Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Corey Perry (775k AAV, 225k for 10GP, 50k for winning Round II, 50k for winning Round III)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Actually, this technically isn't true. We fans don't play any role in the outcome of games but the players salaries are essentially paid by we the fans so, in a way, we are part of the team. I also think people say "we" because it's a feeling of unity, feeling a bond with the team and fellow fans.

I don't use "we" much when discussing sports teams outside of some heat of the moment posts in a GDT or after a big win but I can understand why some do.
I can't understand any fervent discussion of pronouns taking place here but thats just me..;)

its like a weird track the thread went on.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Love the signing. Look forward to the hard, greasy game Perry will bring to this team and to complement Kane. Intangibles matter and I see Perry win everything and burn the boats behind battle intensity will have direct and indirect benefit. See a major spinoff being like ancient Adam Oates helping to grow Jarrett Stoll's face-off and centre game; Duncan Keith helping to mentor an onboarding Evan Bouchard and d-corp broadly without a lot of playoff experience. I will have my eyes on Perry's exposure and play with McLeod and Holloway.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'm pretty sure Perry is the only current Oiler who has won a Stanley Cup.

Yeah, this signing is awesome.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I am clearly way out of touch...who is Stifler?
1706146629117.gif

• Haha
Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Since the change, the Oilers are an NHL-best 25-6-0, including 23-3-0 since Nov. 24. Edmonton is third in the Pacific Division, generating a different mood in the locker room, which Perry noticed immediately.

"You can tell how close they really are; obviously when you win 15 in a row, you're going to be a little bit lighter in the dressing room and a little bit happier," Perry said. "You can really see how close they are and what it means to them and what each person means to each other. It's been a warm welcome for me and I'm excited to really get down to the nitty gritty and play hockey and to get to know everybody as well at the same time."

This is very encouraging.

Perry expected to make debut when Oilers go for 16th straight win | NHL.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad