Speculation: Oilers preparing to offer sheet an RFA Defenseman?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I hope they do offersheet somebody and then get screwed when Drai and McD are offer sheeted

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The only player that I could see them doing this for is Lindholm. I doubt it generally speaking.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
No. You OS Lindholm. Buffalo will match. Anaheim might match.

No, Anaheim will match, and any offer sheet that makes Anaheim hesitate will cost you four 1st round picks.

As an internal budget team? I don't know. $7M could do it.

7x7 puts you in the four 1st round pick category.

Exactly. OS Lindholm. Contend for the cup for many years. And then OS the Ducks #1D again in 4 years

That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dumba might be the easiest and not even a long term contract. 4-5 million for 3 years would hit Minnesota hard.

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
The only player that I could see them doing this for is Lindholm. I doubt it generally speaking.

IMO thats the least likely. Chia has clearly stated they want an offensive RHD. Like he's really stressing the Right shot, like a lot.

Trouba and Barrie are more intriguing to me personally.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
People are really damn stupid if they are counting Nurse out by the age of 21

No one is counting him out, just being realistic about projection. He's going to be a top 4 defensive D. Good player to have in the mold of a Willie Mitchell type player.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
They keep saying "the toughest minutes in the nhl" but they got blasted while doing so. Advanced stats are terrible, he had the 3rd highest save percentage in the league(>60 games)

Sub .500 corsi in all situations, 13th highest pdo in the league over 60 games.

This just tells me Schneider is a top 3 goalie haha. Jury is still out on Larsson

The Devils were 8th in shots against. Much blasting.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
They dont even have the picks to do it

Not sure if true or not but I read somewhere that with these compensation picks for GM's they can be pushed back a year if it's an offer sheet. So the 2nd going to Boston would be in 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad