Speculation: Oilers preparing to offer sheet an RFA Defenseman?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets match any conceivable offer sheet from the Oilers. If they don't like the term, they'll turn around and trade him to the Bruins or some other team.

If the Oilers offer sheet Trouba, be prepared for the Jets to bring the hammer down on Draisaitl and Puljujarvi in a few seasons.

Except they can't trade him, and if the Jets- who will have their own contracts to deal with- want to surrender picks to a team out of spite, that's their prerogative.

Draisaitl can be extended starting this summer and Puljujarvi won't be a priority in Winnipeg as a right wing- but hey, if they want to overpay and clear out their picks for a position they don't need, who are we to stop them?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
You want to pay Connor Murphy or Michael Stone >5.7avg AND give Arizona your 2017 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? I'd say go right ahead, but doesn't Boston own your 2nd rounder?

I don't think any team will take a 1st and a 3rd for any of those names when they could just match and offer that's <5.7m

NHLPA filed a grievance about the coaching/management compensation and won, essentially it means we can kick the draft pick compensation off for another year if we successfully use it in an offersheet.

Heres a link, the grammar will appear off since the source article is in French.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Here's a deal for the Oilers

Paul Postma for RNH & 2017 1st rd pick

;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We could use him on our bottom pair. But he would be better served to learn in the AHL. Plus I think if he plays in the AHL we don't have to use a protection spot on him at the expansion draft next summer.
Ah that makes more sense, I knew he was having a little trouble but didn't seem that bad thst he would get sent down. Kinda figured he was in the same range as Theodore.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Jets match any conceivable offer sheet from the Oilers. If they don't like the term, they'll turn around and trade him to the Bruins or some other team.

If the Oilers offer sheet Trouba, be prepared for the Jets to bring the hammer down on Draisaitl and Puljujarvi in a few seasons.

bring it on man!!! grrrrrr

:laugh: j/k

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers would take Ristolainen over Lindholm 10\10 times ..

too bad they have 0% chance on either. With Hall+ they couldve had a shot at Risto..

No. You OS Lindholm. Buffalo will match. Anaheim might match.

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
Offer sheet Ristolainen for 7x8,5 and almost solve your problems with D.

Edit. Or 9,5.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I'm assuming he departed to the AHL, where he could probably use another year of seasoning before being in the NHL.

Nurse in the AHL............. but FAYNE and REINHART on his list. No sir. He FORGOT about the guy. :laugh:

Nurse will be playing in Edmonton. We actually have no real need for another defender at this point.

Klefbom Larsson

Nurse Sekera

Davidson Fayne

Reinhart

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
wow.. so clever ..
wondering how others never thought about these clever Oilers overpayment proposals..

Ah come on now, laughter is the best cure for all things negative.

Paul has barely started to show his potential, scraping the surface and he's cheap compared to yesterday's trade. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With the buyout of Lori Korpiskoski today the Oilers will be sitting with 14.4 million in cap space(not including 3.25m for Ference on LTIR all season).
Current Projected Defence

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

EDIT: Yes, I meant Larsson. It's bad enough he's on the top pair but I still have to add Fayne on the roster was worse

Tyson Barrie, Michael Stone, Matthew Dumba, Cody Ceci, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Connor Murphy.

Which teams would be the most vulnerable?

Nurse played 71 games last season but can't make the top 7?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
No it won't, we'd match and move out some other salary. BM has already said as much himself.

Not a chance you let a Dman like that go for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, much less to a division opponent.

We don't know until it happens. The Ducks can talk a big game but internal constraints are a bigger factor.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd do the 4 1st from the Oilers. We don't need the picks
Lol would be a better investment for you guys tbh, Lindholm and let's say lucic make you guys a pretty scary team.

And we all know you guys can't draft dmen anyway :naughty:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Lol would be a better investment for you guys tbh, Lindholm and let's say lucic make you guys a pretty scary team.

And we all know you guys can't draft dmen anyway :naughty:

Exactly. OS Lindholm. Contend for the cup for many years. And then OS the Ducks #1D again in 4 years

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
We don't know until it happens. The Ducks can talk a big game but internal constraints are a bigger factor.

The Ducks are trying to win right now. They're not going to let their best Dman walk for anything reasonable in order to retain lesser players. You're kidding yourself if you think a Dman of that age and caliber is falling in your lap for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Nurse in the AHL............. but FAYNE and REINHART on his list. No sir. He FORGOT about the guy. :laugh:

Nurse will be playing in Edmonton. We actually have no real need for another defender at this point.

Klefbom Larsson

Nurse Sekera

Davidson Fayne

Reinhart
No I ****ing didn't. He should have been in the AHL last year but the Oilers had so many injuries they had to recall him. He was a tougher version of Yakupov on the backend. He looked like he was chasing bees on the ice.
They need to develop this kid properly and he's definitely not playing on the right side.
Stick to jumping on the Bolts bandwagon because you're clueless about the Oilers

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Nurse played 71 games last season but can't make the top 7?
If you had watched any of those 71 games you would know he was part of the problem not the solution. Why does every draft pick have to make the roster for the Oilers right out of Jr?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I swear I'd the Oilers offer sheet Ristolainen like they did Vanek...
Buffalo, with their $19+M in cap space would easily match. But it would still make me mad as h*ll.

Be ready for an offer sheet for one of edmonton's many young players coming back at you down the road, if they do OS Risto.
They better not let McDavid anywhere near RFA. Guarantee someone would offer him a max contract (probably Tim Murray).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad