Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 4-3 ... Arcobello for MVP

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
I woudl have to say Larsen and Fedun looked extremely good.

Might open the door to get rid of some junk. Nick Schultz anyone?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
honestly though

good on the rookies for getting their goals and playing solid...
**** pretty much everyone else.

Ebs used to be my favourite player but I like Yakupovs play much more. His plays on the puck are lightspeed...he isnt really creating offense like Ebs would but his ****ups seem much less moronic to me....while Ebs is pretty much playing like Omark right now...weird no look passes and dangling into nowhere...he really isnt playing a smart game which was his strong suit...or so I thought.

Larsen plays with more energy than J-Schultz and looks like he can play defense at some level...

Ride Dubnyk to Ekblad and than waive bye bye

Justin Schultz + Jordan Eberle package is my flavour of the week.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Teams have been coming back against this sad sack team since forever.

And a big part of that is because we aren't able to put a team away and leave them in a position to come back like we did yet again tonight.

That was my point in the first place.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I swear if Yakupov was Canadian he would never be benched by Eakins.

Also said it before and i will say it again Devan Dubnyk is the worst starting goalie in the league.

Ukgoalie

Aug 25, 2013
I am starting to think, that with some size on the wings, arco may be a good fit in the 2c.

Gagner and potter for Wilson and orlov ?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Oh and also not surprising that Scottie ****ing Upshall would score against us twice. I remember him killing us when he played for NSH, CBJ and PHX...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The only person who can actually shoot the puck got basically no PP time. That being Yakupov, of course.

I DON'T GET IT.

They've decided that trying to pass the puck into the net has been working well so far, so only setup guys get to play on the PP.

Hey Nuge, nice assists. Now go take some one timers.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
A tough game to take positives from, but a win is a win.

Happy to see guys like Arco, Larsen and Fedun score. I thought RNH had a decent game, as well.

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
Yay, a win?

But seriously, not a good game, and LOL at us letting them tie it up.
I knew as soon as they scored to make it 3-2 that if we didn't score again we'd not win in regulation since this team cannot hold a lead if their lives depended on it.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Both teams struggled to hold onto the puck. Almost cryonclophobic. The only time I saw the Oilers hold the puck was when they didn't have possession of the puck. They really need to work on that.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Surely the Oilers must have the record for most goals given up in the last minute of the game.

Florida is a terrible team with no fans & the Oilers can't hold on to a 3-1 lead in the third.

So yeah, my prediction from earlier holds true.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
What they need is some damn confidence and a coach that is going to drop this *** swarm thing and play some sound defensive hockey.

He has them running all over, I get dizzy from watching them run around the ice.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
honestly though

good on the rookies for getting their goals and playing solid...
**** pretty much everyone else.

Ebs used to be my favourite player but I like Yakupovs play much more. His plays on the puck are lightspeed...he isnt really creating offense like Ebs would but his ****ups seem much less moronic to me....while Ebs is pretty much playing like Omark right now...weird no look passes and dangling into nowhere...he really isnt playing a smart game which was his strong suit...or so I thought.

Larsen plays with more energy than J-Schultz and looks like he can play defense at some level...

Ride Dubnyk to Ekblad and than waive bye bye

Justin Schultz + Jordan Eberle package is my flavour of the week.

Just put of curiosity, why are you ready to jettison Schultz but are willing to ride out Yakupovs ineptitude? Neither have 70 games of NHL experience.

I don't have a clue what's going on with Eberle either but to say you like Yaks play much more is a little confusing.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
And a big part of that is because we aren't able to put a team away and leave them in a position to come back like we did yet again tonight.

That was my point in the first place.

When Arco missed that shot on the 2 on 1, I knew we were in for some **** like against Toronto.

Our forwards are atrocious at anything resembling a checking role. The defense has been pretty good. I liked everything I saw from Larsen and Fedun and have no problems with them both in the line up regularly.

Jul 19, 2012
I fell asleep on the couch and it's ---- 5-1 Minnesota! WTF. I missed the entire 3rd period!!!!!

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It's time to make a trade before we start another 5 game losing streak
I say dangle Yak/Eberle, Gagner, and J.Schultz as trade bait

Heck i'd do Yakupov + J.Schultz + Gagner for McDonagh and Lundqvist (agrees to sign)

Hall/RNH/Hemsky
Perron/Arco/Eberle
Joenssu/Gordon/Jones
Gazdic/Acton/Eager

Smid/McDonagh
Ference/Petry
Larsen/N.Schultz
Belov/Fedun

Lundqvist
Bachman

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I think it's safe to say that it's a matter of when, not if, Yakupov gets traded at this point.

It's obvious that this team views him as the red headed stepchild of the 'kids', and are simply waiting for the right deal to move him along. I'll bet Larionov will have a lot to divulge once his client's an ex-Oiler.

And this isn't meant to exonerate Yak's poor play, certainly in part he's earned the pine he rides...but it sure seems like he gets judged on a different set of rules than nearly everyone else.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Do you guys really think getting rid of such young players is a good idea?

Unless the trade is in our favour, you don't give these guys away. I'd offer up this year's draft pick though.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Arco, Nuge, Fedun, Gordon looked good tonight.

Yak didn't deserve to get benched.

Eberle and Gagner were off tonight.

Classic Dubnyk almost blowing it for the Oilers he has got to be the worst goalie in NHL history in last 5 min of game, I think while rest of team practices he should meet with a psychologist and work on his focus and nerves.

If anything, Dubs is too normal to be a goalie. 95% of good goalies are headcases. Look at Patrick Roy.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Oh and also not surprising that Scottie ****ing Upshall would score against us twice. I remember him killing us when he played for NSH, CBJ and PHX...

Isn't he from Edmonton? He's always noticeable when he plays the Oilers. Probably why fans still toss his name out there in trade proposals, except it seems he's half the player when he ISN'T playing against us.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Arco, Nuge, Fedun, Gordon looked good tonight.

Yak didn't deserve to get benched.

Eberle and Gagner were off tonight.

Classic Dubnyk almost blowing it for the Oilers he has got to be the worst goalie in NHL history in last 5 min of game, I think while rest of team practices he should meet with a psychologist and work on his focus and nerves.

Thought Larsen and Smyth were good tonight as well. Petry and Smid not bad as well.

Dubnyk is just not a starter in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad