Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose to Preds 2-0, Haven't Scored in Years

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sadly... of all the teams the Oilers play in their 1st 12 games... the Preds were the team they have done the best against over the last 5 years.

This could be a really cold October.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There is still a small part of me that feels when they do finally open the gates they will blow some team away. However that might not be until eberle gets back

Too soft/perimeter oriented to score goals 5-on-5. If they can figure out what the hell they're doing on the PP then they'll get some goals.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
It's only been two games, and there's no reason to panic.

Talbot looks great. Let's hope we can start generating some offense next game VS Dallas.

callighenfan

Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
Beyond the individual errors, the biggest problem I'm seeing on offense is that the defensemen look like they're shooting through a briarpatch at a quark. Every shot either goes wide or gets blocked.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
I actually thought we played pretty well. Nashville is just a really good team with a great defence.

Justin Schultz looked really good. He's got confidence.
Talbot is good.

I think our defence has to work on its shooting. It feels like they missed the net 80% of the time.
Yet are still people that are calling Schult terrible.

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
During the PP? Definitely. It made it simple for the preds to clear the puck.

I don't get it - and I think that's what Sharks fans warned us about. We better change our game plan because were not exactly a team built on puck retrieval especially against a team like Nashville.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
That Sekera turnover was one of the worst I've ever seen in my life.

Marc-Andre Bergeron and Tom Poti shake their heads at the play.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Teddy Purcell and Ference need to be gone. Both such terrible players right now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He looked good with Pouliot and McDavid.

I'd give him a longer look with McDavid, but if he still can't produce ... his days here are pretty much numbered. And if they don't seriously get it going, I think big chunks of that previous rebuild are going to move next summer.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
They were the better team tonight. If not for two ******** giveaways, this game would be in OT right now. Super frustrating that they've been so anemic offensively though. They have to start scoring soon, right?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Last year: couldn't make a save to save their lives

This year: can't score a goal to save their lives

French and Purcell are deadweight. Yakupov doesn't mesh well with anyone. Talbot played good

He's been one of the best forwards this entire pre/season.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Pretty frustrating that a team this desperate to get off to a decent start as much as we are just can't get anything going offensively.

If Ference could never play for the Oilers again, that would be just grand.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
I would like to say that the forwards are soon. Their jobs defensively which is pretty awesome... Both goals were due to completely stupid defensmen give aways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad