Speculation: Oilers preparing to offer sheet an RFA Defenseman?

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
A lot of that cap space will be eaten up by entry level bonuses. Plus FA signings (Lucic? Demers? etc?)

Omac13

Sep 10, 2010
Newfoundland
With the buyout of Lori Korpiskoski today the Oilers will be sitting with 14.4 million in cap space(not including 3.25m for Ference on LTIR all season).
Current Projected Defence

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

EDIT: Yes, I meant Larsson. It's bad enough he's on the top pair but I still have to add Fayne on the roster was worse

Tyson Barrie, Michael Stone, Matthew Dumba, Cody Ceci, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Connor Murphy.

Which teams would be the most vulnerable?

Oilers give up on Nurse already? Send him the Leafs way. We will take him

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You want to pay Connor Murphy or Michael Stone >5.7avg AND give Arizona your 2017 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? I'd say go right ahead, but doesn't Boston own your 2nd rounder?

I don't think any team will take a 1st and a 3rd for any of those names when they could just match and offer that's <5.7m

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That is rumoured to have already happened with Minnesota.
Dumba looks to have the offense that would fit.

It's rumored that Edmonton already sent an OS to Dumba?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This whole OS thing is just so overblown. I consider it a fool's errand to bank on this strategy.

I thought Demers was rumored to be signing with the Oilers tomorrow? While it may not be sexy, adding Larsson and Demers is going to help their blue line.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
With the buyout of Lori Korpiskoski today the Oilers will be sitting with 14.4 million in cap space(not including 3.25m for Ference on LTIR all season).
Current Projected Defence

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-XXXX
Davidson-Fayne
Reinhart

EDIT: Yes, I meant Larsson. It's bad enough he's on the top pair but I still have to add Fayne on the roster was worse

Tyson Barrie, Michael Stone, Matthew Dumba, Cody Ceci, Rasmus Ristolainen, and Connor Murphy.

Which teams would be the most vulnerable?

I would like to request a moment of silence for the sad departure of Darnell Nurse into THIN AIR.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Offer sheet Trouba between 7.250 million (1 st, 2nd, 3rd round pick) or say
F**k it and offer him like 8 million.

Jets match any conceivable offer sheet from the Oilers. If they don't like the term, they'll turn around and trade him to the Bruins or some other team.

If the Oilers offer sheet Trouba, be prepared for the Jets to bring the hammer down on Draisaitl and Puljujarvi in a few seasons.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would like to request a moment of silence for the sad departure of Darnell Nurse into THIN AIR.

I'm assuming he departed to the AHL, where he could probably use another year of seasoning before being in the NHL.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
This whole OS thing is just so overblown. I consider it a fool's errand to bank on this strategy.

I thought Demers was rumored to be signing with the Oilers tomorrow? While it may not be sexy, adding Larsson and Demers is going to help their blue line.
Demers and Larsson are too similar. The Oilers need a PPQB and Stauffer hinted he didn't think Demers was an option anymore.

With the Oilers not actually having a 2nd next year to trade the OS might be their only option(with the coach compensation slide clause)

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is nurse really that bad he can't crack Edm dwfwnsw

He's 21. Is it really a stretch to think he should be in the AHL for now? He'll get better over time, that's usually what 21 year olds do.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Jets match any conceivable offer sheet from the Oilers. If they don't like the term, they'll turn around and trade him to the Bruins or some other team.

If the Oilers offer sheet Trouba, be prepared for the Jets to bring the hammer down on Draisaitl and Puljujarvi in a few seasons.
You can't match and trade :shakehead

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Drink lots of water down there because clearly dehydration has set in. It's not a mirage but the AHL does exist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad