Post-Game Talk: Oilers put up a complete and flashy performance - Smith with the shutout*

Which was more Oilgasmic?

• Total voters

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
People do this shit all the time man. I worked in the industry for years and just at rogers during this season.

Drunk fan thats high off a playoff win against its rival sees 2 opposing players and has a chance to chirp them.

How often does a guy who makes 50k get to talk some shit to guys that are worth millions and famous AND play for your teams rivals? almost never.

The bolded financial disparity certainly helps. Yeah it’s not nice to chirp them like he did and I’m not justifying it, but this is more or less how these millionaires would feel after that:

money-crying.gif

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
It really looks Like there’s a Sportsnet mandate to hate the Oilers. Even Louie DeBrusk looks to have adopted it this year. I don’t get it, we’re one of 7 Canadian markets, you’d think the network representing Canada would want Canadian teams doing well. Not the case with us though, their network analysts were openly hoping we’d lose to LA. I don’t ever remember the hate being universally there when CBC and TSN were the national rights holders.

The TSN postgame coverage and analysis seems to be more complimentary to the Oilers this post season than the Sportsnet drivel that is cheerleading for them to lose

Reactions: RattsSSV

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
"was in the year of their last playoff run in 2016-17, when a still semi fleet-of-foot Milan Lucic" love this semi subtle dig on Lucic from Michael Arcuri in today's article on oilers.nhl.com. When even the official Oiler site is taking shots at individual players you know it's the BoA-playoff edition.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
The TSN postgame coverage and analysis seems to be more complimentary to the Oilers this post season than the Sportsnet drivel that is cheerleading for them to lose
Yeah you're right. For Sportscentre the night of Game 7 they had Oilers highlights ahead of Leafs. Not saying that would have happened if the Leafs won but still.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
CP has been a major disappointment the last few days. They accept that McDavid is the best player in the world and that our stars are vastly outplaying their stars. There is a couple of knuckleheads who want to injure mcD but most have been pretty level headed.

I feel so cheated as it is usually more fun on their boards after a loss than it is on our boards after a win.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Yeah you're right. For Sportscentre the night of Game 7 they had Oilers highlights ahead of Leafs. Not saying that would have happened if the Leafs won but still.

Yup, and a lot of content from Jay, Craig Button etc. They seem to be buying in. Sportsnet guys bet on the Flames or something? :dunno: :sarcasm:

Indeed, and the current series standings reflecting this as well

CP has been a major disappointment the last few days. They accept that McDavid is the best player in the world and that our stars are vastly outplaying their stars. There is a couple of knuckleheads who want to injure mcD but most have been pretty level headed.

I feel so cheated as it is usually more fun on their boards after a loss than it is on our boards after a win.

I think a lot of their “diehards” are seeing the writing on the wall, that no matter what happens in this series, their team has been exposed as frauds and pretenders. That is not a championship D corps

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yup, and a lot of content from Jay, Craig Button etc. They seem to be buying in. Sportsnet guys bet on the Flames or something? :dunno: :sarcasm:

Indeed, and the current series standings reflecting this as well
Wife of Flames Asst GM on their payroll. Nuff said.

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Anime avatar and advanced stats! I'm outta here!

Had to log out to see the post. Flames fan on some copium. I’d have to check but I’m pretty sure the Oilers had better expected goals than the Jets in the first round last year while being swept. Also, not sure how well xGF takes into account sluggish D that hang out their goalie to dry vs shooting for corsi.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Kevin Weekes was just on Tim and Friends glowing about how good Connor has been. And after singing his praises, he paused and stated that he wanted to point out that Matthews was on the same level. My god, these guys can't pass up a chance to pander to the Toronto crowd.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Man Calgary fans are the worst. They said Flames in 4 or 5 max and then when they lose a game it's either always the refs, because Tanev (LMAO) is out and he would have shut down everyone, or because we have McDavid and everyone else sucks.

Leon Draisaitl is better than any Calgary Flame. Full stop. Evander Kane has torched the Flames so far. Hyman is contributing and severly outperforming a guy like Mangiapane/Coleman. Smith is outperforming Markstrom by a decent margin and our team defense has stepped up the past 2 games.

Flames fans make so many excuses. It's ridiculous.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Although I did, I definitely regretted it. My friend led us on a tour of Porto today. 12 km and 55 floors climbed later, I’m definitely feeling that 3 hours of sleep.

Here’s a slice from today:
View attachment 550982
Imagine the scenery not being the best part of your trip lol. Watching the Oilers win on your phone in your hotel room with spotty wifi is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad