Post-Game Talk: Oilers to the WCF!

MVP of the series?

• Total voters

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Tkachuk can't help himself from saying stupid shit in the media that he can't back up on the ice. Last season before a HNIC game against the Oilers, he declared that the Flames' season was going to turn around, and he was gonna be the one to do it. Then the game happened, and the Oilers pasted them 7-1.
Some of that stuff reminds me a bit of Sean Avery stuff. Like chirping and trying to get under people's skin but if toned out it seemed to really undermine his effectiveness.

First and foremost you gotta be contributing.

Like I said earlier I'm a basketball guy, and someone like Larry Bird was notorious for his trash talk. But he was also gonna drop 25 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, while shooting lights out from everywhere. It just makes you look silly if you aren't backing it up on the floor/field/ice.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Coleman even said himself he extended his leg to redirect it into the net. In other words, he kicked it into the net. Bieksa had the right take on it last night. NO GOAL!

Ya he literally said he thought you can push it into the net as long as your skate doesn’t come up. He meant to do exactly what he did. He just doesn’t know the freaking rules well enough to know that what he did violates them (and to be fair he admitted that he maybe doesn’t understand the rule)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
97 does need to get back to his usual ways on the PP. They were 1-15 on the PP through game 4, and one of the reasons was 97 was looking for Draisaitl too much, and it become telegraphed.

They could have had an extra 3-4 goals if they got back to the usual good PP
In the last game they started playing RNH on the right half wall instead of McD. I think they feel RNH can snipe more easily on his off wing if that opportunity comes.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
With Gaudreau, feels like they're in a no-win situation.
You lose him and there goes the best offensive player on the team and your playoff outlook next year looks worse.
You keep him and you have to pay him too much money for too long as he exits his prime years, and you have to lose other players just to do so.

I don't see a way that Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Mangiapane can all be Flames next season.
Quite right:

The move that really hurt their chances of signing their star free agents was when the Flames signed Coleman to that ridiculous long term deal.

30 years of age- best season was 36 points --and he has 5 years left on a deal that pays him 4.9M per season? Say what??? What were they thinking?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Quite right:

The move that really hurt their chances of signing their star free agents was when the Flames signed Coleman to that ridiculous long term deal.

30 years of age- best season was 36 points --and he has 5 years left on a deal that pays him 4.9M per season? Say what??? What were they thinking?
Also, having Lucic on their cap next season with no benefit to buy him out.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Ya he literally said he thought you can push it into the net as long as your skate doesn’t come up. He meant to do exactly what he did. He just doesn’t know the freaking rules well enough to know that what he did violates them (and to be fair he admitted that he maybe doesn’t understand the rule)

Someone needs to show Elliot Freidman that interview because he was convinced Coleman was bracing himself after his right leg made contact with the goalies pad and Ceci pressured him.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
SilverUnlawfulCalf-max-1mb.gif

Reading CP has been so much fun. Morons there think the league only let the Oilers won because of an apparent conspiracy of betting LMAOOOOO. Perhaps it's the fact that their goalie played like garbage and their top players couldn't do jack shit. Thank you Tkachuk and Andersson for yapping on the Oilers being a 'One player' team, as I'm 100% sure the Oilers used that as motivation. Maybe Andersson will finally shut the f*** up for once.

Also LOL at Lucic having less point than Mike Smith. Such a cancerous lazy f***ing pylon he is. Gonna head down to Calgary again tomorrow, and you guys can bet I'm wearing my Oilers jersey in public.
f*** the flames.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Quite right:

He looked pretty good to me. Might be a different story in 4 years.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Classic sportsnet hey? Lets pick the biggest flame weenie we have for a BOA playoff game.
The oddest thing … I was perusing a certain flame website, as you do after a game like that, and one poster actually called him ‘Kelly Oil Lover Hrudey’. And that post got likes - pardon me, ‘appreciations’ as they call them on their little hillbilly site.

Who in their right f***ing mind could watch five minutes of Hrudey on TV and fail to realize that he is the most shameless flame homer there is? He’s so bad I had to go to TNT and ESPN to avoid his commentary and Singh’s lousy play by play.

Killer Z

Aug 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB
There’s a lot of hate on this forum towards Lucic, which I do not understand. Yes he did not live up to our expectations, but why all the hate? He’s also not even an Oiler anymore but still appears to upset our fan base for his continued poor play.

I believe the guy has Scheuermann’s Disease which explains his spinal curvature which people like to insult.

He did a lot for community while he was here, and like all of us, us deserving of some respect. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Finally got around to listening to Sutters post game. What kinda crack is he smoking the Oilers were the favourites? It was 3 guys who picked Edmonton over Calgary in all of NA. One was Messier enough said. Calgary was the favourites the entire series and especially after game one. One guy beat you all right his name was Jacob Markstrom. Where was your 40/40/40 line after game 1? One guy didn’t beat you the flames self destructed after they got cocky.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad