GDT: Oilers @ SENS, Tonight 7pm TSN5, RDS, SNW (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Formenton is going to be the most important player added to the roster of guys not here now.

The only new guy up front I’d rather have playing aside from Formenton is Stutzle.

I think Batherson and Norris are more skilled, think Formenton will be the better/more important Player for the Sens.
Is Vermette a fair comparison?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That’s who I’ve always compared him to.

A bigger, rangier, Vermette, with less offensive skills but better finish. If he can get to the level of Vermette we should be extremely thrilled.
He’s a heavier player than Vermette but it’s not a terrible comp.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I'm not feeling a win tonight, but I think we are gonna play spoiler on Thursday. :)

Still pulling for a win!!!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Watson also needs to be better. Sure he has scored a few goals, but he has taken a ton of dumb penalties. Can't have seperate sets of rules for different players, gonna lose the room quickly that way.
It’s about playing to your abilities. I’m a big fan of Batherson but he like Norris has hit a bit of a wall.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's almost like he purposely tries to come up with the worst possible combinations. Like, why is Tierney and Brown the only duo he refuses to split up? They have been terrible together.
That line is going to soak up ice time.. they may pot a greasy one.
We have 2 of our better offensive players on the 4th line with Stepan

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Best I could find quickly

People in Montreal are still crying about the Gudbranson hit on Jake Evans.

Jocelyn Lemieux explained it pretty well. Gudbranson is 6'5, Evans is 6'0 and he was leaning forward. Evans didn't protect himself outside of quickly getting rid of the puck. Gudbranson's skate never left the ice, he wasn't trying to throw a dirty hit at all.

Sometimes hits are hard to avoid, part of the game. Unlucky timing for Brannstrom, has to learn to better protect himself

Reactions: Deku

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Comments on that Tweet thread seem to think DJ rolling all 4 lines
we'll see .. Galchenyuk barely played last night.. He wants to send a message to Batherson. He should send one to Norris and Tkachuk as well.

Tkachuk Norris and Batherson was rolling along not too bad.
DJ saw an opportunity to move Batherson off and put his pet C Brown with them when they were on the road. Batherson has not been back there since. They moved Brown off and moved Dadonov there later breaking up another unit Paul White and Dadonov that was starting to gel as well.
Tinkering I guess but I feel I have different views than DJ on who works well or would work well together

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Watson also needs to be better. Sure he has scored a few goals, but he has taken a ton of dumb penalties. Can't have seperate sets of rules for different players, gonna lose the room quickly that way.

You can. Watson and Batherson bring different things to the table. Watson has done a pretty good job doing his thing imo. Batherson while he was good to start the season has dropped off. He is expected to be an offensive contributor and he will be. Right now he isn't, sometimes players need a little kick in the pants to get going. It's a challenge for Batherson. A challenge to be better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
D0n't like the lines.

My dog would probably come up with better lines.

Which is even more crazy is that we are AT HOME.

Paul-Tierney-Brown

And try to find some offense with the other lines. Not rocket science.

That will require some great individual efforts to score 2+ goals (like Stutzle vs Montreal)

He is far better than Norris and Norris keeps getting good linemates.

Well, no

Only thing Batherson has been better at is passing and he has been overpassing the puck, making a lot of low % plays.

Keep in mind Batherson is my favorite player after Chabot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->