Post-Game Talk: Oilers put up a complete and flashy performance - Smith with the shutout*

Which was more Oilgasmic?

• Total voters

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Imagine the scenery not being the best part of your trip lol. Watching the Oilers win on your phone in your hotel room with spotty wifi is.

Fortunately I’m staying at my friend’s grandparents place which has a wifi hotspot via Vodafone that’s unlimited data for €36 a month so far more reliable than expected!

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
14.6 GSaX in 7 games, thats insane.
Oilers might’ve gotten lucky here. Not only did he extend the series to 7 and give the Flames less rest, I think he might’ve stolen two games against the Oilers already if he had advanced.

Fortunately I’m staying at my friend’s grandparents place which has a wifi hotspot via Vodafone that’s unlimited data for €36 a month so far more reliable than expected!
That’ll come in handy when you’re watching them in the next round ;)

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
i predicted oilers win game 3 (i didnt think it would be that lobsided tho) and cal game 4

this is going to 7 games.

Mcdavid just embarrassed the f*** out of that team for 60 minutes. I would be shocked if we win game 4.

Yeah I can't imagine a scenario, barring something weird happening, where the flames don't come out like maniacs in game 4. Going to be very hard to win

I told the old man before this series started, it'll be won and lost on goaltending on both sides. Smith has had a wicked bounce back from the first few minutes of game 1 and game 2.

Markstrom has been on a steady projection of allowing 4+ per game and like I said yesterday, is Calgary's weakest link. The Oilers are in his head now.

Calgary and Dallas went seven games because they're both slow teams. Calgary's top line is quick but that's it. They struggled with Dallas because although Dallas looked like a beer league team most nights, Oettinger was the reason the series went to the max. They can't handle the Oilers speed and transition. Dallas scored just 14 goals through 7 games. Edmonton has 15 through 3. Smith is also on fire right now again.

Quick is why LA took the Oilers to 7. Markstrom is nowhere near as good as Quick.

The Flames will come out hard but Smith said it himself post game last night, they learned a huge lesson from game 4 against LA and they won't make the same mistake again. Edmonton is taking tomorrow nights game. They have Calgary on the ropes.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Going to be a lot of embarrassed media members of he did in fact win.

Part of me thinks mcdavid might win just straight from having so many 2nd place votes while first place gets split between Matthews, Huberdeau and Shesterkin.
I don’t mind Matthews winning the hart this year, he was great in the regular season and potting 60 goals hasn’t been done in a long time. Stammer was the last one? 10 years ago?

voting for these awards is so much bs anyways.

Let’s just bring home a cup

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers 322

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I also wanted DeAngelo over Barrie . Would of had enough cap to add a goalie

Smith XXX

Kane McDavid Draisaitl

Nurse DeAngelo
DeAngelo over Barrie would have had a waterfall effect that would’ve made this team so much better on paper.

Having DeAngelo on the team, we could have made a huge push to sign Larsson with the cap space and subsequently wouldn’t have traded for Keith.

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Kulak - Ceci

Probably need an upgrade still on 2LD but I like that a lot better. Keith/Barrie out, Jones/Larsson + goalie help in

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Dan Tencer, holy. I haven't thought about that guy in a decade.

This triggered an old memory for me...

I didn't always agree with Dan's takes, but one day when I was 14, I met him at a civic event and told him about my interest in sports radio (which I really wanted to go into at the time). He actually invited me to come to the studios at Roper Road and sit in on a complete evening of Inside Sports.

So I came. Sat still on a cushy armchair IN the studio and just listened while Dan went through his material. Ultimately ended up not going into radio, but still one of the most meaningful memories from my teenage years.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don’t mind Matthews winning the hart this year, he was great in the regular season and potting 60 goals hasn’t been done in a long time. Stammer was the last one? 10 years ago?

Yep. As I've stated in the past, the true MVP award is the Lindsay and eclipses the Hart now. When the guys you actually play against vote you the best in the league, you're the best in the league. No matter what the voting media say.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Calgary with the locker room narrative about one guy beating them to make themselves feel better about the loss, not even realizing what a self-own that is :laugh:
If one guy is beating them they should just forfeit the series . Saying this just makes them look bad . Remember all those idiots bash they Oilers about going to 7 games to beat the Kings ? I hope the Oilers finish the Flames in 5 games which should say a lot about those idiots

My brother is a Flames fan . Was text me about kicking ass as soon as we tied it 3-3 in game 2 no more texting . He did ask me the score after 2 periods last night . I told him and he said he stop watching because the Flames always choke . I find Flames fans quit on their team as fast as the Flames quit .

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Yep. As I've stated in the past, the true MVP award is the Lindsay and eclipses the Hart now. When the guys you actually play against vote you the best in the league, you're the best in the league. No matter what the voting media say.
Absolutely. You can imagine it matters a while lot more to the players what other actual players think over some piece of shit like Spector or Matheson.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
We still need to win two more but I still remember those Flames fans telling me it's gonna be Flames in 5....where are they now?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
DeAngelo over Barrie would have had a waterfall effect that would’ve made this team so much better on paper.

Having DeAngelo on the team, we could have made a huge push to sign Larsson with the cap space and subsequently wouldn’t have traded for Keith.

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Kulak - Ceci

Probably need an upgrade still on 2LD but I like that a lot better. Keith/Barrie out, Jones/Larsson + goalie help in
Yeah, if we had signed DeAngelo I'm sure Larsson's dad would've miraculously come back to life & all would have been good.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Even Nurse took a punch to the face with out retaliating . Good to see the team picking their battles . I also like Archibald jumped on Lucic back , mind you he looked so small there not sure Lucic noticed
These guys are showing that cooler heads prevail. I was asking for the Oilers to take runs at any Flame after the “clean” hit on Kulak’s head by Tkachuk game 1. Then again I was losing it with no fight back in game 2 (I even turned it off).

It’s a good thing I’m not the Oilers coach lol. Acting like an big dumb orc when upset is bad?? Ahh

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Kulak - Ceci

Yeah, no. I'm ok with what we got. And you seem to forget, Larsson was given an offer to stay, but chose Seattle. He was gonna leave, even if we offered him 5m+. He made his mind up. Keith wasn't a need from the team. Chicago was doing him a favor, to bring him closer to his son. It's not like Holland got desperate and needed Keith. Heck, he even ASKED the players if they wanted Keith as a teammate and everyone said YES. So no, we wouldn't be better. And where is DeAngelo? Scratched?

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Couldn’t agree more.
These panels are just so bad. I miss Coach’s Corner for certain things, I miss Don saluting the troops and him recognizing the hardworking checkers on the team
Instead we’ve got Ron “Cold Porridge” MacLean quoting a minute of Bob Seger song lyrics pretending to be a deep thinker. God he’s become such a CBC drone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad