Post-Game Talk: Oilers played with more jam

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Those jerseys are a hundred times nicer than the orange.

Reverse retros are the nicest of all.
s-l500.jpg
+
s-l500.jpg

The above jersey pairing seem to fit well/work well together...I like it!

s-l500.jpg
+
s-l500.jpg

The reverse retro seems to do great with the Oilers current 'home' jersey - they seem a perfect pairing for home/away...I also like it!

s-l500.jpg

This should've been smothered at birth...FUGLY!

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
It seems whenever McDavid has a game that the fans deem bad he goes into beast mode the next game.

It must just scare defenders when they see that. He is so fast and shifty that you have no idea what he's going to do.
Holy crap was McDavid bad last night. Very sad performance. The captain needs to smarten up for Saturday game. No way he gets past Weber or beat Price.

Reactions: joestevens29

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
JP is better on the forecheck than Kassian it seems.

if JP plays most of the year like he did tonight, I think we will all be very happy. How about that no look behind the back pass out front he had?

He was awesome all game long. Just hounding Hughes when he had the puck and was forcing him
into mistakes. The first game he had a nice strip from behind on Hughes and he continued that strong play last game too.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
My somewhat bold thinking is that RNH prefers Yamamoto as his linemate over McDavid at ES.

I would go bold and do:
McD-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Kahun-RNH-Yama
Neal-Turris-Kassian
Ennis-McLeod-Archibald

extras:Nygard, Haas, Shore
punted: Chiasson, Khaira
I think I would kinda split the difference

Nuge - McDavid - Ennis
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Puljujarvi
Archibald - Shore - Kassian

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
s-l500.jpg
+
s-l500.jpg

The above jersey pairing seem to fit well/work well together...I like it!

s-l500.jpg
+
s-l500.jpg

The reverse retro seems to do great with the Oilers current 'home' jersey - they seem a perfect pairing for home/away...I also like it!

s-l500.jpg

This should've been smothered at birth...FUGLY!

OR...

s-l500.jpg
AND
s-l500.jpg

OR

s-l500.jpg
AND
s-l500.jpg

???

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Always nice waking up after a win. Miss that feeling. Didn't really get it during the play-in rounds because hope was kind of lost at that point

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
One player and his progression seems like a complete analog to Koekkoek. Steve Staios. Staios was essentially bouncing around until his mid-20s when he had a good season with Atlanta. He then signed with the Oilers and became a fixture in the top 4 for about 6 seasons. Koekkoek plays a very similar game to Staios too, maximum effort, smart and simple, heady. He might be a real find and could really mitigate the possible (if not likely) departure of Larsson this coming summer.

Reactions: TB12

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I think I would kinda split the difference

Nuge - McDavid - Ennis
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Puljujarvi
Archibald - Shore - Kassian
split the diff? you ruined it all Mr JMJ!!!
where is the McDrai magic? where is the Nuge-Yama chem?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I had a couple hiccups, but overall I came away impressed with his play and his skill level was better then I was expecting.
I would be lying if I saw this awesome signing coming as well. What I like about our left side D is they're mainly shutdown guys. The right side is reserveD for our offensive D

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We won 5-2, not sure I'm doing much to the lines.

Sure the goals all came from guys that play on the first line, but the first 3 lines were all playing quite well getting chances yesterday.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Looking at ice time last night it appears that Chiasson is slowly playing his way off the starting roster. He does have ability but the street car called desire doesn't come his way too often.

I guess 3 years will be his maximum stay with any NHL club.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Underrated on that McDavid goal, but if you watch it, Barrie had a big role to play. He faked like he was getting the drop pass and made one step to the left as if he had it, while McDavid grabbed it and stepped right. It was enough to throw the defenceman off just enough to open up a bit of space.

High IQ stuff.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but in Mcdavids post game he said he thinks Barrie thought the pass was for himself.

Either way though, it turned out to be a beautiful part of that play.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'll be honest after Demko made those 3 or 4 monster saves to start the game I thought he was going to be a wall.

He still was a wall and kept the score respectable for his side. They could have easily hung 8 or 9 up on the board. Hell, even on the hat trick goal he robbed McDavid initially. Luckily he didn't snag the puck with his glove but just knocked it down instead.

That said Koskinen, despite playing both games also had a very solid game in net as well. He faced up around 40 shots last night.

Reactions: GOilers88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad