Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 6-4

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
His +/- reflects the actual quality of his play, in this case. Tyutin is a fairly competent vet, Johnson is a spaz.

Maybe Tyutin is better at hopping of the ice after giveaways like Gagner did last night when he bailed on the play leading to an odd man rush and goal against?:sarcasm:

Koto

May 3, 2011
Eberle and RNH will be fine. I wish people would stop slagging on them because it's getting annoying. I know HFOil is a "what have you done for me lately" type of place, but Eberle really isn't having that bad of a season. RNH's numbers are down a bit, but I guarantee you his shoulder is bugging him and he'll get surgery done in the offseason.

What ever man. Eberle had 3 points and two beauty goals the game before last, Gagner did it last night! Therefore we can only conclude that Hemsky should be kept and Eberle traded:sarcasm::sarcasm:

are you guys even reading the posts about trading eberle, its not because we dont like him.

its because we recognize he HAS THE MOST VALUE.

Hemsky has been in the trade talks because of inconsistancy in play and injuries. The time to trade him is now when his value is perceived as being high. Don't wait for an Iginla type trade and get screwed.

so we can get futures package A instead of futures package B?

neither help us next year. so dont trade him.

Byakin1

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
I still can't get over that pass Yak made to Horcoff. That's a world class pass that not many players can make. For a pure goal scorer, Yak has made some dandy passes this season. He may not be racking up tons of points, but RK is trying to bring him up slowly and I don't mind it at all.

Conkanen*

are you guys even reading the posts about trading eberle, its not because we dont like him.

1. So if he has the most value wouldn't that make him our best player? You want to fix one hole (maybe) and create another hole?

2. It's way too early in this rebuild to panic and start trading any of the kids for #1 d-men(if that trade is even doable) especially when we have Klefbom and others in the pipeline.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

No, it's ridiculous to even think about trading Eberle regardless of value. Nobody would have uttered any word about trading him last season but all of a sudden, he has a rough patch this season and he's expendable all of a sudden? It's ridiculous. Never mind the fact that he was an Oiler fan growing up and by many accounts, absolutely loves playing here.
Yeah, lets trade that guy.

Also, the talk of him being a 60's point player consistently in his prime. He's having an off year this season i'm sure you would agree and he's still on pace for 60+ points over an 82 game season. I highly doubt that we see too many seasons like this when Eberle is fully matured. I see him as a 70-80 point player who comes up big when the games matter the most. I'd rather hold on to that guy.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I still can't get over that pass Yak made to Horcoff. That's a world class pass that not many players can make. For a pure goal scorer, Yak has made some dandy passes this season. He may not be racking up tons of points, but RK is trying to bring him up slowly and I don't mind it at all.

I'm jusat glad horcoff didn't miss the net. I like him as a player but he often misses chances like that.

Conkanen*

No, it's ridiculous to even think about trading Eberle regardless of value. Nobody would have uttered any word about trading him last season but all of a sudden, he has a rough patch this season and he's expendable all of a sudden? It's ridiculous. Never mind the fact that he was an Oiler fan growing up and by many accounts, absolutely loves playing here.

Also, the talk of him being a 60's point player consistently in his prime. He's having an off year this season i'm sure you would agree and he's still on pace for 60+ points over an 82 game season. I highly doubt that we see too many seasons like this when Eberle is fully matured. I see him as a 70-80 point player who comes up big when the games matter the most. I'd rather hold on to that guy.

Couldn't agree more. Forget PPG players. The 70 pt player is the new benchmark in today's NHL(21 players hit that mark last year) and we know he can do that. He may still prorate to that this year with a broken finger. But if 60 pts is his "off" year I'll take it.

Conkanen*

Amen Byakin. I had no idea he was this good of a passer. He is going to be special.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
We should trade Hopkins he must have insane trade value.:sarcasm:

Maybe we could get a solid #2/3 DMan for him.:laugh:

GA is not the problem, GF is. Solution trade your most productive offensive player since he joined the team:laugh::laugh::help:

PepsiFiend

Feb 19, 2009

GA is not the problem, GF is. Solution trade your most productive offensive player since he joined the team:laugh::laugh::help:

But is GF a problem because they have too few quality puck moving dmen? No way Hemsky should be traded at the deadline, you wont get anything but prospects and picks, better to trade him in the summer time and actually get a player back!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
nail yakupov is going to be a complete superstar in this league, the more passes he makes like last night the more dangerous he becomes as teams cant just play him for his shot. the way he moves and shoots and his compete level are going to make him comparable to Taylor hall in terms of the impact they have on a game. RNH and eberle are both fantastic players but i honestly feel like 3 years from now yak and hall will be a step above both of them.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
JJ is a complete mess. He is being babysat.

By Adrian Aucoin? Because that's who he played with last night...

Johnson isn't that good, granted, but claiming Tyutin is somehow this stalwart defensemen is highly inaccurate.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
But is GF a problem because they have too few quality puck moving dmen? No way Hemsky should be traded at the deadline, you wont get anything but prospects and picks, better to trade him in the summer time and actually get a player back!

GF is a problem because they dont have a single player in their bottom 6 who has a once of offensive ability. It is bad because they have too many like players in the top6 and are easy to defend. It is bad because they have to many forwards who dont come back like both Hemsky and Gagner did on the 2nd goal against last night and leave their Dmen to face odd man rushes.

If you wait until the offseason you are making three big assumptions.
1.That Hemsky wont get hurt
2.That he will have enough value to get a player back
3.That Tambellini will actually have the ability to make a hockey trade

Koto

May 3, 2011
1. So if he has the most value wouldn't that make him our best player? You want to fix one hole (maybe) and create another hole?

2. It's way too early in this rebuild to panic and start trading any of the kids for #1 d-men(if that trade is even doable) especially when we have Klefbom and others in the pipeline.

1. He is no tour best player, i was vague, what i meant was among RW. Hall is easily our best player, and because he is a center i think RNH is more important to keep as well

2. lol klefbom being our answer as a top pairing dman anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more. Forget PPG players. The 70 pt player is the new benchmark in today's NHL(21 players hit that mark last year) and we know he can do that. He may still prorate to that this year with a broken finger. But if 60 pts is his "off" year I'll take it.

what makes you think this is his off year? in case you didnt notice theres a reason for all the unsustainable jokes, we were warned last year had a very good chance to be one of his career years.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Johnson isn't that good, granted, but claiming Tyutin is somehow this stalwart defensemen is highly inaccurate.

Tyutin is a solid Dman. He would be our 2nd best defensive Dman if he was an Oiler.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Ironically, you want to run our leading scorer out of town.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Ironically, you want to run our leading scorer out of town.

do I? I want to build a team that is balanced and hard to play against. Gagner's trade value will never be higher. The pace he is performing at is unsustainable. His contract demands are going to be crazy high for a player who does not fit long term as a #2C. Move him to wing and get a #2C who can win a faceoff and play defense then. That also means that Hemsky will have to go. There is no situation where keeping Hemsky make sense for the club.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Never said he was stalwart, just a fairly competent vet. He plays stay-at-home, same as Aucoin, and babysits the offensively talented spazzes, either Johnson or Wisniewski. When it works, they are effective. When it breaks down and either Wiz or JJ start coughing up the puck under pressure or fall down while defending, they all stink.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
do I? I want to build a team that is balanced and hard to play against. Gagner's trade value will never be higher. The pace he is performing at is unsustainable. His contract demands are going to be crazy high for a player who does not fit long term as a #2C. Move him to wing and get a #2C who can win a faceoff and play defense then. That also means that Hemsky will have to go. There is no situation where keeping Hemsky make sense for the club.

You said problem is GF not GA. Trading Gagner will help this?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You said problem is GF not GA. Trading Gagner will help this?

A team that is better balanced and harder to defend will. Winning faceoffs and puck battles will. Maybe you should read my whole post

Move him to wing and get a #2C who can win a faceoff and play defense then.

You missed that part. We have too many forwards who dont come back hard into the defensive zone. Most often a good scoring chance happens after a good defensive play or turnover forced at your own blueline.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE

Nobody considers trading him last year because nobody expected the oilers would end up drafting Yakupov. Most of us thought we would get Murray second overall, meaning our RW depth would have been Eberle and Hemsky. Now, one of them probably should be moved so the team can fill holes in a position of weakness. Hemsky has more value to the tema than he does in a trade, Yakupov is the best of the three so Eberle makes the most sense. No one is trying to throw him away, it's just smart asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad