GDT: Oilers rookies @ Flames rookies - 7pm

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Can the Oilers rookies get through this series without scoring a single goal? Never underestimate.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Is McLeod playing? I see him on the lineup but genuinely haven't seen him yet.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Vesey and Starrett might be the 2 worst players to ever play in a rookie game for the oilers.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meaningless game or not, it would be nice if the Oilers didn't get owned again by Calgary's "lesser" prospects. This is the only thing the Oilers have on the Flames so it would be nice to see a goal, give me one goal. Not too much to ask.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
What the H. They're suppose to be playing like their lives depend on it, because it does. The passion is lacking right now, which is very surprising. Hopefully they wake up sooner than later

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What the H. They're suppose to be playing like their lives depend on it, because it does. The passion is lacking right now, which is very surprising. Hopefully they wake up sooner than later

Guys with a chance are saving themselves for main camp. Guys with no chance know they have no chance. They barely invited anyone so no one is out there trying to earn a look at big camp.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Missed the first 2 periods of big time action. Hope the 3rd makes up for it.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The offense can't offend either. They are just offensive. Not one goal in 5 periods. Bouchard, Samorukov, Benson, Marody, Lavoie, McLeod, Maxsimov and nothing.
Why do we even bring in such bad invitees like Starrett and Keeler? We have one pairing with De Jong and Desharnais. Desharnais is HORRIBLE. No hockey iq, no speed, no passing ability. Only thing he has going for him is size and he's right handed.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Why do there lives depend on it? For guys like Benson and Marody it’s a warmup skate for main camp, for the rest it’s the first competitive hockey in months.

I can’t believe the people freaking out about this, these games are glorified scrimmages.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
All I can think is "that's child abuse!" when I see little kids forced to wear Flames stuff.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad