Vesey - Stukel - Keeler

Defence
Samorukov - Bouchard
Cap - Day
Bellamy - Desharnais

Goalies
Rodrigue
Skinner​

Lavoie should be slotted on one of the top 2 lines. No reason to have a few AHL journeymen on the top 2. Would like to see what he can do with some talent around him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Didnt watch the game...was it really that bad?

It was sloppy, chippy, boring hockey with very few chances on either side.

In fairness it looked to me like the Flames coaches knew they only had three players worth a damn so really tried to shut it down. Zagidulin played well but wasn't overly tested.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was sloppy, chippy, boring hockey with very few chances on either side.

In fairness it looked to me like the Flames coaches knew they only had three players worth a damn so really tried to shut it down. Zagidulin played well but wasn't overly tested.

Interesting. Hopefully the game tonight is more entertaining.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think I'll watch another horror movie instead. Seems to be no jam on this rooks team.

This is hockey. Stand up for yourselves a bit.

I know its not the Battle of Alberta but not one of the kids really stood up and responded to the goons in game 1.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Bought tickets for the game - won't be getting there until about 8:30, but I'll try and get some visuals down from the ice.

Dang, I wish Yamo was playing though.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Surprised Bro didn't even show up to camp to assess where he's at relative to his peers.

I thought going through at least the start of training camp would allow him to see what it took to get to the next level.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Samorukov- Bouchard pairing is nice.

I am calling a Hebig 2 or 3 goal game.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Surprised Bro didn't even show up to camp to assess where he's at relative to his peers.

I thought going through at least the start of training camp would allow him to see what it took to get to the next level.
Hasn't his team already started back in Sweden. Hard to leave the team you are playing for and travelling half way across the world for a couple meaningless rookie games.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think I'll watch another horror movie instead. Seems to be no jam on this rooks team.

This is hockey. Stand up for yourselves a bit.

I know its not the Battle of Alberta but not one of the kids really stood up and responded to the goons in game 1.

Would have liked to see a response for the Starrett sucker punch, but I was content with Desharnais stepping in on the borderline play against Marody. Otherwise, I didn't notice anything too stupid by the Flames rookies.

Reactions: ujju2

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hopefully they don't out outworked again. That was annoying to see. If Bouchard plays how he did the first game and can keep that up, he is a lock to get 9 games in the NHL again. He looks dominant. Tippett is looking for a RHD to play with Klefbom after the Nurse-Larsson pairing. I think they're hoping Bouch is that guy.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't out outworked again. That was annoying to see. If Bouchard plays how he did the first game and can keep that up, he is a lock to get 9 games in the NHL again. He looks dominant. Tippett is looking for a RHD to play with Klefbom after the Nurse-Larsson pairing. I think they're hoping Bouch is that guy.
Bouchard needs another year for sure imo

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would have liked to see a response for the Starrett sucker punch, but I was content with Desharnais stepping in on the borderline play against Marody. Otherwise, I didn't notice anything too stupid by the Flames rookies.

Samorukov did his level best to elbow him in the head - he threw twice - but the puke was waiting for a response and dodged them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Are any of the guys we have known for fighting? Maybe it would be worth while inviting a guy that actually does this if there isn't any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad