Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 4-3 ... Arcobello for MVP

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Yay, we won. Arco deserves this. Works so damn hard. Even if he misses a lot, at least that means that he's in the areas he should be in, right?

And I'm still waiting to hear from DisgruntledGoat about those ovenbaked hot dogs...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I do not understand that first PP unit during OT. There is no one in front of the net and players in all 4 corners. What were they expecting to accomplish with that....

And zero players who can put any velocity on the puck.

No pressure from the point makes a power play kind of easy to defend against.. Look out, Sam Gagner is winding up from the blue line.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We are the Toilet Bowl Champions. Mark Arcobello wins the Lars Eller Trophy for MVP. Good effort Florida, you were a worthy adversary. We'll see you at the draft table.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
And zero players who can put any velocity on the puck.

No pressure from the point makes a power play kind of easy to defend against..

The only person who can actually shoot the puck got basically no PP time. That being Yakupov, of course.

I DON'T GET IT.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Like everyone else here, not much optimism from me. If a 3-1 lead isn't safe against the Panthers then I don't know what to say.

Thanks for the win though Arcobello, RNH, Fedun, Larsen.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
How many times did Eberle miss again? Or Nuge? Just saying. Half a dozen players could of "put it away".

It's a team problem so it's on them too.

I'm singling out Arcobello since this is I think the 3rd occurence where he blew what should have been an easy put away goal after which the other team ends up coming back.

I can't remember which games they were but I believe they were the Phoenix and Toronto games.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Hard to feel good about that one.

Pretty much this. Hard to feel good about a game like that, against a team like FLA. Same bad habits, Smyth can't skate and it costs us in the defensive zone, and they still give up the lead in the last minte for what? The fourth time this year? I've lost count on that one.

Good night of first goals. Fun to watch, but they need to stop playing AHL quality hockey.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yup.

We now know where arco needs to go to be successful.

Attachments

• ArcosOffice.png
    ArcosOffice.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 48

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
In the second we should have had two more on the PP's.

I don't know how bad Florida is but like I say, right now there are no easy games for us. I actually didn't see the OT, my PVR quite just as Upshall took the penalty.

If it had to click, I guess that'd be the time.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
What a ****ing ****** team. Don't even care that they won. They blew a 2 goal lead half way through the 3rd to a bad team...after losing BADLY in the 3 previous games (they deserved to get killed vs. LA).

They won, but they didn't deserve it, by the sounds and looks of things. Not watching the next game either. They still haven't shown that they deserve my time.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Nah. Hemsky hate prevails, even when Eberle ***** the bed.

Anyways, Yakupov deserved to ride the pine.

Not sure if you've noticed but there is way more Eberle hate right now than Hemsky. It's ok though, I'm sure Gagner will end up stealing back the whipping boy title.

TheWarriorSwe

Sep 14, 2013
Stavanger
Man am so ****ing pissed. Had 100$ on oilers tonight, i actually thought they would have a discent effort today and florida sucks...

How can you have RNH on the ****ng pp, the litle kid cant hit the puck and end the game 3times on the same pp.
Not to mention the other 90 times they should have burried this game in the second and third but didnt even manage to hit the ****ing goal.

Why not pull Dubbie at the end of the game and put Hemsky, ronald mcdonald or even a bag off pucks in the net.

Cant catch a ****ing slow ass shoot free sight with one minute left.
Thanks the biggest joke of a hockey club EVER.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Eberle sewered Hemsky by just blindly throwing a pass to no-mans land right in front of our net.

It was a bad play by Eberle, but Hemsky had full control of the puck, even had time to look up to see where he was going.

He still passed it directly into the opposing player.

If you can't see how bad that play was on Hemsky's part, you are just displaying the same bias you are accusing others of, just in favor of Hemsky instead of against him.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
It's a team problem so it's on them too.

I'm singling out Arcobello since this is I think the 3rd occurence where he blew what should have been an easy put away goal after which the other team ends up coming back.

I can't remember which games they were but I believe they were the Phoenix and Toronto games.

Teams have been coming back against this sad sack team since forever.

oilman9482

Jun 21, 2010
Ontario
Nice to get a win but I don't think this effort would have cut it against a good NHL team.
Still it is nice to get 2 points.
Hall and Perron should be back soon which also gives me some hope for this team. Maybe a 5 game win streak is on the horizon?? Is that too much to ask for.

Also- Did anyone notice the sportsnet telecast skipping constantly...? it was hard on the eyes. I think they are doing something whacky with the colouring as well.

ithxan

Dec 21, 2010
Pretty much.

I know you shouldn't critique a win...

But Florida is one of maybe 2 teams in the league worse than Edmonton. 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd. And you manage to have the game tied up.

Frustrating to see.

That being said, good to see Arco get his first 2 of the year, both very good shots.

And amazing for Fedun. If there is anything positive to take from the game tonight it is his story.

Undrafted local kid scores a goal in his first NHL game? Thats good stuff. All the stuff he went through with that leg. It's impressive.

Well said re: Fedun

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Didn't think there was a team worse than the Oilers in the NHL.

Turns out there is one.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Arco, Nuge, Fedun, Gordon looked good tonight.

Yak didn't deserve to get benched.

Eberle and Gagner were off tonight.

Classic Dubnyk almost blowing it for the Oilers he has got to be the worst goalie in NHL history in last 5 min of game, I think while rest of team practices he should meet with a psychologist and work on his focus and nerves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad