Edmonton
I just have to laugh at Russell's "go to" when on a 2 on 1 LOL
giphy.gif
Can’t unsee this.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
He looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock when they were booing him during his video tribute.

Savage Islanders fans in that arena tonight.
Never seen a player get booed during his video tribute before. Usually only before and after. Islanders fans committed to the cause tonight.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
RNH 22:03 (second only to McDavid among forwards)
Gagner 8:52

Nurse 24:50 (team lead)

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I think Tavares' return to the Island semi-showcases how we would react if Connor peaced out to the Leaves. I think Connor definitely took note of how it went. Don't think he would want that.

I get there's all these people out here saying "omfg I wish McDavid was on another team and I would cheer for that team too!" types out there but they are not fans of the Oilers in my view.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Never seen a player get booed during his video tribute before. Usually only before and after. Islanders fans committed to the cause tonight.
He deserved it.. drug the Islanders along so his next team wouldn’t have to subtract from their team to get him. I understand why, but I still find it a dick move

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

As an outside fan it was comical to watch. 100 percent classless but man they REALLY went for it. Throwing snakes and jerseys and toys at him?

They could throw people out because they would have thrown out 86 percent of the rink lol. All the same, during the video tribute was a bit much

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think Tavares' return to the Island semi-showcases how we would react if Connor peaced out to the Leaves. I think Connor definitely took note of how it went. Don't think he would want that.

I get there's all these people out here saying "omfg I wish McDavid was on another team and I would cheer for that team too!" types out there but they are not fans of the Oilers in my view.
We booed Gretzky when he came back with the Kings. Didn’t happen immediately, probably took a full year but it became a regular thing for most of the rest of his career.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I'd boo the shit out of McDavid, ultimately it'd be his choice and while I can't blame him I can't cheer for another team either, I'd sooner just stop watching hockey entirely and can't do that either so stuck being an Oilers fan for life. ugh, I need a drink.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

"John, you suck!"

I don't blame him for wanting to play for his home team , he owed the Islanders nothing he signed a hometown discount so the could build a winner the Islanders than surrounded him with cap floor team, junk wingers like the Oilers have done with their wingers I think the Islanders drafted 2 wingers in top 2 rounds 1st 6 years after JT was drafted , they totally wasted 8 years of his career

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton

If McDavid did what Tavares did, then yes, I could see the fans reacting the same way. But if he does it differently, being non-committal and not making promises, or just plain wanting to go free agency and we are able to get a return on him on trade deadline. I would respect that, it will break my oiler heart, but I will accept it and look forward to the game he plays against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad