Confirmed with Link: Oilers Release 4th Jersey!

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Cheers. I hope you get the new jersey for Christmas. :sarcasm:

I'm getting lumps of coal at this rate...heh

Wife not too happy with months of lockdown, not going out for dinner enough, not shopping enough, me gravitating to wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts to eternity. Pass me the hot chicken wings. ;)

jk aside its interesting how much harder restrictions are for um shopping type woman, which I think make up the species..

Me, I'm fine if hardware stores are open.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Its interesting that this is the usual reply. For sure I'm not going to be buying one and Gen X people are not such good consumers. I question needless purchase, consumption, and question this nature of one and its even ethical to question consumption for the sake of it.

This is commerce for the sake of nothing, which services nothing, which contributes nothing, for the sake of emptying pockets.

That'll be my last purposeful post in the thread but austerity is upon us, and nothing wrong with one message to that effect.

edit bah humdrum humbug

Fair enough. I guess I just fundamentally disagree with the notion that "commerce for the sake of nothing" is even a thing. As far as I'm concerned whenever one person buys something from another it is because they both feel the transaction will make them better off. That's not nothing. It contributes happiness, or satisfaction, or whatever other positive emotion to the buyer, and it contributes monetary gain to the seller.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Fair enough. I guess I just fundamentally disagree with the notion that "commerce for the sake of nothing" is even a thing. As far as I'm concerned whenever one person buys something from another it is because they both feel the transaction will make them better off. That's not nothing. It contributes happiness, or satisfaction, or whatever other positive emotion to the buyer, and it contributes monetary gain to the seller.

I'll pm. Just to elaborate.

Reactions: ujju2

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Pretty lame idea overall or at least in execution

Best
1. Colorado Nordique
2. Carolina Whalers

Decent:
1. Sharks
2. Florida
3. Devils
4. Peyote Coyotes - at least original
5. Stars (& their blackout jerseys are stellar)
6. Kings

Worst
1. Mighty Ducks high school art project
2. Flaming donkey
3. Buffalo cartoon Sabres
4. St. Louis Bluenotes
5. Toronto Maple Leafs (horribad take on a classic uni)
6. Retro (?) Vegas Golden Knights

Honourable Mention Meh:
1. Canadiens (take one of the all time top three best and turn it into a Euro Div 2 jersey)

EDIT: This is as much a PR campaign by the NHL to sustain awareness, discussion and engagement by fans and media as it is another money grab/commerce initiative. The league must generate exposure and excitement in covid crushing times to keep in the minds and wallets of its fanbase. Adidas too.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Its interesting that this is the usual reply. For sure I'm not going to be buying one and Gen X people are not such good consumers. I question needless purchase, consumption, and question this nature of one and its even ethical to question consumption for the sake of it.

This is commerce for the sake of nothing, which services nothing, which contributes nothing, for the sake of emptying pockets.

Who anointed you the judge of what's essential, useful, good, or sensible? Or why is it necessary to project and apply your own habits and attitudes onto others? Just sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining to me.

If I want to spend 200 dollars on this new consumer product (I don't, but lets just pretend I was in the market for a new jersey of my favourite sports team), what's the problem? I mean, thanks for taking an interest in my personal finances (I guess??)...but I've got things under control.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm getting lumps of coal at this rate...heh

Wife not too happy with months of lockdown, not going out for dinner enough, not shopping enough, me gravitating to wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts to eternity. Pass me the hot chicken wings. ;)

jk aside its interesting how much harder restrictions are for um shopping type woman, which I think make up the species..

Me, I'm fine if hardware stores are open.

Off topic, but building on indulgences, any recommendation for a good substitute for Amrut Old Port. Since trying it, it became my favorite but it's out of stock in all of Alberta.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I saw this posted on the Canucks board:

image.jpeg.b021cd52781822e1305710e3a332cf4f.jpeg

Maybe I'm crazy but I think that looks cool! I don't mind what they went with either though. Could have been worse.

Reactions: connorbutnotmcdavid

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Off topic, but building on indulgences, any recommendation for a good substitute for Amrut Old Port. Since trying it, it became my favorite but it's out of stock in all of Alberta.

Pretty much all the ACE Liquor shops on the southside have it. particularly Millwoods.

Some East Indian focused proprietors here as well that have Liquor stores like Glassy Liquor, or another establishment on 28ave just a block east of the new LRT terminus in MWTC have it. The East Indian shops also carry "Old Monk" rum, but I'm not a big fan of that one. Too much dark molasses taste in it.

I've gone back to Gosling Black Seal, due to it being certified Gluten Free (I'm Celiac) or aforementioned Baron Samedi, or Mount Gay Rum. I wish we could get Myers Rum here, which is great for cocktails, but never available here.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Pretty much all the ACE Liquor shops on the southside have it. particularly Millwoods.

Some East Indian focused proprietors here as well that have Liquor stores like Glassy Liquor, or another establishment on 28ave just a block east of the new LRT terminus in MWTC have it. The East Indian shops also carry "Old Monk" rum, but I'm not a big fan of that one. Too much dark molasses taste in it.

I've gone back to Gosling Black Seal, due to it being certified Gluten Free (I'm Celiac) or aforementioned Baron Samedi, or Mount Gay Rum. I wish we could get Myers Rum here, which is great for cocktails, but never available here.

I'll try to check more of them but even the few that I checked out were out (but still at least had the spot on the shelf). Baron Samedi is still pretty good though as an alternate.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I'll try to check more of them but even the few that I checked out were out (but still at least had the spot on the shelf). Baron Samedi is still pretty good though as an alternate.

Says its still available on shelves and here is list in stores of Alberta that Liquor Connect says still have it. Ph in advance, all PH numbers listed and stores happy to answer questions on product availability. Good luck

Stores - Liquor Connect

sorry to distract from the thread, now people will be out buying rum..;)

ps Its very poor sanitizer, but smells real good. it may fight a few viruses if ingested internally.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Says its still available on shelves and here is list in stores of Alberta that Liquor Connect says still have it. Ph in advance, all PH numbers listed and stores happy to answer questions on product availability. Good luck

Stores - Liquor Connect

sorry to distract from the thread, now people will be out buying rum..;)

ps Its very poor sanitizer, but smells real good. it may fight a few viruses if ingested internally.

Yeah, I've used Liquor Connect and been shut out at over a dozen stores, each of them saying that Liquor Connect is telling them it's out of stock in the whole province. The only recent ones where I even saw empty shelf space where it was supposed to be were Ace in Canmore including one that wasn't listed on Liquor Connect, so maybe I'll try a few of the local ones if you've seen it there.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Yeah, I've used Liquor Connect and been shut out at over a dozen stores, each of them saying that Liquor Connect is telling them it's out of stock in the whole province. The only recent ones where I even saw empty shelf space where it was supposed to be were Ace in Canmore including one that wasn't listed on Liquor Connect, so maybe I'll try a few of the local ones if you've seen it there.

Crap, Ace Liquor in Meadows had it just over a week ago. I opted back to Gosling instead, just due to Celiac. I mean I'm just not sure with the Amrut, they don't specify allergens. Most distilled liquor is said to be fine, but lots of school of thought on that.

With any good news it will be back. This has happened before. btw Wine and Beyond stores, maybe they still have it. worth a try. Stores used to have inventory online, but that seems a thing of the past with Covid-19. With how India has been hard hit its probably part of the problem with Old Port not being available at all.

heh, I think my next part timer retirement job when all this is over is going to be working in a Liquor specialty store. I kind of enjoy this kind of talk and helping out.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Baron Samedi is an awesome rum. I just bought some original Pussers Navy rum the other day, the original British Naval Rum ration recipe. Haven’t cracked it yet. It’s an over proof and I am a bit afraid of the damage I might cause if I like it too much lol.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I saw this posted on the Canucks board:

image-jpeg-b021cd52781822e1305710e3a332cf4f-jpeg.376714

Maybe I'm crazy but I think that looks cool! I don't mind what they went with either though. Could have been worse.
Could you please do a top ten list of "things you think are cool" with pictures ? Daily.... in a sticky topic !

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Baron Samedi is an awesome rum. I just bought some original Pussers Navy rum the other day, the original British Naval Rum ration recipe. Haven’t cracked it yet. It’s an over proof and I am a bit afraid of the damage I might cause if I like it too much lol.

54.5% Alc I see. Hmmm

Hey wife, yeah, I'm cutting down, only had 5 drinks tonight....heh

I could see how those rations were the only way to keep crew happy and once they run out...

Get a decent price on the bottle?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
54.5% Alc I see. Hmmm

Hey wife, yeah, I'm cutting down, only had 5 drinks tonight....heh

I could see how those rations were the only way to keep crew happy and once they run out...

Get a decent price on the bottle?

I stocked up about 3 weeks ago in anticipation of a full lock down coming our way and bought a whack of booze at Keg N Cork. Lots of hard to find Belgian beer and a few varieties of rum I hadn't tried yet so I can't recall what I paid but it wasn't too bad. Keg N Cork has a good spirits and beer selection.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I stocked up about 3 weeks ago in anticipation of a full lock down coming our way and bought a whack of booze at Keg N Cork. Lots of hard to find Belgian beer and a few varieties of rum I hadn't tried yet so I can't recall what I paid but it wasn't too bad. Keg N Cork has a good spirits and beer selection.

Thanks Keg & Cork is a decent place. have to check them out again. Let me know how the tasting goes,

Reactions: MessierII

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Turned out my panic was premature. After three months of nothing at wine and beyond and a couple of stores it was back today. Must have been a temporary shortage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->