GDT: Oilers @ SENS, Tonight 7pm TSN5, RDS, SNW (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not sure how he avoids that while trying to get to the puck first; If he needs 7-10 from that hit though..

Its definitely a normal hockey play. They add up tho. Take a hit here, take a bump there. Death by a million bumps lol

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Zub says hi. JBD and Sanderson are on the way and there's be lots of player movement ahead of the expansion draft. Would rather pick up someone like Toews and expose Zaitsev.
Projecting our RD next year Zub/Zaitsev/Gudbranson/Brown.

LD
Chabot/Branstrom/Sanderson/Wolanin.

Teams are better prepared for the expansion draft this time.

By the way Zaitsev was our best D last night.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Crap no Brannstrom. Archibald needs to be tuned by Watson. He's be running around the ice too much.

Well I don't see a win tonight. Hogberg is going to need to be a whole lot better.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

LD

? Zaitsev's bad neutral zone pinch literally cost them the game last night.

Reactions: bert

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa

LD

He’s been our most consistent D since opening night.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Going to predict that if Another MR Lizard watches the game with us tonight we win

Somehow

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Best I could find quickly

I don't think you can avoid that hit, the problem was that he was a little off balance and got low to get his balance. Being too low made the impact harsher as his should went into the boards. Just a fluke I think.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Zub was the best d man last night in my opinion. Zaitsev has been ok, was a tough pinch then a bad bounce off Whites backhand. I dont think it was a bad play he had support just an unlucky bounce.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You couldn’t be more wrong. Brady left for a change as the Oilers D moved the puck to his winger at centre ice and then White made a terrible read to get on the wrong side of the puck rather than backing up Zaitsev. Zaitsev literally made the exact play he was supposed to there.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Zub was the best d man last night in my opinion. Zaitsev has been ok, was a tough pinch then a bad bounce off Whites backhand. I dont think it was a bad play he had support just an unlucky bounce.
Eh, I think he has to recognize that while White is on his way back, they were changing and lacked any support other than White, who still wasn't quite back in position yet and flubbed the puck from a bad spot.

We saw a lot of bad pinches from 22 last year and he's been much better this year, but the play last night was on him imo much moreso than White or Chabot.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I though Zub was very good as well. Brendan Bell also agreed that Zaitsev was their best D last night. I have no problem with someone thinking Zub was the best last night. Our right side has looked much better with Zub in. Gudbranson might need a night off, he is looking pretty tired out there but works his ass off.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Eh, I think he has to recognize that while White is on his way back, they were changing and lacked any support other than White, who still wasn't quite back in position yet and flubbed the puck from a bad spot.

We saw a lot of bad pinches from 22 last year and he's been much better this year, but the play last night was on him imo much moreso than White or Chabot.
White was in position and actually altered his path to go right to Zaitsev. Zaitsev eliminated his man even though the puck got by him. If White doesn’t leave Ennis he either gets the puck, separates Ennis from the puck or worst case it’s a simple 2 on 2 with a 3rd Sen arriving from the bench. It’s 100% on Whites bad read.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You couldn’t be more wrong. Brady left for a change as the Oilers D moved the puck to his winger at centre ice and then White made a terrible read to get on the wrong side of the puck rather than backing up Zaitsev. Zaitsev literally made the exact play he was supposed to there.
Gotta disagree there. White was in a bad spot when he made the pinch and while that's on White for being where he was and Tkachuk heading off, Zaitsev made a bad read of where the support was (or wasn't in this case) and pinched anyways, then he failed to make the play. You have to be more aware of where your teammates are before making that pinch and he did it with Tkachuk heading off and White in no mans land. He left Chabot as last man back and put White in a bad spot of even if he'd read the play right, he'd have been on the wrong side of two Oilers. Tkachuk needs to pick his spots better to change. White needs to read the play better, but 22 needs to bail on the play there and back off.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Gotta disagree there. White was in a bad spot when he made the pinch and while that's on White for being where he was and Tkachuk heading off, Zaitsev made a bad read of where the support was (or wasn't in this case) and pinched anyways, then he failed to make the play. You have to be more aware of where your teammates are before making that pinch and he did it with Tkachuk heading off and White in no mans land. He left Chabot as last man back and put White in a bad spot of even if he'd read the play right, he'd have been on the wrong side of two Oilers. Tkachuk needs to pick his spots better to change. White needs to read the play better, but 22 needs to bail on the play there and back off.
Lol White was literally right beside Ennis as Zaitsev eliminated his man.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Watch it again. He was a good 3-4 ft away from Ennis and on the wrong side of him before Zaitsev pinched.

Zaitsev missed the puck, it popped out and White had a second to react and was only able to poke the puck.

White needs to be in better position to allow Zaitsev to pinch, but if he's in the wrong spot before he pinches, then it's up to 22 not to go. Play would have just been a dump in.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Watch it again. He was a good 3-4 ft away from Ennis and on the wrong side of him before Zaitsev pinched.

Zaitsev missed the puck, it popped out and White had a second to react and was only able to poke the puck.

White needs to be in better position to allow Zaitsev to pinch, but if he's in the wrong spot before he pinches, then it's up to 22 not to go. Play would have just been a dump in.
Actually it would have been a clean entry. We will just have to disagree but I’ll bet most coaches would put the onus on White to make a smarter read.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Actually it would have been a clean entry. We will just have to disagree but I’ll bet most coaches would put the onus on White to make a smarter read.
I certainly wouldn't want them to absolve White's decision there and the tape reflects he was in the wrong spot, my argument was that he was in the wrong spot before the pinch is made, so I think you have to have awareness of where your teammates are and adjust accordingly.

Game happens fast and shit happens, but ideally Zaitsev should have backed off when he sees where White was leading up to it, then White closes the boards off and either forces a dump in or a tough entry for EDM. The support was a mirage based on positioning and a good chance that ends up a hooking penalty on White to prevent the scoring chance regardless imo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A lot went wrong on that play...

Brady had a lazy change which resulted Tkachuk's replacement being behind the play and White scrambling across to cover the spot Tkachuk vacated. In doing so, White let Ennis get behind him which combined to create that 2 on one, Chabot didn't play the 2 on 1 particularly well either.

I don't mind Zaitsev's pinch in a vacuum, he probably can't be expected to know the chain of events Tkachuks lazy change would cause.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
A lot went wrong on that play...

Brady had a lazy change which resulted Tkachuk's replacement being behind the play and White scrambling across to cover the spot Tkachuk vacated. In doing so, White let Ennis get behind him which combined to create that 2 on one, Chabot didn't play the 2 on 1 particularly well either.

I don't mind Zaitsev's pinch in a vacuum, he probably can't be expected to know the chain of events Tkachuks lazy change would cause.
Agreed. I would say it was a bad pinch if he hadn’t eliminated his man or if there weren’t two players behind him. It’s a play in that situation that I want him making every time.

it was also a pretty weak goal as Murray was cheating to his left a little.

Reactions: Carl33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad