Post-Game Talk: Oilers to the WCF!

MVP of the series?

• Total voters

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
It's not the 80s and this is not a dynasty...Smith plays the way he did against the flames , in the Avs series we are done...he can go on a run though, hope he does.
Imo the most dangerous breakdowns were on d. Yes Smith is not good enough to make up for it, and he can let in a soft near retirement goal at random times, but the Oil cannot let a team cycle the hell out of us like Calgary did, shooting from everywhere. The Avs are good enough to actually get the rebound or sticks on it.

Reactions: Faelko and redgrant

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
IIRC they did something like this during our 2017 playoff run as well.

Would love to see more behind the scenes / mic’d up moments from the club

Interesting I don’t remember it for 2017 but have noticed some stuff from the NHL in recent years with mic’d up players, coaches and refs (lol Wes McCauley, double lol Tim Peel)

It’d be nice to see more. Was nice to hear the emotion from Woody and Nurse. I was shocked that Zadorov didn’t have as much an accent as expected?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
flames fans are coping so hard saying we wish we drafted tkachuk over Pulju. Which sure, he is the better player, but it’s just hilarious when you consider who showed up when it mattered in the series, and who was nowhere to be found.

Reactions: Magnum23

oldybutgoldy

Nov 14, 2019
Avs played two dogsh*t 5v5 reg season teams in Blues and Preds. Oilers played kings who were quite good 5v5, and spanked the flames who were among the very best this year 5v5.

Oilers have faced adversity and have had to elevate their games. Avs have had a pretty easy go so far.

Once again everyone is picking the "one guy" team to get swept, and they already have the Avs penciled in for the finals, so all the pressure is on them here. Oilers have thrived as underdogs and elevate their game when the fans, media, and analytic nerds on twitter write them off. This "one guy" shit is like pouring gasoline on the flickering oil depth.

For these reasons I pick the oil to upset... in 6. LFGO!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The absolute lack of even so much as a shot of Darryl Sutter in that video doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it is notable in its absence.
It means he has the personality and linguistics of a park bench. I find it hilarious that it looks like Woody and the Cgy assistant are the ones calling the shots.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I loved how after the Coleman goal was disallowed, Hrudey was basically sulking for the rest of the broadcast.
Hrudey sucks , Can't even call him a has been as he never was good . Calgary are very lucky the Oilers never swept them , Calgary tried to play an Oilers , Avs type of game and failed miserably at it . Too many big slow goons out there to try and play an offensive game against the Oilers . I bet Markstrom wishes he signed with the Oilers especial if Johnny leaves . Best part is fans keep counting the Oilers out . Then they pull a Harry Houdini and disappears when the Oilers win .

Suck it long and hard Flames
Hrudey can suck it twice as long and twice as hard . He is a dick-less prick and thats hard to be .

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
6hx4ln.jpg

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Zadorov not quite the piece of crap I thought he was. Played an honorable game this series. I wonder why Kieth is telling him he'll miss him? They got history?

Edit: Guess they were teammates in Chicago.

He did follow Draisaitl around hacking at his ankle repeatedly but I guess thats honorable in some peoples books.

Reactions: TB12

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Zadorov not quite the piece of crap I thought he was. Played an honorable game this series. I wonder why Kieth is telling him he'll miss him? They got history?

Edit: Guess they were teammates in Chicago.

I hoped it was a low-key jab but you're obviously right on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad