Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose to Preds 2-0, Haven't Scored in Years

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Super frustrating.

Lots of people in this thread are going to make ridiculous overstatements, just as we saw in the last five or six pages of the GDT.

Bad PP and brutal mistakes from D (Sekera will need to sharpen up and Ference will need to never play another NHL game) are the real big downers. Otherwise they outchanced, out-possessed and outshot one of the best defensive groups and one of the best home teams in the NHL.

Dallas is coming? Thank god, an awful defensive team. We may actually score a goal.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Its against St Louis and Nashville. How many people genuinely thought it would be a 7-6 final for both?

Cam Talbot was fantastic, Andrew Ference isnt an NHLer, Hall and Nuge were dynamic in the third - always good to see.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I know you guys are tired of morale victories or finding silver lining.

But its pretty obvious mclellan has finally got a system thats being taught. And the speed skill and confidence comes with time.

Thats how i feel anyway

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm just going to come straight out and say it. If it was Dallas Eakins behind the bench, this forum would be up in arms about the coaching decisions made thus far this season and it's a long list.

Purcell getting fed 1st line minutes and tons of PP time
Reinhart getting scratched for Ference
Korpikoski on McDavid's line
Constant MacBlenders
Purcell out in the final 2 minutes of not one but TWO straight games

Just 2 games and it's way too early to panic but not liking Todd thus far.

4 1st overall picks and not one goal through 2 games and absurdly bad PP. That's an utter disgrace, no way around it

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I'm not mad at how the team is playing (other than the brutal PP), just getting depressing that they can't score.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The staff needs to figure something out about the offense. That was painful to watch. I won't sit through a season of that.

It doesn't help that they're on new lines, under a new coach, with their best RW out with injury, against two of the best defensive teams in the NHL.

But yeah, brutal lack of high level scoring chances these last two games.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
There is still a small part of me that feels when they do finally open the gates they will blow some team away. However that might not be until eberle gets back

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its against St Louis and Nashville. How many people genuinely thought it would be a 7-6 final for both?

Cam Talbot was fantastic, Andrew Ference isnt an NHLer, Hall and Nuge were dynamic in the third - always good to see.

I expected at least a single goal scored by us.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Overall, I thought the Oilers played pretty well.

The difference was Ference being dumbass and our **** PP.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Last year: couldn't make a save to save their lives

This year: can't score a goal to save their lives

French and Purcell are deadweight. Yakupov doesn't mesh well with anyone. Talbot played good

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
they dominated the play for most of the night.

their forecheck gave the Preds fits all night

...visually, they are 100 times better than at anytime in the last 6 years.

..... but..... not a single goal in 120 minutes is a bit disturbing.

and oh yeah. Purcel is hot garbage. and Ference; you're a good guy, but its time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad