GDT: Oilers rookies @ Flames rookies - 7pm

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jesus. Can’t even exit the zone right now and it seems the Flames have had more high quality chances in 10 minutes than they had all last game.

Starrett literally can not do a thing right right now. I’d look for that spot to be shuffled.
Calgary sitting there best forward and we have 3 guys who think they can make the big club this year and they are getting embarrassed.

Abysmal showing by our rooks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
These guys are looking like they want to get sent home in the first cut. Oy. Thankfully Holland stocked the depth cupboards lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Calgary sitting there best forward and we have 3 guys who think they can make the big club this year and they are getting embarrassed.

Abysmal showing by our rooks
You do know that players who are closer to the NHL typically don't really care about this game? Just not trying to get hurt.

Much more important for fringe players looking for contracts and such to show up.

Wouldn't expect you to think of that though.

Reactions: KYams17

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Benson gets the penalty there? Thats a f***ing joke lmao, someone hit the ref in the jaw with a puck.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You do know that players who are closer to the NHL typically don't really care about this game? Just not trying to get hurt.

Much more important for fringe players looking for contracts and such to show up.

Wouldn't expect you to think of that though.
I'm sorry, but if you are a rookie trying to make the big club you get looked at from now till the end of camp. Getting embarrassed by a bunch for nobodies isn't a way for the team to think highly of you

I wouldn't expect you to do more than give excuses

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Dominating what? We have spent most of the game trying to pass the neutral zone. He looks better than the other guys but that's not saying much
Every time he has had the puck he has rushed it up the ice or made a great breakout pass to exit cleanly. He's miles ahead of everyone else on this Oilers team so far. Hasn't scored or anything, but damn he is playing well.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Want to see Mcleod get a bunch of pk tim during preseason he reads plays so well on the defensive end I think that'll be a hidden worth for him as a prospect right now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm sorry, but if you are a rookie trying to make the big club you get looked at from now till the end of camp. Getting embarrassed by a bunch for nobodies isn't a way for the team to think highly of you

I wouldn't expect you to do more than give excuses
Im not making up excuses, but you scream after a sample size of one game.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
These announcers have no idea, getting the puck first doesn't matter anymore, and it hasn't mattered for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad