Oilers win 4-1

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't know. I guess I just don't agree with his mentality.

If a coach of mine said, "Come on, guys! Let's try to be the 10th worst(thank you ;)) team in the league!", I'd probably laugh in his face.

In my opinion, the only thing you should be playing for is pride at this point. Not some imaginary goal.

Positivity thinking is chock full of visualized and stated objectives. Its goal directed and goal driven. No surprise that this type of thing would be stated.

Trouble is for an audience of pro players that have heard this type of thing for years it largely doesn't work. If the results don't occur its time to trade up some of the approach.

If Krueger has any big fault its his tendency to think that his positivity guru chant is the best mousetrap in the game. Reality is its all around and everybody has seen it before. Krueger is naive to think that anything he's telling the players hasn't been said better before.

The reality here is Krueger is a good guy, smart man, but hopelessly lacking in requisite skill and experience to be an NHL headcoach.

But he only ever had to be good enough to convince dimbulbs like Tambo and Klowe.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
After Hemsky and Gagner, he's next. Good offensive nights can hide his poor defensive play, but it doesn't mean it's not still there. Especially considering how much it cost us this season.

After Hemsky and Gagner there is zero reason to trade anyone out of the top 6.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
After Hemsky and Gagner there is zero reason to trade anyone out of the top 6.

Why? Those two likely won't net us a return that we really need, and Eberle is so overvalued after becoming a "star" with those 76 points last season around the league he probably could. The way fans of this team overrate Eberle after last season is disgustig.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
this

****, I'm not even watching the games anymore which rarely occurs with me. I imagine the current Oiler ratings are extremely poor. Theres just no reason, none, to continue to watch another futile wind down to another futile season where half the players in the lineup don't care.

Went to Cowboy Junkies last night, saw a great performance. Better still I got to miss the hockey game.

What an epic battle. Oilers vs Av's Two worst teams in the WC slugging it out.

****, vote for relegation. :laugh:

the Cowboy Junkies were here last night? I didn't know, and I wish I knew.
Think I had seen them 5 or 6 times over the years. would have loved to see them again. (going back to the days when they played the dinwoodie lounge at the U of A.)
bummer i missed it.
:(

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Why? Those two likely won't net us a return that we really need, and Eberle is so overvalued after becoming a "star" with those 76 points last season around the league he probably could. The way fans of this team overrate Eberle after last season is disgustig.

Trading away the teams best player from the last two seasons afer a rough stretch will not help the team. Keeping two redundant players who bleed goals against like Gagner and Hemsky will not help the team.

Stating that Gagner and Hemsky have little value is not a ringing endorsement to keep them. They have even less value to the Oilers where their strengths are redundant and their weaknesses are badly exposed and neither player has improved their weaknesses since they joined the team.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
this

****, I'm not even watching the games anymore which rarely occurs with me. I imagine the current Oiler ratings are extremely poor. Theres just no reason, none, to continue to watch another futile wind down to another futile season where half the players in the lineup don't care.

Went to Cowboy Junkies last night, saw a great performance. Better still I got to miss the hockey game.

What an epic battle. Oilers vs Av's Two worst teams in the WC slugging it out.

****, vote for relegation. :laugh:
Going to the CJ show tonight, hope it's good.:yo:

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
the Cowboy Junkies were here last night? I didn't know, and I wish I knew.
Think I had seen them 5 or 6 times over the years. would have loved to see them again. (going back to the days when they played the dinwoodie lounge at the U of A.)
bummer i missed it.
:(
At the Arlen in St. Albert tonight as well.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Well the good news is that HF Oil has found a new whipping boy for the next 6 years...congrats Ebs!

My how quickly we turn on our own....and once we do, it's forever. No amount of points or solid play will ever turn it around. All you gotta do is have a mediocre half season and your future is set.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well the good news is that HF Oil has found a new whipping boy for the next 6 years...congrats Ebs!

My how quickly we turn on our own....and once we do, it's forever. No amount of points or solid play will ever turn it around. All you gotta do is have a mediocre half season and your future is set.

But on the flip side he could have 5 straight mediocre seasons, and all it will take is a good 20-30 game stretch for him to be a golden boy again.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Eberle is not part of the problem but actually part of the solution going forward. I cant believe some hockey fans lol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Eberle is not part of the problem but actually part of the solution going forward. I cant believe some hockey fans lol

yeah some people are crazy, no other way to put it.... "one trick pony", lol... well if that one trick is to pot 30 goals/season, it's a pretty darn valuable pony... ridiculous comments regarding eberle

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
While I don't expect Krueger to come out and say "yea we're going to tank **** it"

I don't think he should be making comments about placing 21st. All you have to say is that we're not going to give up and that we'll continue to play like we're in the playoff picture.

Making 21st a goal when not longer than 2 weeks ago you were talking about meaningful games in April is a complete joke.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
We're going to have too much salary going forward and too many needs to address.So for the Oilers, Eberle or Yakupov will have to be traded.

I'm hoping that it will be Eberle.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
While I don't expect Krueger to come out and say "yea we're going to tank **** it"

I don't think he should be making comments about placing 21st. All you have to say is that we're not going to give up and that we'll continue to play like we're in the playoff picture.

Making 21st a goal when not longer than 2 weeks ago you were talking about meaningful games in April is a complete joke.
It's Krueger's MO. He's all about setting goals... it doesn't matter how low the bar is... in his mind you still need a specific goal to strive for.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
He's a solution in the sense that he's going to land us missing parts that we will need to become a true contender going forward.

Bet? Hes one of the untouchables on this team. They have to get rid of alot of other players before this guy, ex gagner, hemsky, horcoff

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
I'm fine with losing Eberle if that gets us a #1 defenseman.
And i mean #1, not potentially #1 or possibly #1.

I'd rather see Hemsky bundled with someone, but i don't see that getting us a #1 D back unless we give up a lot more than just Hemsky...

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
some quick math. if its wrong, my bad:

Eberle has 10 games with points against "current playoff teams" and 11 games with points against "current non-playoff teams". the rest of the games he put up a goose egg.

by rough count, 22 games of the 43 games have been against current playoff teams (this could fluctuate, obviously).

45% of the time he's put up at least a point against current playoff caliber teams.(10 / 22)
52% of the time he's put up at least a point against current non-playoff caliber teams (11 / 21)

48% of all games he puts up a point

(this is written like an SAT question)

this doesnt tell all about his overall game, of course.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Bet? Hes one of the untouchables on this team. They have to get rid of alot of other players before this guy, ex gagner, hemsky, horcoff

I'm not going to bet on it that he's an untouchable.I just think going forward that he will have to be moved to address our big needs,because going forward I don't think we've going to right core that will bring us a Stanley Cup.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
We're going to have too much salary going forward and too many needs to address.So for the Oilers, Eberle or Yakupov will have to be traded.

I'm hoping that it will be Eberle.

You dont think the cap with be up to 70 million or more by the start of 2014? Every report I have read tells me it could be upwards of 75 million by than.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
some quick math. if its wrong, my bad:

Eberle has 10 games with points against "current playoff teams" and 11 games with points against "current non-playoff teams". the rest of the games he put up a goose egg.

by rough count, 22 games of the 43 games have been against current playoff teams (this could fluctuate, obviously).

45% of the time he's put up at least a point against current playoff caliber teams.(10 / 22)
52% of the time he's put up at least a point against current non-playoff caliber teams (11 / 21)

48% of all games he puts up a point

(this is written like an SAT question)

this doesnt tell all about his overall game, of course.

I like the numbers but what exactly is your analysis trying to say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad