Post-Game Talk: Oilers put up a complete and flashy performance - Smith with the shutout*

Which was more Oilgasmic?

• Total voters

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Instead we’ve got Ron “Cold Porridge” MacLean quoting a minute of Bob Seger song lyrics pretending to be a deep thinker. God he’s become such a CBC drone.
Nail on the head with this. Ron, just going through the motions.
Ron making George Strombolopoulos’ stint on cbc look not bad lol

Shad5150

Aug 2, 2005
West Kelowna, BC
CP has been a major disappointment the last few days. They accept that McDavid is the best player in the world and that our stars are vastly outplaying their stars. There is a couple of knuckleheads who want to injure mcD but most have been pretty level headed.

I feel so cheated as it is usually more fun on their boards after a loss than it is on our boards after a win.
Patience. We win this series and Johnny Hobbit leaves, we can mine grade 'A' salt there for decades.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Nail on the head with this. Ron, just going through the motions.
Ron making George Strombolopoulos’ stint on cbc look not bad lol
Omg that brings back bad memories. I hardly EVER watched him. The few times I did it was like watching Zoolander do the news, but only if Zoolander was just as stupid, but also breathtakingly arrogant.

Reactions: Oilers

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's just the thing even on ice, Oilers scored more againsthe Kings and allowed way less in the first 3 games than against the FLames. Kings took Oilers to 7 games. The series could still go either way even if Flames are at the disadvantage.
Of course the series can go either way. It's 2-1, not 3-0. I would still that the flames have the better chance of winning in fact.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
DeAngelo over Barrie would have had a waterfall effect that would’ve made this team so much better on paper.

Having DeAngelo on the team, we could have made a huge push to sign Larsson with the cap space and subsequently wouldn’t have traded for Keith.

Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bouchard
Kulak - Ceci

Probably need an upgrade still on 2LD but I like that a lot better. Keith/Barrie out, Jones/Larsson + goalie help in
‘So much better on paper’ that he isn’t even listed in your pairings? And Jones on the second pair? With Bouchard? Lol. No thank you. Adam Larsson is so over-rated on this board.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Kevin Weekes was just on Tim and Friends glowing about how good Connor has been. And after singing his praises, he paused and stated that he wanted to point out that Matthews was on the same level. My god, these guys can't pass up a chance to pander to the Toronto crowd.
Him and Tim had a great point. Look at the superstars from other sports: Curry, James, Tiger Woods, etc. The superstars are aging. It goes to tennis, football, soccer, even track and field.

McDavid is the top athlete on the planet in any sport at this time.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
CP has been a major disappointment the last few days. They accept that McDavid is the best player in the world and that our stars are vastly outplaying their stars. There is a couple of knuckleheads who want to injure mcD but most have been pretty level headed.

I feel so cheated as it is usually more fun on their boards after a loss than it is on our boards after a win.

Honestly, not trying humanize Flames fans with this being the internet and all, but Flames fans when you actually get talking hockey with them in person will admit to enjoying watching McDavid play.

To a person they all agree McDavid >>> Matthews.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Eh, I'm happy for them.

Besides, I'll enjoy any victory we have for us.

And we're not out of the woods yet, need to make sure we learned from round 1.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Honestly, not trying humanize Flames fans with this being the internet and all, but Flames fans when you actually get talking hockey with them in person will admit to enjoying watching McDavid play.
I’d like to introduce you to my cowtown relatives. Not a shred of common sense or hockey understanding in the bunch. I’m ashamed to be related.

And we're not out of the woods yet, need to make sure we learned from round 1.
This. That’s why I ignored the above mentioned relatives gloating emails after game one. Won’t talk to them until the series is over.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I understand the hype after the win as an oiler fan but

This is just disappointing to see, just uncalled for...
Leave the chirping to the players on the ice.
No matter who the opponent is, show some respect.
Smh as a fan of hockey, this was a very low brow moment if this guy was really an oiler fan.
I hope he apologizes and acts with a little more tact next time he see's a opposing player from another team.
BOA has truly waned when this is going to far. I thought it wasn't that bad...maybe a little less classy then I'd be, but this is nothing compared to what it used to be like. There used to be genuine hate between these cities. This is gentle ribbing, nothing more. I bet those Flames players laughed it off and wished they were back home in their own beds. Good!

This is coming from a life long Oiler fan who has lived in Onterrible my whole life.

Relax and enjoy.

Reactions: gordonhught

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad