Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Winning the draft lottery would be the funniest thing ever. We'd get killed on the main board here forever.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He sure did. Hey let's trade hanger too and watch him thrive somewhere else.

Is it because we're impatient and trade them too soon or is it that players just can't come into their own here?

Seems we're damned either way

When you have a pile of small, redundant players, there is nowhere on the team to put them into a position to succeed. You inevitibly tank their value and trade them out to watch them recover elsewhere.

We could have kept Cogs, but he wouldn't be any better now in Edmonton than he was when he left. Anaheim has enough depth that he can fit in a lower pressure support role, something which doesn't exist in Edmonton due to all the deadweight.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
But maybe six does. :sarcasm:

ca19141dc01c46077ade608c0eb80f3e.jpeg

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Winning the draft lottery would be the funniest thing ever. We'd get killed on the main board here forever.

I'd love it if we finished outside the top5 and then won the lottery due to the new rules. I think the NHL would probably rig it unless it's done live, though.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel so bad for whoever has the misfortune of being drafted by this team. New rule should be if the Oilers draft you, you have the option to pass.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 3m
Did you have too many passengers? "That's a difficult question.We need guys to play our system.I don't want to go there right now."R.Krueger
What kind of answer is that? Is he afraid to name names and step on some toes?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
We had that locked down when it was 2-1 Anaheim. Gotta keep putting these L's in the bank. Lol at Krueger throwing the smyth line out after every goal against. Not sure why I keep watching tbh

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If no one can play the system.....then change out the entire team?? Or is there a simpler choice....

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He didn't want to spend the rest of the presser naming 98% of the roster.

He also been adamant that he's not going to coach through the media and call players out in public.

First coach who has adhered to that in Edmonton in a while.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
can Ralph be canned already? a bold move put be to put a competant coach in place
this guy has no clue

and PLEASE, for all things holy....let him choose his assistants! out with the former Oilers

how do these guys wake up every morning know they are the butt end of every hockey joke at the moment?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'll take Ryan Smyth as the coach right about now.

The team would be turning every rush into a wrap around or clapper from the side boards, but it'd probably still be an improvement.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
He didn't want to spend the rest of the presser naming 98% of the roster.

I don't think Ralph believes in calling players out in public. We can only hope he's a lot tougher on them behind closed doors.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
can Ralph be canned already? a bold move put be to put a competant coach in place

this guy has no clue

and PLEASE, for all things holy....let him choose his assistants! out with the former Oilers

how do these guys wake up every morning know they are the butt end of every hockey joke at the moment?

:handclap:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Gene used to be a half decent journalist when he was with A-Channel(Now City TV). Wouldn't be surprised if he asked it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad