Post-Game Talk: Oilers to the WCF!

MVP of the series?

• Total voters

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Woodcrofts reaction is hilarious to me.

Breathing heavily but all business. Or to me it looked like he was just waiting to talk to Sutter and leave.
He's been all business after the series wins, giving credit where due, that I think he's trying as hard as possible to keep composure and get the coaches moment out of the way before he forgets. In doing so it looks completely boss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faelko

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
He's been all business after the series wins, giving credit where due, that I think he's trying as hard as possible to keep composure and get get coaches moment out of the way before he forgets. In doing so it looks completely boss.
I loved his early days power posing in track suits at the pressers.

You can tell this guy is a kind and respectful man, didn't want to cross that Red Line. Thanks again Toronto for Woody, Hyman, and Connor! ❤🙏

Reactions: Biltmore

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
DP, you're quicker on the draw. Just came to post this. Gives me chills.

The guy who produced and tweeted that is actually someone who I know personally from my college days. :laugh: Pretty cool to see him get some internet fame, especially since he's had a rough go over the past few years. It'd mean the world to him if Edmonton wins it all.

You rock, Ryan!

• Love
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I loved his early days power posing in track suits at the pressers.

You can tell this guy is a kind and respectful man, didn't want to cross that Red Line. Thanks again Toronto for Woody, Hyman, and Connor! ❤🙏
He’s got that Gretzky humility to him. Basically he knows he’s good so he doesn’t have to make himself feel better. Instead he kills you with “niceness” but it’s really just supreme confidence.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It mentions in the article that they were "invited" to go to the game.
This was the best Flames Subterfuge ever. I welcome more of it, for every regular season game as well. I'm kind Mclovin that this behind the bench thing is catching on.

This is the backstory on the Cowgirls I posted in another thread.

Last edited:

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Smith was bad...biggest weakness of this team sadly....hopefully he has a better round next series.
Depends on what you consider bad. Fuhr could have been considered "bad" if you looked at his stats. But he knew how to win games and make the big save when needed. Let's hope he can continue channeling his inner Fuhr. Homage on his mask is perfect!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
There’s a lot of hate on this forum towards Lucic, which I do not understand. Yes he did not live up to our expectations, but why all the hate? He’s also not even an Oiler anymore but still appears to upset our fan base for his continued poor play.

I believe the guy has Scheuermann’s Disease which explains his spinal curvature which people like to insult.

He did a lot for community while he was here, and like all of us, us deserving of some respect. Just my $0.02.

He mailed it in on the ice while collecting 7 million dollars of valuable cap dollars. He’s been kind of snide about his time here - it’s natural that he will face some derision. Comes with the territory.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Knightslayer. He got banned in December for threatening to fight me, lol. I have his final post saved.

M0FfsBQ.png
God that guy was a clown, always good for some entertainment though.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Wouldn’t be surprised if those Cowgirls were sent in by Treliving to be a distraction. Flames play a dirty dirty game.
Pure marketing genius by Cowboys bar who know what sells. A pretty epic Stampede party thrower and good times establishment. I knew a few of their execs back in the day. An old read about their business model: Playboy meets country

International publicity generated for the price of 4 front row seats and low cut clothing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pure marketing genius by Cowboys bar who know what sells. A pretty epic Stampede party thrower and good times establishment. I knew a few of their execs back in the day. An old read about their business model: Playboy meets country

International publicity generated for the price of 4 front row seats and low cut clothing.
I posted on the backstory in the Woodcroft thread. It is indeed great marketing, was friendly, good fun, and the Gals had a great time and I think added a lot of cheer. This has to be the best org move in BOA history, and not of the angry ilk like shredding jerseys, sand in players bench etc. Just good fun, and also marketing the team, the City, Calgary, and the Stampede.

Your article btw is behind a paywall. So can't read it.

Please make it happen. Go to max cap with playoff chokers, would be a massive gift for Oiler fans.

Winning a cup?

At the Calgary Stampede? Thats about as close as he'll come.

Reactions: Biltmore

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I posted on the backstory in the Woodcroft thread. It is indeed great marketing, was friendly, good fun, and the Gals had a great time and I think added a lot of cheer. This has to be the best org move in BOA history, and not of the angry ilk like shredding jerseys, sand in players bench etc. Just good fun, and also marketing the team, the City, Calgary, and the Stampede.

Winning a cup?

A red solo cup.
Flames you fucced up.

Oh what a party

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Winning a cup?

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize that. I've seen other mention a site 12ft.io that can help access content. Paul Vickers, founder of Cowboys, is somewhat of a Gatsby-eque figure from doorman to corporate hospitality empire builder (now diversified) utilizing the universal constant that sells, super hot women and scantily clothed. Cowboys have been pretty legendary in their PR approach like this Flamers game to generate a kajillion impressions of unpaid media attention.

The photo of the Woodcroft handholding was hilarious. And agree it brought a light hearted, fun element to a highly charged rivalry in which we often see and hear the worse of fan(attic) behaviour.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Been there as well. But still Cowboys owners and Treliving being friends still a possibility and this could go beyond just marketing.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Winning a cup?

Try opening in private browsing/incognito mode.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Been there as well. But still Cowboys owners and Treliving being friends still a possibility and this could go beyond just marketing.
Nah. Personally I highly doubt it. Vickers I'm pretty sure has divested Cowboys to several senior executives that worked for him for years. Believe he spends much of his time in New Orleans with his flood mitigation core business interests.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Depends on what you consider bad. Fuhr could have been considered "bad" if you looked at his stats. But he knew how to win games and make the big save when needed. Let's hope he can continue channeling his inner Fuhr. Homage on his mask is perfect!
It's not the 80s and this is not a dynasty...Smith plays the way he did against the flames , in the Avs series we are done...he can go on a run though, hope he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad