Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose the tank battle, win the game

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Currie is a late bloomer than imo is a third line winger right now, possibly more. Him in the top 9 is actually a good improvement on what we have. Kid doesn't know how not to work hard and since he figured out how to score, he adds to his usefulness. I watched some of Yamamoto with Marody and Benson after Currie went up and it looks like Woodcroft is trying to get him to play the same way

Good stuff.
A lot of credit for Currie et al has to go to Woodcroft...he has been a real positive force in Bakersfield.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
He could have done a honorable move by doing a sign and trade deal instead of leaving the Islanders with nothing. He deserves the boo's and chants.
He left them with 9 years of hard work and good solid hockey and they did him the courtesy of pissing away those years and the sweetheart discount contract he signed when they promised to build a winning environment around him.

That dirty f***in rat.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don’t know, Reiders goalless streak is pretty darned intriguing, as to whether he can pot one this year or not.

I dont want to see any Oilers player fail...it would be great to see Rieder break lose in the last 20 games.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Would have been a great game to practice defense although the boys were out shot so kind of hard to on a team like the sens.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
No. Benson stays in the AHL another year. Marody is maybe ready and old enough, along with being physically ready. We can't keep bringing players up to the NHL after 1 successful AHL season because they end up being busts some times . Give them a string of good seasons

Well if management doesn't improve the weak depth he may make the team out of camp at ease.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Currie is a damn good player. I feel better about his game than I ever did on Rattie/Aberg last season when they were on “tryouts” for the following season. Kid works his ass off and has skill to boot. He should be here the rest of the year and probably be given an opportunity with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Reactions: Senor Catface

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Currie is a good example of proper development. Let them marinate for a few years in the AHL (unless they are surefire prospects). This is the approach we need to take with all our draft picks including Bouchard, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, Benson, and so on.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
true highlight of the night

ZD93b6w.jpg

Reactions: Cloned

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Currie is a good example of proper development. Let them marinate for a few years in the AHL (unless they are surefire prospects). This is the approach we need to take with all our draft picks including Bouchard, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, Benson, and so on.
To be fair, Currie is also a lot less skilled than most of our draft picks. There’s a reason he’s like 26 right now and just making it to the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad