GDT: Oilers @ SENS, Tonight 7pm TSN5, RDS, SNW (Part Deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

SphericalElaborateBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

Damn, he was playing well. Hopefully Wolanin can fill in an prove he belongs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
People might not agree with Simmer on most takes, but he's 100% right about Brannstrom needing to learn to take less contact. He seems to get hit hard quite a bit.
Not always possible with the take the hit to make the play , but that Quinn Hughes elusiveness helps

Reactions: cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not always possible with the take the hit to make the play , but that Quinn Hughes elusiveness helps

For sure. Not saying never get hit or anything crazy lol. Just with his slight frame its bound to take its toll.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Right, i suppose we could swap out Norris who hasn't been playing as well as he started. Won't be Zub, and I'd rather not with batherson
Norris could stand to come out... I suspect they'll make Logan wait .. maybe decisions in progress

DJ did have this to say on Batherson

I think Batherson is more complete than Norris.. Norris flashes good things almost every game but he also flashes things I would want to correct. I hope these guys are getting some one on one video coaching ... and not just the motivation work talk. Norris has to be better in the ozone on puck retrievals .. he seems to put his hard hat on in the dzone more . I think its time to separate him from Tkachuk at the least... Maybe Brown can slide in there for a look but .. overall that top line has had a drop off in what they are delivering.

Batherson has been forcing some plays and could revert to keeping things a little more simple.. especially when he's on with guys like White and Paul.. generally we don't have much skill depth to throw it around much

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
J. Brown, Anisimov, Stepan and Reilly should all be waived and be on the taxi squad at this point. None of them bring anything of value and would surely clear waivers.

Bring in Logan, Wolanin and Formenton.
If we lost Josh Brown on waivers we would need to acquire a replacement D with term. No thanks.

Reactions: cudi

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Norris could stand to come out... I suspect they'll make Logan wait .. maybe decisions in progress

DJ did have this to say on Batherson

I think Batherson is more complete than Norris.. Norris flashes good things almost every game but he also flashes things I would want to correct. I hope these guys are getting some one on one video coaching ... and not just the motivation work talk. Norris has to be better in the ozone on puck retrievals .. he seems to put his hard hat on in the dzone more . I think its time to separate him from Tkachuk at the least... Maybe Brown can slide in there for a look but .. overall that top line has had a drop off in what they are delivering.

Batherson has been forcing some plays and could revert to keeping things a little more simple.. especially when he's on with guys like White and Paul.. generally we don't have much skill depth to throw it around much

Feels like Batherson creates multiple scoring chances per game that his linemates just can't cash in on.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we lost Josh Brown on waivers we would need to acquire a replacement D with term. No thanks.

We can move Aspirot back to the taxi squad we have Coburn already waived available... why do we need the term exactly?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
How do you figure that? We have Coburn on the taxi squad. He can replace on a moments notice.
We would need to pick up a D that meets expansion requirements or else we would need to expose Chabot or Zaitsev or resign Wolanin before the end of the season and expose him. I don’t want to use a pick for another 7th D.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We can move Aspirot back to the taxi squad we have Coburn already waived available... why do we need the term exactly?
Expansion requirements. You need to expose a D under contract for next year with sufficient games played.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We would need to pick up a D that meets expansion requirements or else we would need to expose Chabot or Zaitsev or resign Wolanin before the end of the season and expose him. I don’t want to use a pick for another 7th D.
So you expose Zaitsev or Wolanin, no problem. We'd be smart to offer up incentive for Seattle to take Zaitsev before we have to give Tkachuk his big deal. We already have like 40M committed to next year for about 10 players.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So you expose Zaitsev or Wolanin, no problem. We'd be smart to offer up incentive for Seattle to take Zaitsev before we have to give Tkachuk his big deal. We already have like 40M committed to next year for about 10 players.
Zaitsev is needed. We have no internal replacement and we don’t exactly get good UFAs.

Reactions: The Expert

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Zaitsev is needed. We have no internal replacement and we don’t exactly get good UFAs.
Zub says hi. JBD and Sanderson are on the way and there's be lots of player movement ahead of the expansion draft. Would rather pick up someone like Toews and expose Zaitsev.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

That's more like what we saw last year as well.. Not enough speed for that kind of rush.. He had lots of time there to move the puck. Last night , I'd have to see it again but Archibald closed on him pretty fast behind the net; have to see it again.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Guy has a good stretch of 10 or so games and now we can't live without him?

He could just as easily regress back to what we saw last year and no gaurantees he would be plucked even if available.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
That's more like what we saw last year as well.. Not enough speed for that kind of rush.. He had lots of time there to move the puck. Last night , I'd have to see it again but Archibald closed on him pretty fast behind the net; have to see it again.

Best I could find quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad