GDT: Oilers @ Penguins | Heat @ Condors | "Dual-ing GDTs" | Feb 13 | 6 PM / 7:30 PM | SN / Streaming

Who will win on Feb 13?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I have no ****ng idea why Jesse hasn't been stapled to RNH's side for months already with Khaira or Looch as their LW. If Jesse is playing on the 4th line then ffs send him down. This move has showcase written all over it IMO and I don't like it because we won't get sweet **** all in return for him right now.

I hope it’s not a showcase. Hope it’s the fact we have zero winger depth and Jesse has actually been one of our better producing RW with his limited top 6 minutes.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So malkin might be suspended for this game? Do we have a chance
no, only scenario where we win is if they have to make an emergency goalie call up like tonight in Vancouver....but knowing us we would get shut out....so nvm.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
no, only scenario where we win is if they have to make an emergency goalie call up like tonight in Vancouver....but knowing us we would get shut out....so nvm.

You know we always get shut out playing a teams emergency rookie goalie. Same as we always get scored on by the guy in the 25 game slump. Same as we always get the shit kicked out of us playing a team we are supposed to beat. Mind you there aren’t many of those anymore.

Reactions: nabob and Mez

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oooh it’s a nationally televised game! Another chance to show the great nation of America and it’s 1,500 viewers just how incompetent the Oilers are.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
As much as people complain about the SN broadcasts, it's not like many of the others are that much better.

Just imagine if Pierre was between the benches for every game instead of Louie.

Outside of Remenda and Gene if he's over the top, I don't mind our broadcasts.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
As much as people complain about the SN broadcasts, it's not like many of the others are that much better.

Just imagine if Pierre was between the benches for every game instead of Louie.
Some of the American ones are brutal. They have guys that aren't even hockey guys doing play by play and color.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
How is Klefbom doing?

Is he going back soon on the first PP? Wondering if I should put him back in my fantasy alignment soon.

Thanks! :)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How is Klefbom doing?

Is he going back soon on the first PP? Wondering if I should put him back in my fantasy alignment soon.

The only Oilers worth having in Fantasy are McDavid and Drai. Far better options for everyone else.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How is Klefbom doing?

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Darnell Nurse has 22pts since slotting into assignments due to the Klefbom injury. The PP has improved with Nurse in there and with him being a notable part of it.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The only Oilers worth having in Fantasy are McDavid and Drai. Far better options for everyone else.

Not in my fantasy league... It is a quite complex one, with salary cap and where the players are owned by each team. We have only a 4 players reserve list, and my only defenseman on it is Klefbom. I think it is fair to expect him to outscore Victor Mete who is now on my starting line-up... especially if he can feed the puck to McDavid on the first PP.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not gonna happen anytime soon. Darnell Nurse has 22pts since slotting into assignments due to the Klefbom injury. The PP has improved with Nurse in there and with him being a notable part of it.

Sucks for me, I guess. Always thought of Klefbom being more offensively gifted than Nurse.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I have no ****ng idea why Jesse hasn't been stapled to RNH's side for months already with Khaira or Looch as their LW. If Jesse is playing on the 4th line then ffs send him down. This move has showcase written all over it IMO and I don't like it because we won't get sweet **** all in return for him right now.

Nah, showcase is what the Hawks are doing with Caggiulia now who they might turn into a better return at TDL or next year. Showcasing would be elevating Pulju, not burying him in the lineup. What the Oilers are doing with Pulju resembles more what a team would be doing if they don't want to waste protecting him in the expansion draft and are just warehousing him. Bad move, I agree, but this is not showcasing at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sucks for me, I guess. Always thought of Klefbom being more offensively gifted than Nurse.

Nurses top end, offensively looks higher whereas Klefbom is better defensively and especially policing the scoring areas around his net. He's become more physical it seems with a healthy shoulder. Darnell has dialed back the physical compete in a lot of games. Not sure why. Darnell did play a recent game with bad intent and was clobbering people for having the puck near his cage. That's how he has to play around his net.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurses top end, offensively looks higher whereas Klefbom is better defensively and especially policing the scoring areas around his net. He's become more physical it seems with a healthy shoulder. Darnell has dialed back the physical compete in a lot of games. Not sure why. Darnell did play a recent game with bad intent and was clobbering people for having the puck near his cage. That's how he has to play around his net.
The thing is, even a super physical Nurse is terrible defensively, the only difference is he spends more time in the box. He tends to be physical for the sake of it, it doesn't tend to enhance his defensive game.

Reactions: B33K33PING
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad