a brick during the 2nd and the teams effort level went way down. This is the first real stretch where we can see how good our d core is when healthy since the end of 16-17 because Klefbom is fully healthy and Sekera isn't being restricted by the brace and he looks more like the 16-17 version. Knock Nurse down the pecking order and if he's your 3rd/4th best defender than I think a team with Connor Mcdavid can make a dent especially with how dominant Drai has started to look on the back half of this season. Their work isn't being wasted by guys like Klefbom/Sekera like they were when both players were out and they both will score at a ridiculous rate to end the season imo.

This is the poster usually throwing shade on Drai anytime I tune into GDT's. With typically informed posts like "Damn Drai makes dumb plays"

Then the bolded which is classic faint praise. Also suggesting that DRai has only turned it on recently or something.

Through all of December, Jan, Feb, March these are Drais stats;

28G 28A 56pts 41gms

Plus he was over ppg in October and November. He's been owning hockey for around 6mths, maybe played subpar in 7 games to start season. But we hear Johnny lately posts like he's just turning it on..

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Was the perfect team game, everyone played well IMO.

That Currie goal was the most dominant offensive shift this season
A perfect team game would have seen something other than every goal running through McDavid/Drai.

It was a well played game defensively. Especially in the 2nd and 3rd. And McDavid and Drai were superhuman. Would be nice if one of the other lines could do something though. Still zero secondary production outside of those 2.

This type of game isn't sustainable on a night by night basis.

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
While the club HAS been better since all the D have been back theres some other stories as well. Its unmistakable the team has been much better with the addition of even a modicum of talent in Gagner and Currie. This gives us two sets of hands that are actually useful. Its probably an indictment on one of the forwards, Puljujarvii, that the team has never looked better than since he's been out of the lineup. He just kills so much possession and this becoming more apparent in his absence. We're a much stronger club on the puck without. Jesse. That's tough to swallow, but its the facts.

See, this is the exact thing I think of when culture, character, etc os brought up.
It's not necessarily the player or players that don't foster a good atmosphere. It's the detrimental keeping of players here when they shouldn't be, gifting ice time to a $6M non effective winger, and repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
Please use Currie in all situations and, if warranted, keep him here and have him compete for a spot next year. Same as Colby. Just don't throw extensions and contracts at these unproven players. Learn as an org to breed that competitive culture that they feel is missing.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Who was that hard working group who put in the effort? I didn't recognize them. Great Team win. Keep it rolling.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Who was that hard working group who put in the effort? I didn't recognize them. Great Team win. Keep it rolling.

It was McDrai all day. At least Kassian was game, looked very good. But we were running one line a lot, and they were in on EVERY goal. None of the other lines looked particularly good at all.

Hitch really shortened the bench again. Even Gagner, playing well lately, only got 9mins. Rattie got 6mins, , Brodz 10.

Heres something to think about. For some reason Drai got 23mins in a 4-0 game while a lot of players were getting rest. That's kind of silly.

Reactions: dustrock

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
You've stated "Damn Drai makes a lot of dumb plays" just recently and in a game in which he had 3 pts and the best Oiler in the game. The only time I ever notice you is some random comment about Drai during a game.

These are two of your recent gems regarding Drai;

"Drai is drunk"

"Drai sure makes bonehead plays"

Your posts are often knee jerks, one of the reasons most people completely ignore GDT's.

In anycase you missed the whole point of the reply. Drai has not just turned it on. It just apparently took you several months to even notice. You said he turned it on in "last half" He turned it on around 2 weeks into the season. Hasn't look back since.
giphy.gif

ps "Diluted" ?!?

*delete*

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad