Post-Game Talk: Oilers to the WCF!

MVP of the series?

• Total voters

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Knightslayer. He got banned in December for threatening to fight me, lol. I have his final post saved.

M0FfsBQ.png

Damn, you got Rasmus Andersson banned from HF?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
All the talk here in Cowtown today is about the controversial call but by tomorrow the focus will shift to the number of players who let the team down.

How many guys overachieved for the Flames? Just one--Backlund who is really a 3rd line player most of the time.

How do you give Johnny 8 years * 11 million/year now? It's going to be a very difficult decision. He's a very good player but he's no Mc-D.
With Gaudreau, feels like they're in a no-win situation.
You lose him and there goes the best offensive player on the team and your playoff outlook next year looks worse.
You keep him and you have to pay him too much money for too long as he exits his prime years, and you have to lose other players just to do so.

I don't see a way that Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Mangiapane can all be Flames next season.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Also, have to think that the 2 people picking an Oilers sweep were people from HFoilers or something. :laugh:
Tkachuk and Andersson's accounts cause they scared of the big bad one player. Geez automerge geeeeez.
With Gaudreau, feels like they're in a no-win situation.
You lose him and there goes the best offensive player on the team and your playoff outlook next year looks worse.
You keep him and you have to pay him too much money for too long as he exits his prime years, and you have to lose other players just to do so.

I don't see a way that Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Mangiapane can all be Flames next season.
Can they sign Johnny and please move on from the other two? Alberta should be rat free and to be honest Mangiapane scores on us too much.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Tkachuk and Andersson's accounts cause they scared of the big bad one player. Geez automerge geeeeez.

Can they sign Johnny and please move on from the other two? Alberta should be rat free and to be honest Mangiapane scores on us too much.
I think they ultimately do pretty big RFA deals with Tkachuk and Mangiapane (length of contract depends on if those guys want long-term, or just to be UFAs ASAP, but probably $9-10m for Tkachuk and $6m for Mangiapane), and Gaudreau leaves for some US team on the east coast for as much money as he can get, something like $9-10m x 7.

Reactions: T-Funk

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Needs an endorsement from Apple!
Haha, needs to be our entrance song. Way heavier than Enter Sandman. Bonus if the SCF is against TB, we could use Ride the Lightning.

Also, one of our esteemed GDT makers want to do a four horsemen theme?

Last edited:
Reactions: alanschu

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Haha, needs to be our entrance song. Way heavier than Enter Sandman. Bonus if the SCF is against TB, we could use Ride the Lightning
Off topic but reminds me of when my wife and I were on our honeymoon and I saw a sign for Nachos and I just went

♫ Nacho! Nacho ♫

And she was "did you just sing Nacho to Master of Puppets" and I knew I found the right one for me :D

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The Oilers commitment to battle hard for loose pucks and disrupting puck control by the opposition is THE key to our success IMO. When we are on top of the puck we win almost every time. It's refreshing to have a coach that recognizes this because the last one certainly didn't.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
We got a break on the disallowed goal as that should be a goal no matter who scores it.

Doesn't mean we wouldn't have had a big push & tied it & won in OT anyway.

It shouldn't be hard to admit it since we're not in any way obligated to give it back & replay the game or give them the win & then need to play a game 6.

Coleman even said himself he extended his leg to redirect it into the net. In other words, he kicked it into the net. Bieksa had the right take on it last night. NO GOAL!

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Coleman even said himself he extended his leg to redirect it into the net. In other words, he kicked it into the net. Bieksa had the right take on it last night. NO GOAL!
Just because that's my opinion, an opinion backed up by numerous goals being upheld after being "directed" into the net using a skate, doesn't mean I feel bad for the Flames or want to give it back.

I'll take it & we move on to the WCF.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Leon has done a great job ramping things up
9 points in last 10 regular season games
9 points in first round
17 points in 2nd round

He isn't 100% but he found a way to be very effective.
Not just effective, that round got him some NHL records. This is just insane what they're doing.

Just because that's my opinion, an opinion backed up by numerous goals being upheld after being "directed" into the net using a skate, doesn't mean I feel bad for the Flames or want to give it back.

I'll take it & we move on to the WCF.
Yeah, I mean even I was surprised by the call, as were most I'm guessing, the one angle at the right speed looks absolutely like a kick. When they're slowing it down it looks like he tried to deflect. Idk I don't care anymore haha WCF!!!

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The greatest quote from CP

"Flames should sue the NHL for lost revenue. Gamblers should sue the NHL for lost bets."

EDIT: And another :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"The NHL watching Evander Kane score a ton of points when he should be somewhere in jail, and hijacking game 5 by taking a legitimate goal off the board.

This is maphia level ####"

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I think there had to be something from Connor that he wanted to win the series on Ben's birthday. It's almost legendary if that might have been the case. Right up there with winning one for the Gipper...except Ben's going to be okay...

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Looooooooch.jpg

Amazing performance Looooooch!

Absolutely hilarious watching his interview before game 5. All the big talk with zero follow-up in the actual game. Exactly the same guy we had here. Embarrassing. Complete passenger player.

Cliche, cliche, fake smile, cliche, cliche.

That’s looch for you.

I’m wondering if he enjoyed the ‘mature leadership group’ in cowtown…

7E60E043-5249-47EF-9E26-9807BCBAC919.jpeg

And their GM Treliving, got greedy at the deadline…trading a 1st round pick for Toffoli with term…

FBD70C4F-CEE2-40EB-984C-5ABE32E8F8D1.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad