Oilers win 4-1

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 14m
"We don't want to be in the top 5 and drop into the lottery. We want to move up. I've set a goal to try and get us to 21st." Ralph Krueger

Why would that be a goal?

Your GM was just fired and his replacement basically said this team sucks.

A couple of wins aren't going to help the loser mentality.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
"We don't want to be in the top 5 and drop into the lottery. We want to move up. I've set a goal to try and get us to 21st." Ralph Krueger

:shakehead I'm sorry Krueger but the goal going into a season should be making the playoffs to challenge for a Stanley cup not competing for 21st place.

Sloth Slothersons*

Are you guys kidding me? What coach wants to lose? What coach is going to publicly say "oh yeah disappointing win tonight we were hoping to work our way into the bottom 5." Winning should always be a goal.

I somewhat agree with you guys wanting to lose and try and snag Barkov, but no matter how imcompetent he may be, this is an NHL coach we're talking about. His job is to win.

Also, I'm sure his goal was the playoffs when the season started. Now we're out so do you expect him to say "well, fat chance we're making the playoffs this team blows, we're going to go out there and lose."

Jeez, I rag on Kreuger as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
But I want Barkov :p:

Good game by Eberle and Hall. I missed the last half of the game. Did Halls injury look bad?

We're still most likely going to get Barkov whether Krueger is willing to accept it or not.

DucksOilers
DucksOilers
BlackhawksOilers
OilersWild
CanucksOilers

We're probably going to lose the rest of our games.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Where is all the "trade Eberle" posters? :shakehead

This guy better not be going anywhere with the new regime at the helm

Or should I say old regime LOL

Right here. He's a great player. Nobody is denying that. We have greater needs and he can help us get them. It's games like these where he proves he's worth a top D man.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

Krueger sweating bullets right about now. Probably thinkin if they tank it he will be getting his pink slip.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Are you guys kidding me? What coach wants to lose? What coach is going to publicly say "oh yeah disappointing win tonight we were hoping to work our way into the bottom 5." Winning should always be a goal.

I somewhat agree with you guys wanting to lose and try and snag Barkov, but no matter how imcompetent he may be, this is an NHL coach we're talking about. His job is to win.

Also, I'm sure his goal was the playoffs when the season started. Now we're out so do you expect him to say "well, fat chance we're making the playoffs this team blows, we're going to go out there and lose."

Jeez, I rag on Kreuger as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous.

It's not about wanting to lose. It's about setting a goal for 21st place.

I could understand saying you want the team to keep playing hard and fight until the end.

But, now the motivational speaker has set it up so the team can celebrate because of hitting their illustrious goal of 9th worst team in the league.

To me, it just screams being content with being ****.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Right here. He's a great player. Nobody is denying that. We have greater needs and he can help us get them. It's games like these where he proves he's worth a top D man.

Unless that defenseman is an OEL or a Pietrangelo, we're better off keeping Eberle.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
We're still most likely going to get Barkov whether Krueger is willing to accept it or not.

DucksOilers
DucksOilers
BlackhawksOilers
OilersWild
CanucksOilers

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. That's one tough schedule I guess we should have an advantage being at home most of the games but we play like **** at Rexall....

Sloth Slothersons*

It's not about wanting to lose. It's about setting a goal for 21st place.

I could understand saying you want the team to keep playing hard and fight until the end.

But, now the motivational speaker has set it up so the team can celebrate because of hitting their illustrious goal of 9th worst team in the league.

To me, it just screams being content with being ****.

I guess you could see it that way, and maybe that's what Kreuger means. I just thought that although he is disappointed by missing the playoffs, he is setting a realistic goal for the team so they have something to strive for and can carry it on to next season.

And 21st would be 10th worst team in the league ;)

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton

DucksOilers
DucksOilers
BlackhawksOilers
OilersWild
CanucksOilers

Lol i didn't realize our schedule was that bad
We actually might lose the rest of our games

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Krueger has to say these things, we're talking about the team that has picked 1st overall the past three years. It would not surprise me if management wanted to finish top 5.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I guess you could see it that way, and maybe that's what Kreuger means. I just thought that although he is disappointed by missing the playoffs, he is setting a realistic goal for the team so they have something to strive for and can carry it on to next season.

And 21st would be 10th worst team in the league ;)

I don't know. I guess I just don't agree with his mentality.

If a coach of mine said, "Come on, guys! Let's try to be the 10th worst(thank you ;)) team in the league!", I'd probably laugh in his face.

In my opinion, the only thing you should be playing for is pride at this point. Not some imaginary goal.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Where is all the "trade Eberle" posters? :shakehead

This guy better not be going anywhere with the new regime at the helm

Or should I say old regime LOL

Right here on the Eberle trade front. I think he's as good as he will get and would like to maximize his return. I don't think he will be traded or any of the top 4 will be traded but would even trade him for Bogosian straight up.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't know. I guess I just don't agree with his mentality.

If a coach of mine said, "Come on, guys! Let's try to be the 10th worst(thank you ;)) team in the league!", I'd probably laugh in his face.

In my opinion, the only thing you should be playing for is pride at this point. Not some imaginary goal.

Yea, should have just said were going to play hard and try to win out the season. I guess it's good to have realistic goals for the team to strive for. Probably his motivational speaker side coming out.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

Maybe :freddie: is feeling worried about his own job these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad