Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 4-3 ... Arcobello for MVP

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
This is the game, folks! This is the game that will turn this season around!!!!! I feel it! Here comes the Oilers!

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Good for Arco getting that winner in overtime though he was once again a big reason we're in that position in the first place.

Up 3-1 and with a clear shot in the slot he misses the net. We've all seen it before and knew that Florida would tie it up. The lack of killer instinct is high up on this team's very long list of problems.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This was all RNH, Arco, and Larsen
The other guys didn't show up
But i'll take the W haha

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hard to feel good about that one.

Pretty much.

I know you shouldn't critique a win...

But Florida is one of maybe 2 teams in the league worse than Edmonton. 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd. And you manage to have the game tied up.

Frustrating to see.

That being said, good to see Arco get his first 2 of the year, both very good shots.

And amazing for Fedun. If there is anything positive to take from the game tonight it is his story.

Undrafted local kid scores a goal in his first NHL game? Thats good stuff. All the stuff he went through with that leg. It's impressive.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
A game with no winner if there ever was one.

Oilers win the game, but lose the toilet bowl by the slimmest of margins.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
don't care that we won...still mad we blew a 3-1 to the awful Panthers

I know this was the Toilet Bowl game of the year but that was some awful display of NHL hockey out there tonight...no wonder they only draw 6,000 people a game

lol @ Dubnyk un-clutching up

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
same I cant even take this win as a hope for anything right now. they will almost blew it. sigh..... I am barely paying attention to this team now. it gets old seeing them lose every year especially when they were supposed to be at least a playoff team this year

Pretty much. But, oh well, a win is a win. Maybe it will jump start the confidence and.....Ah screw the positive junk. This team will probably be even worse and get smoked next game.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Good for Arco getting that winner in overtime though he was once again a big reason we're in that position in the first place.

Up 3-1 and with a clear shot in the slot he misses the net. We've all seen it before and knew that Florida would tie it up. The lack of killer instinct is high up on this team's very long list of problems.

How many times did Eberle miss again? Or Nuge? Just saying. Half a dozen players could of "put it away".

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I do not understand that first PP unit during OT. There is no one in front of the net and players in all 4 corners. What were they expecting to accomplish with that....

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kevin Lowe is petitioning the league office to allow the Oilers to play versus Florida for the rest of the season. Figures they can possibly finish .500 this way.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Who would have thought that an AHL player could score on an AHL goalie.

Bump Arco up to the first line every time a team starts their backup.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Poor Yak got sat for the rest of the game including OT
yet Hemsky turned a fat one over for the 3-2 goal.

Eberle sewered Hemsky by just blindly throwing a pass to no-mans land right in front of our net.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Jeepers you guys, we won a game.

There really isn't an easy team for us at the moment. If you took alot of other teams top players out as much as we have, they might be in the same boat.

Take what you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad