Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He layed a gentle push on Pasta and you flex like he's Probert. It's really a nothing play at the whistle between 2 players in a playoff game, but you can keep making something out of it if you want, sure.

No I am not, in fact I am doing the opposite. If that was Reaves doing it to Pasta I am not saying anything. But this is a 21 year old kid making your 11M franchise winger look like a scared boy

Reactions: Habssince89

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
No I am not, in fact I am doing the opposite. If that was Reaves doing it to Pasta I am not saying anything. But this is a 21 year old kid making your 11M franchise winger look like a scared boy
So the Bruins biggest scoring threat should be drawn into taking a stupid penalty after a whistle in a close game late? That's a great idea. Is this your first time watching the playoffs?

Reactions: Barnum

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So the Bruins biggest scoring threat should be drawn into taking a stupid penalty after a whistle in a close game late? That's a great idea. Is this your first time watching the playoffs?

He was trying to take a stupid penalty on Rielly. Got scared of the 21 year old rookie though.

Matthew Knies has the same goals as Pastrnak this series and more 5v5 goals - it would probably be a good trade off for Boston.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
He was trying to take a stupid penalty on Rielly. Got scared of the 21 year old rookie though.
Got a video of it?
Matthew Knies has the same goals as Pasternak this series - it would probably be a good trade off for Boston.
I'm not sure Knees has the same level of defensive attention from his opponent as a guy like Pasta or Matthews has had.

Pasta does need to step up his offense still.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Got a video of it?

I'm not sure Knees has the same level of defensive attention from his opponent as a guy like Pasta or Matthews has had.

Pasta does need to step up his offense still.

I’m glad you acknowledge defence attention. You must realize how much of an advantage Boston then has with either Matthews or Nylander out every game this series.

Here’s the video:

Doesn’t look like Pastrnak was scared to take a penalty against Rielly. Knies shows up and says try that with me and Pastrnak doesn’t move an inch.

Knies then goes on to score the game winner. You love to see it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And Knies is?

Trying to get him to take a penatly aka hide behind the ref and flop if touched? IDK, being laughed at like that is soft. Knies isn't doing that to anyone in the Panthers or Canes top 6
You guys have Mitch Marner who has never, ever entered a scrum.

Reactions: BB79

peter064

Dec 27, 2019

Pastrnak and Marchand did a fist bump before deciding to go and cause more chaos.
Just Pastrnak quickly retreated behind the ref and pointed at Reilly to try and get a penalty call on Reilly.

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce and BB79

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Matthew Knies has the same goals as Pastrnak this series and more 5v5 goals - it would probably be a good trade off for Boston.
That's some wonderful logic there - I guess you'd also agree Matthews should fight Frederic in a close game, given he has more goals it's a good trade off for the Leafs right?

Reactions: PainForShane

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

It's simple. If you don't want to play that game then don't start it. But once you start it, you are made to look weak when you get laughed off the ice

You guys have Mitch Marner who has never, ever entered a scrum.

You would have a point if Marner was starting things with some cheap shots and then not answering.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's some wonderful logic there - I guess you'd also agree Matthews should fight Frederic in a close game, given he has more goals it's a good trade off for the Leafs right?

Matthews wouldn't go around looking for someone to fight though. Pastrnak picks and chooses weaker guys which is why it looks bad.

Matthews wouldn't engage with anyone. However, if he's picking on a little guy and then skated away from a rookie - I would agree.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's simple. If you don't want to play that game then don't start it. But once you start it, you are made to look weak when you get laughed off the ice

You would have a point if Marner was starting things with some cheap shots and then not answering.
Or, stay with me, my point was Marner doesn't enter the scrums. He was outside looking in like usual, then Marchand went at him and he proceeded to stand there.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Matthews wouldn't go around looking for someone to fight though. Pastrnak picks and chooses weaker guys which is why it looks bad.

Matthews wouldn't engage with anyone. However, if he picking on a little guy and then skated away from a rookie - I would agree.
And it would be a good trade off for the Leafs right? Getting 1 goal Matthews off the ice for 3 goal frederic?

Reactions: PainForShane

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Leafs are the most praised and scrutinized team in Canada. the media hypes them up to unrealistic status and if someone has to poops frequently the all turn against them.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Matthews wasn't even playing.

Bruins still lost.
Yep, 2-1 in OT after (Boston) playing one of the worst periods of hockey I've ever watched them play. Leafs won, congratulations. Series isn't over, but if it ends with the Bruins winning I'm sure you've got a list as long as Santa Claus' riddled with excuses to why.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Or, stay with me, my point was Marner doesn't enter the scrums. He was outside looking in like usual, then Marchand went at him and he proceeded to stand there.

Marner is not pretending to be a tough guy or a greasy guy though. If Marner was acting up and then Marchand or anyone else came up and asked him to answer for the cheapshot I would have to agree with you.

I understand Pasta is not there to be a tough guy and fight other teams power forwards. But then don't back down from not 1 guy (Rielly) but 2 (Knies) and hide behind the ref.

For context, here is is running from Rielly as well moments before

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Yep, 2-1 in OT after (Boston) playing one of the worst periods of hockey I've ever watched them play. Leafs won, congratulations. Series isn't over, but if it ends with the Bruins winning I'm sure you've got a list as long as Santa Claus' riddled with excuses to why.

Teams usually do play bad periods when they're dominated. It's how it works.

Bruins are gifted injuries to all the Leafs top players and they're likely going to blow it still.

So you're agreeing it's stupid for your best player to take himself off the ice for a depth player then. Thanks for playing

Pastrnak is not the Bruins best player.

I'd rather they take Marchand/Swayman/Frederik/DeBrusk off the ice over Pasta. Bruins fans seem to think Pastrnak is more valuable than he is.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Bruins are gifted injuries to all the Leafs top players and they're likely going to blow it still.

I'd rather they take Marchand/Swayman/Frederik/DeBrusk off the ice over Pasta. Bruins fans seem to think Pastrnak is more valuable than he is.
This is remarkably ironic.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Yeah no doubt the guy with almost 40 points more than the next highest guy isn't their best player. Sure bud

Reactions: BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad