true highlight of the night

ZD93b6w.jpg

Evil Gretzky is the best Gretzky.

Reactions: oobga

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I don’t really give a shit that the Oilers won, but i’m glad Ottawa lost, because they can quite honestly get f***ed.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So nurse is a 30-40 pt smooth skating, physical, fightin' defender who plays all situations and is still far from being prime age for D. Who is the perfect D that we're replacing him with? This is the main crime of oilers org and fanbase-- being hypercritical of guys who are not perfect playing up the top of the depth chart higher than they should be and just getting rid of them. Newsflash, players like Nurse dont grow on trees, and especially not players better than Nurse. It would be nice to upgrade him, along with 95% of the other players on the team, but unless someone clearly better is replacing him then we are garbage morons (spoiler: we are garbage morons, bye Nurse)
Always been a believer in Nurse, hope this stupid organization and some hyper critical fans don’t Petry him out of here so some other teams gets the fruits of his prime years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue line Howie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I really like the effort Kassian has been putting in. I'm glad we didnt get rid of him at the TDD for a 3rd round pick or something.

Hes been working hard and it seems like the game is slowing down a bit for him - the tunnel vision is opening up slightly.

Would still like him to lose his **** once a game though - to keep the opposition on their toes/open up more space and to drag his teammates into the battle.

Told everyone during the rumors it’d be a god damn mistake to trade Kassian. And we’re still not really seeing him at his most effective, playoffs are where we will need him most (if we ever get there again)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wasn't a fan of Cave when we first acquired him, but he has put together a string of good games. One of our most consistent forwards tbh. Good to see him score one tonight.

Still would have rather seen someone that has potential to be better than just an adequate 4th line guy, wish we kept Zykov and actually tried to get some more raw talent on this team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The worse thing about Currie actually doing something this year along with our AHL team doing well is that it probably saves someones job.

Surprised Stauffer isn't talking about how MacT manages the Condors and how he scouts guys

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I read all the time how Nurse always screws up on this board.

Then I never read a mention on how terrible Klefbom is ever.

Hes been good about 30 games the last 2 years. Not good enough.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I read all the time how Nurse always screws up on this board.

Then I never read a mention on how terrible Klefbom is ever.

Hes been good about 30 games the last 2 years. Not good enough.
I suspect like his shoulder last year, now his hand is still screwed. Guy can't hit the net, doesn't try make any sort of stretch pass.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I suspect like his shoulder last year, now his hand is still screwed. Guy can't hit the net, doesn't try make any sort of stretch pass.

I suspect Nurse plays with bumps and bruises alot over the last couple years, but does he ever get the benefit of the doubt?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I suspect Nurse plays with bumps and bruises alot over the last couple years, but does he ever get the benefit of the doubt?
I know exactly what you are saying. Both play too much IMO and that doesn't help either

There is only 19 guys in the NHL that play 24 or more minutes a night. Both are in there.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I thought Marc Crawford lived on a different planet. Then I saw him behind Ottawa's bench.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the oilers are so bad the sens fired their coach for losing to them.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
We deserve Hughes but I still want us to win, I think ideally we finish 15th and win the lottery. We deserve it after what Chia did to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->