Post-Game Talk: Oilers played with more jam

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If I was Travis Green I might've had shit stains on my shorts after the first couple McDavid shifts. He set the tone very early.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Did anyone else notice in the first 10ish minutes or so McDavid was feisty a couple of almost huge hits.

Don't recall him doing that often
It seems whenever McDavid has a game that the fans deem bad he goes into beast mode the next game.

It must just scare defenders when they see that. He is so fast and shifty that you have no idea what he's going to do.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Oilers32.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing I loved yesterday even with no fans the way McDavid was cheering looking into the stands when he scored.

I don't think there were any Oilers were he was looking, could be wrong though.

Reactions: Smartguy

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
If I was Travis Green I might've had shit stains on my shorts after the first couple McDavid shifts. He set the tone very early.
Right off the bat I was like no way they lose. People love to criticize Mcdavid when they aren’t winning, last night was 101 on why he’s far and away the best player in the world, nobody was stopping him.

The whole team followed him also, all around I thought they were good. Draisaitl will get lost behind Mcdavid but he was dominant too.

Demko played good or that game would have been a runaway before the third period.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
McLeod should get a look, but Khaira is good on the PK.

We blanked the Canucks both games including 0/5 tonight on the PP by them.
Everyone is good on the PK if you have a good coach to teach the systems. Remember the Diamond formation fiasco? There’s a reason the pk percentage went way up when Tippet and Co came in.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Next game:
RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Nygard - Turris - Puljujarvi
Ennis - Shore - Archibald

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
One thing I loved yesterday even with no fans the way McDavid was cheering looking into the stands when he scored.

I don't think there were any Oilers were he was looking, could be wrong though.
He was looking at us virtually :) . Its probably just a natural reaction after scoring a goal once you have scored 1000+ goals Peewee level onwards

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yes they are - just not a fan of them.
I don’t mind them for the third jersey, but if they ever switch to their first string I won’t like them. It’s good for a change, but don’t want to see them all the time

I’m a Boston Red Sox fan, and it’s the same with their third jerseys. I love the red and dark blue, but don’t want to see that day in and day out. I’m a plain jane guy

granted, I don’t really like the orange either. I miss the royal blue a lot.

Reactions: FMichael

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Next game:
RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Nygard - Turris - Puljujarvi
Ennis - Shore - Archibald

My somewhat bold thinking is that RNH prefers Yamamoto as his linemate over McDavid at ES.

I would go bold and do:
McD-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Kahun-RNH-Yama
Neal-Turris-Kassian
Ennis-McLeod-Archibald

extras:Nygard, Haas, Shore
punted: Chiasson, Khaira

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
They aren't that bad...come on. They are actually pretty nice.
meh at best. I like the lighter blue jerseys that I saw on wednesday. Not sure if it were the Avs or Jets.
Buffalo colors look good too. Ours are good for glowing in the dark.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Did anyone catch the look on Barrie's face in the goal celly where McDavid danced then zinged the twisted wrister? They mentioned it on SN so I went back and looked for it.

I think he's pretty happy to have to only face him in practice. It was like a kid who got the fanciest new bike on the block for his birthday type look :laugh:.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Jack Michaels 1-0

Solid game throughout. Was worried that this was going to turn into a fluke win by the Canucks after so much early pressure by the Oilers with no goals. Demko played great. Not many of those goals could be stopped.

Yamamoto should be on the PP1 although he will get killed infront of the net.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Right off the bat I was like no way they lose. People love to criticize Mcdavid when they aren’t winning, last night was 101 on why he’s far and away the best player in the world, nobody was stopping him.

The whole team followed him also, all around I thought they were good. Draisaitl will get lost behind Mcdavid but he was dominant too.

Demko played good or that game would have been a runaway before the third period.
I think it's worth mentioning that Koskinen had a decent game as well. Not allowing a goal to keep the momentum was huge was us as well.

I feel because of his size it never looks like he actually makes great saves, but the guy had a real good bounce back game and didn't allow a poorly timed goal that deflated the club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad