Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win An Afternoon Game 4-0 The End Is Nigh

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Some people finding out about Replacement for the first time apparently.

Anyway, nice to see Drai bringing it particularly at his goal per game pace over the last month.

That's an insane scoring pace.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's top 2 in the entire league in scoring with only 20ish games to go. That's bonkers. I sure as hell didn't expect this production.

He's a point or two from being 4th in pts as well.

Heres a freakish thing. He caught Rantanen. Remember when that guy was at the top of the chart after his out of body start? Drai is that guy now. Only far better, and with far more GOALS!

Reactions: The Batman

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The Re-Tort after the game was kind of disappointing. He chose to "just move on, game tomorrow".

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Re-Tort after the game was kind of disappointing. He chose to "just move on, game tomorrow".

Wisdom being what it is its better for him to die on another hill. I don't buy that the Jackets were a no show in this game. That's not the look of it. Just that the Oilers topline when its McDrai run on a level of petrol that Agent Oranged any ability of the Jackets to deal with it. Most teams have somebody that they can throw out to try to neutralize, limit, or stymie our twin peaks. Jackets have absolutely no answer for it.

The Jackets only opportunity is to try to make a game of it when McDrai are not on the ice but they struggled with that. It was complete annhilation whenever McDrai were on the ice. Scary domination.

WE don't stack up well with a team like Toronto. but we can sure hang with the Jackets. They don't appear to like a big player game very much either. The Oilers physical intensity gave them all kinds of problems.

Reactions: BlackDogg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
One thing that I noticed tonight... McDavid was not hogtied nearly as much as he usually is away from the puck. Its nice.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Having other players contribute besides our top 3 players is just so key.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
He's a point or two from being 4th in pts as well.

Heres a freakish thing. He caught Rantanen. Remember when that guy was at the top of the chart after his out of body start? Drai is that guy now. Only far better, and with far more GOALS!

Rantanen and MacKinnon had an insanely hot start to the year. Just for fun I decided to compare the goals/points of their duo with ours:

October 2018
Rantanen 5G 21P
MacKinnon 9G 18P
McDavid 9G 18P
Draisaitl 7G 13P

November 2018
MacKinnon 9G 23P
Rantanen 5G 21P
McDavid 4G 16P
Draisaitl 6G 15P

December 2018
McDavid 8G 22P
Draisaitl 6G 19P
Rantanen 6G 18P
MacKinnon 5G 17P

January 2019
McDavid 8G 15P
Rantanen 6G 12P
Draisaitl 6G 12P
MacKinnon 3G 12P

February 2019
Draisaitl 12G 16P
McDavid 3G 13P
MacKinnon 6G 10P
Rantanen 4G 7P

Through the first 2 months of the season Rantanen had already racked up 42 points. Just ridiculous numbers. Meanwhile Draisaitl had a somewhat slow start in October, and is 14 points behind Rantanen.

December is fairly even across the board except for McDavid being McDavid of course. Production from Draisaitl and Rantanen is only separated by 1 point.

January is another December. Though this time Rantanen and Draisaitl mirror each other's numbers.

And here we are witnessing Draisaitl going supernova in February. Landing him right on Rantanen's doorstep. Rantanen's drop in production does help lol.

What's most impressive to me is Draisaitl transforming into a goal scoring machine even when the team was falling down the standings. Scoring 3 goals when McDavid was suspended to boot. Edit: meant 2 goals 1 assist here

I think he's going to pot 45-47 goals. I'm more than happy with 40.

Last edited:

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Draisaitl at 8.5M for the next 6 years

QONVIyz.gif

At 23. I REPEAT AT 23.

HE'S ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.

Look out NHL, here comes the McDrai show.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Rantanen and MacKinnon had an insanely hot start to the year. Just for fun I decided to compare the goals/points of their dual with ours:

October 2018
Rantanen 5G 21P
MacKinnon 9G 18P
McDavid 9G 18P
Draisaitl 7G 13P

November 2018
MacKinnon 9G 23P
Rantanen 5G 21P
McDavid 4G 16P
Draisaitl 6G 15P

December 2018
McDavid 8G 22P
Draisaitl 6G 19P
Rantanen 6G 18P
MacKinnon 5G 17P

January 2019
McDavid 8G 15P
Rantanen 6G 12P
Draisaitl 6G 12P
MacKinnon 3G 12P

February 2019
Draisaitl 12G 16P
McDavid 3G 13P
MacKinnon 6G 10P
Rantanen 4G 7P

Through the first 2 months of the season Rantanen had already racked up 42 points. Just ridiculous numbers. Meanwhile Draisaitl had a somewhat slow start in October, and is 14 points behind Rantanen.

December is fairly even across the board except for McDavid being McDavid of course. Production from Draisaitl and Rantanen is only separated by 1 point.

January is another December. Though this time Rantanen and Draisaitl mirror each other's numbers.

And here we are witnessing Draisaitl going supernova in February. Landing him right on Rantanen's doorstep. Rantanen's drop in production does help lol.

What's most impressive to me is Draisaitl transforming into a goal scoring machine even when the team was falling down the standings. Scoring 3 goals when McDavid was suspended to boot. Edit: meant 2 goals 1 assist here

I think he's going to pot 45-47 goals. I'm more than happy with 40.

I want 50.

Mainly because that would be wild and also that would convince any prospective GMs that although we have a lot of dead-weight we also have two league superstars to build around.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Couple things firstly if a MOD wants to do their job and give this guy an infraction for reading a post that was literally all praise for the Oilers and Draisaitl and turn around trying to instigate a fight. Secondly how diluted and insecure are you that you actually took a sentence of me stating he's really turning it on (Which he has he's scored like 14 goals in 17 games and has a 10 game pt streak) as some slight on the player like someone noticing that he is playing at a higher level at a different point in the year is somehow a bad thing.

Don't waste your breath. Guy was literally banned and created a new account and mods don't care.

Reactions: TB12

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You've stated "Damn Drai makes a lot of dumb plays" just recently and in a game in which he had 3 pts and the best Oiler in the game. The only time I ever notice you is some random comment about Drai during a game.

These are two of your recent gems regarding Drai;

"Drai is drunk"

"Drai sure makes bonehead plays"

Your posts are often knee jerks, one of the reasons most people completely ignore GDT's.

In anycase you missed the whole point of the reply. Drai has not just turned it on. It just apparently took you several months to even notice. You said he turned it on in "last half" He turned it on around 2 weeks into the season. Hasn't look back since.

ps "Diluted" ?!?

you're wrong, drai has just recently started to turn it up and look good. before he had too many moments where he looked poor and uninterested and just feeding off Connor's teat for the most part. but i admit, i caught parts of this game and he looked very good all over the ice for the most part. i'd say it was just recently he's consistently looked much better. stop getting fooled by points.

yes, the 8.5 mil looks good at this very point in time... if he can consistently play at this level.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad